Quickest Way To Do A Visa Run

Hi,

Can you tell me the quickest and most convenient way to do a visa run (On Saturday)

This is our first visa run as our 3 month visa run out on Monday.

Quickest way because we have a 10 year old child to go as well.

Any help or advice would be grately appreciated.

Angie

quickest way is to look in the bkk post there is a bus that goes to the cambodian border.

leaves daily around 7am returns about 4pm

2,000 baht each.

if you have a car drive yourself then only takes about 3 hours each way.

I found renting a car for about 1200 baht is really easy. We headed down to Trat on Saturday did the crossing in the afternoon. Then spent the night in Koh Chang. Made a nice little weekend of it. But renting a car saves a lot of time and some cash too.

Its reall qute simple to get down there the roads are clearly marked in English. I think the other Cambodia section is closer though.

Just be prepaired to say Mia Aw to the locals. As posted on the board they are extreamly agressive.

HI

poi pet is the closest from bangkok, lot of beggars and children around. probably it's better you do it with a visa run agent if it's your first time. It costs more but they take you through it and prepare your cambodian visa mostly upfront.

It's about 3 hours drive and back. So leave morning back around 6 at night.

Trat is a lot quieter and relaxed , only see some touts at the cambodian side, no children begging ect. But its a really long way from bangkok. Count to the border at least six/ seven hours drive.

I did it from jontiem and trat was 3.5 hours if you drive quickly :-)

But the border is still 100 km more south on a not so good road specially near the end.

of course you can make a trip to ko chang about it.

If you take a child probably trat would be better because of the less harrasment that you get there. Poi pet is one big mess according to me. Lots of building also so you don't know where to go first.

B

the one i used in pattaya was recommend by many people, I dont know one in bangkok though.

In pattaya use the one from the german tourist agency in the beginning of Soi Postoffice on the right, small shop behind the motorbike vendors.

They even have lunch for you on your trip while they do the cambodian visas.

2500 hundred bath and bring two pictures of yourself.

I wouldn't call 2500 a ripp of as my trip to trang cost 1500 bath on fuel alone and the border crossing was something like 800.

b

Hi.....the best mini bus run to poi pet from Pattaya at the moment is "luxury visa runs" they have 10 mini buses 5 for those who wish to smoke and 5 for those who dont. Also they have movies with headphones for anyone wanting to watch ...maybe good if you are taking child with you. cost 2400 baht including cambodian visa fee. They are based on the 3rd road on the left if you were travelling from central road to south pattaya road approx 400 yards from the south road. They are english owned and run. Yet again this may not be too much help with you being in Bangkok...unless you spend a night in Pattaya of course. I would agree that you want to use an agency the first time as poi pet border can be intimidating...beggars etc. good luck. :o

Angie - I did a visa run to Aranyaprathet / Poipet in December03. Total cost 1800baht

1000B for the Cambodian visa and 800B for the minibus to Aranyaprathet. The travel agency I used had a guy drive me to the border and then a local Cambodian walks you through customs and immigration back to Thailand.

The minibus left Sukhumvit 24 about 7.30am and I was back by about 7pm the same day..

Asianna Oriental Travel Sukhumvit 41-43