Koh Tao: Prosecutors unfazed by retraction of confession in British tourists' killing

webfact

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"When asked about international concerns over the investigation, Mr. Thawatchai said that Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case as Thai laws do not permit such a scenario."

The answers the BIB give to every doubt is the cause of international concern.

As to what Thai laws allow, you might want to check with the PM about that, as Burmese and UK police are coming over/already here to look at the case.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

1. "public prosecutors have been focusing on bending evidence and witnesses, not the confession."

2. "Mr. Thawatchai said that Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case..."

Point 2 covers point 1; Q.E.D. the outcome.

Anybody else, apart from Khun Twatchai have an 11 hundred Baht note in their pocket? bah.gif

Edited by Commerce

"When asked about international concerns over the investigation, Mr. Thawatchai said that Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case as Thai laws do not permit such a scenario."

As to what Thai laws allow, you might want to check with the PM about that, as Burmese and UK police are coming over/already here to look at the case.

To observe as stated in the article. They are not here to investigate.

Confessions are recanted in every country. It doesn't mean the confession is gone. It means the judges will weigh the confessions against the recantation.

Please see JLCrab's posts on what the UK police can do.

• Like 1

You seem to be getting worried.

Why would I be worried? I can read :)

All hopes are that the Brits got their own DNA samples and this would put the lives of two Burmese out of danger if they are really innocent, but it's as far as this case will go. The real killers will never be catched.

"if they are really innocent " followed by"the real killers..."????

• Like 1

Why would I be worried? I can read smile.png

I guess we can all read that's why we are posting on here.

You have made more posts on these murders than the rest of us put together.

How do you read that ?.

Why would I be worried? I can read smile.png

I guess we can all read that's why we are posting on here.

You have made more posts on these murders than the rest of us put together.

How do you read that ?.

I read that as hyperbole. (dishonest /lie on your part)

• Like 1