Decent Laundry

TheCruncher

Anyone can recommend a decent laundry in or around Pattaya, I have no problem with traveling the distance or paying the price for quality.

I have used laundry express on 3rd road and Naklua road for years, but as with everything in Thailand, it starts good and then can go only one way.

Changed to a laundry with the same name in Soi Yumee, as I thought it was the same group but much newer branch, but it looks like they wash everything with bleach.

When colored shirts start looking old after the fifth washing, clearly something is wrong.

Your recommendations are welcome

A couple of people I know who use a laundry service go to the one right near the Pattaya Memorial hospital, next to '@Home' hotel. Plenty about though as you well know.

I know there are plenty of laundry's, but 90% of them I wouldn't want to use if they were for free.

I care about my clothes, and if I after 5 washings only can use them to work in the garden, then it is a very expensive laundry service.

View talay 6 have a good laundry service use the 2nd road entrance

Can outsiders use them?

Let me be a bit more precise. A good laundry in my view is a laundry that uses commercial washing machines, that aren't 20 years old, or at the very least front loaders.

A couple of people I know who use a laundry service go to the one right near the Pattaya Memorial hospital, next to '@Home' hotel. Plenty about though as you well know.

I know there are plenty of laundry's, but 90% of them I wouldn't want to use if they were for free.

I care about my clothes, and if I after 5 washings only can use them to work in the garden, then it is a very expensive laundry service.

Well I think they've been using the same one for a number of years. Monthly/piece deal kind of thing.

View talay 6 have a good laundry service use the 2nd road entrance

Can outsiders use them?

Let me be a bit more precise. A good laundry in my view is a laundry that uses commercial washing machines, that aren't 20 years old, or at the very least front loaders.

Yes as far as I know outsiders can use them I am sure they would welcome the extral baht , they are modern machines and well presented when finished.

Well I think they've been using the same one for a number of years. Monthly/piece deal kind of thing.

Monthly deal ones I avoid as the pest, since they are the ones that need to save on detergents and machinery to compete with the other laundries.

Monthly deal ones I avoid as the pest, since they are the ones that need to save on detergents and machinery to compete with the other laundries.

I think you'll find that most laundry services operate like this to keep regular customers. If you want to pay full whack each time then it's up to you.

I tell you what you can pop round my house near Soi Yume and use my front loader for free.

Sorry for trying to help

I suggest you read post #4, that would explain why I prefer to pay the full whack.

Thanks for the offer of using your frontloader, could you by any chance also offer a free ironing service? biggrin.png

Yes I've got one of those steam generators & free wifi while you

wait - might take a while though!

Consider your own washer. I have a condo and so do many of my friends and we all have washers. Some let the cleaning lady do the clothes, others like to do it themselves. Large sheets and bed spreads are farmed out.

I have my own frontloader, and do wash my underwear and bedsheets, but can't be bothered with ironing my shirts and trousers.

Consider your own washer. I have a condo and so do many of my friends and we all have washers. Some let the cleaning lady do the clothes, others like to do it themselves. Large sheets and bed spreads are farmed out.

I have my own frontloader, and do wash my underwear and bedsheets, but can't be bothered with ironing my shirts and trousers.

Let the cleaning lady do the ironing for you. You (or cleaning lady) washing shirts and pants means it will get done right.

Let the cleaning lady do the ironing for you. You (or cleaning lady) washing shirts and pants means it will get done right.

Cleaning lady ?

Don't get me started on that one, but have you ever tried to get a cleaning lady when you live outside the getto's of pattaya? And then I don't even talk about a half decent one.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a year since I was there but there are some very nice ladies that run a good shop just past Soi Yume, upr off Pattaya Klan, next to the pink Rattakit hotel. Pleasant people, good quality.

Used that one before. Stopped when I noticed that my white shirts cam back dirtier than they went in.

Always keep in mind that a colored shirt is difficult to see if it is clean or not, because they spray fragrance in the bag, but I have many white shirts and T-shirts and holding them to the light uncovers everything.

Had a laundry write numbers in ink on inside corner of every article. To keep track i guess.

Just for that single wash. Numbers still there months later.

Another place tied small pieces of red thread into each garment, even socks and boxers, to indicate done. Year later still find red threads in things.

Edited by fey