i-Pad Mini tablet

Mekong Bob

Anybody planning to buy the newly-released Mini 3, or decided that the older (less-expensive) Mini 2 is a better deal?

Very disappointed to learn that there's no change in operating system, 8MP camera, etc.

What's the most-recent best price for the Mini 2 here in Chiang Mai?

I have an iPad mini 2 and it's great. I use it for most things now and for the last two years, my laptop is all but obsolete. Ignore the camera issue, an iPad is too big as a serious camera, the low res snaps it takes are good quality when viewed on the pad itself. I use an iPhone and automatically send the 8mp photos to the iPad for more serious and convenient way of taking photos.

The reviews of the new mini show that the main improvements are to the display, a much higher quality. The processor is upgraded but the display uses most of the extra power. It's a little slimmer.

I understood that the pricing was to be the same as the outgoing 2. Maybe I'm wrong on that! I sure would not pay much more for the improvements.

Edited by billphillips

Apple products are way to complicated for the average user and most of the capabilities are therefore not used or understood. Anyone with a passing interest should not waste money on an apple product. It's better for them to use a windows or android based product that is much easier for the novice or limited user to grasp and eventually master.

• Like 2

Apple products are way to complicated for the average user and most of the capabilities are therefore not used or understood. Anyone with a passing interest should not waste money on an apple product. It's better for them to use a windows or android based product that is much easier for the novice or limited user to grasp and eventually master.

I saw what you did there thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I saw what you did there thumbsup.gif

Me too. Funny.

Last week I bought an open-box iPad Mini 2 16 GB that was put on sale quite cheaply. I must say that I'm quite disappointed. The size is clumsy to hold and the apps (Kindle and NYT) are not as full-featured as the same apps on my Android tablets. It's a horrendous ripoff compared to the Amazon new Fire 16 GB which sells for $119 rather than $389! On the iPad, there are simple things that I can't figure out how to do without consulting online Apple help files. I suppose it is all quite intuitive to Applemfanboys. It sure isn't to me!

Having just compared the ipad mini 2 and 3 on Apple Singapore , the only difference I can see ( apart from the price ) is , the mini 3 has the fingerprint thingy .

To me that seems really strange , has the apple site got it's comparisons wrong ?

Having just compared the ipad mini 2 and 3 on Apple Singapore , the only difference I can see ( apart from the price ) is , the mini 3 has the fingerprint thingy .

To me that seems really strange , has the apple site got it's comparisons wrong ?

That's the only hardware difference.

That's the only hardware difference.

There may be other hardware differences not mentioned but only known after some teardown comparisons. Apple does not tell all.

Last week I bought an open-box iPad Mini 2 16 GB that was put on sale quite cheaply. I must say that I'm quite disappointed. The size is clumsy to hold and the apps (Kindle and NYT) are not as full-featured as the same apps on my Android tablets. It's a horrendous ripoff compared to the Amazon new Fire 16 GB which sells for $119 rather than $389! On the iPad, there are simple things that I can't figure out how to do without consulting online Apple help files. I suppose it is all quite intuitive to Applemfanboys. It sure isn't to me!

I will take it off your hands for $119 and you can go buy a Fire wink.png

• Like 1