Koh Tao: Prosecutors unfazed by retraction of confession in British tourists' killing

webfact

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long can they keep these guys detained while they go ahead making their case.????????

If the evidence is insufficient to make a case, don't they have to release them?

No.

They must get an extension to keep them every (12 days?)

Interesting. Because they haven't really come up with anything apparently very compelling for a few weeks now

For eg, have the police released any findings on the weapon that was used to cause the very obvious wounds to David? Some sort of pushknife I understand? Was this weapon every found? Or would the RTP reveal during the trial that this was found in the suspects residence and contains undeniable DNA evidence?

The push knife theory comes from conjecture on social media.

How long can they keep these guys detained while they go ahead making their case.????????

If the evidence is insufficient to make a case, don't they have to release them?

No.

They must get an extension to keep them every (12 days?)

Interesting. Because they haven't really come up with anything apparently very compelling for a few weeks now

Meanwhile they are being held in shackles 24/7 in KS prison. edit add link.

http://twitter.com/Atomicalandy

JD #385. So they could go to trial now if they wanted to, eh? cheesy.gif

Your unswerving faith in the Thai criminal justice system flies in the face of documented abuses.

Thai criminal justice system has a terrible record in tourist murder cases (inc KT) as this recent article painstakingly lays out.

"Not saving Thailand`s Face: the backlash of police corruption in tourist murders."

http://asiancorrespondent.com/127509

Posting a blog link repeatedly does not help your case.

• Like 1

I read the OP in its entirety.

Mr. Thawatchai said that Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case as Thai laws do not permit such a scenario.

Asking for more circumstantial evidence to shut down the conspiracy theorists doesn't mean they could not go to trial now, just that they want to head off criticism by detractors.

If it is a perfect case and no outside authorities can work on it why hasn't it gone to court already ?

And just how much more circumstantial evidence is there ? I'll ask you that as you seem to have all evidence to hand.

You seriously think they are 'just worried about people not believing them'

Your excuses are getting weaker by the minute.

Fault the direct statements from the prosecution.. Not me :)

• Like 1

That anyone here would believe and trust the Thai police is really amazing.

One can only presume that they are trolling, and not actually so dumb.

Ok let's look at it your way.

Let's assume there has been a cover up/stitch up and the police know who the real culprits are.

With well over 100 Policeman working on the case, all the reporters who have spoken to locals who are bound to know who they are supposidly protecting

The forensic people involved, their bosses the Prime Minister's own people and my Aunty Mary's big black dog called Bob.

Pray tell where did the Hundred Million Zillion Dollars come from to pay every single one off, so some local farm boys or whoever can walk free?

There isn't enough money in Thailand to shut everyone up and keep the world media silent.

The biggest liars aren't the police but the media who are loving every minute of this....without one shred of evidence they word things in such a way to get people to start doubting

because they survive on creating drama and don't give a hoot about who sufers.

Not one single person has stood up and said it wasn't these boys they were somewhere else.....Not one person has come to their defence

but their own friend is a witness for the prosecution.......their only defense is "we were beaten" in the hope it gets them public support

The real dummies are those that believe no matter what the Thai Police are all liars and follow other Thai bashers like a bunch of brainless sheep.

Believe me I knowhere are bent cops here, we all do, but in a case like this?

Just imagine what would happen if these 2 guys were executed and it came to light it wasn't them and the police knew so.

Who in authority is powerful enough and would be willing to take that risk in one of the highest profile cases in Thailands history?

Let's assume there has been a cover up/stitch up and the police know who the real culprits are.

With well over 100 Policeman working on the case, all the reporters who have spoken to locals who are bound to know who they are supposidly protecting

The forensic people involved, their bosses the Prime Minister's own people and my Aunty Mary's big black dog called Bob.

Pray tell where did the Hundred Million Zillion Dollars come from to pay every single one off, so some local farm boys or whoever can walk free?

There isn't enough money in Thailand to shut everyone up and keep the world media silent.

The biggest liars aren't the police but the media who are loving every minute of this....without one shred of evidence they word things in such a way to get people to start doubting

Not one single person has stood up and said it wasn't these boys they were somewhere else.....Not one person has come to their defence

but their own friend is a witness for the prosecution.......their only defense is "we were beaten" in the hope it gets them public support

The real dummies are those that believe no matter what the Thai Police are all liars and follow other Thai bashers like a bunch of brainless sheep.

Just imagine what would happen if these 2 guys were executed and it came to light it wasn't them and the police knew so.

Who in authority is powerful enough and would be willing to take that risk in one of the highest profile cases in Thailands history?

The answer lies within your last question

• Like 1

Not forgotten - overruled from above

How?

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and PROVED HE WAS INVOLVED, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

Sounded very confident in that statement. Wonder what changed?

• Like 1

The answer lies within your last question

Surely you cant mean the good Supreme Commander of Police, ie the good PM or MD? (Telegraph, Time nomenclature)

Or his handpicked appointee, the good Police Commissioner General Somyot? Unthinkable.

• Like 1

For eg, have the police released any findings on the weapon that was used to cause the very obvious wounds to David? Some sort of pushknife I understand? Was this weapon every found? Or would the RTP reveal during the trial that this was found in the suspects residence and contains undeniable DNA evidence?

Surely a hoe could not inflict those injuries, could it?

• Like 1

JD knows f all about weapons..........rolleyes.gif

It does but I would be interested to hear your thoughts on what you thought made those wound to his face?

At first I believed the wounds to David looked similar to that inflicted by a 'push-knife. blade (I actually have one of these knives), but since photos have emerged regarding a certain stingray ring being worn by a certain resident of Kho Tao, the circumferences of the wounds on the outside would look very similar, I really hope the pathologist in the UK took indentation moulds of those wounds on David when his body was returned to the UK, so they can be verified against certain weapons, if the wounds are about 1/2inch in depth then I believe this would rule out a 'push-knife' blade which is about 2inches in blade length, thus directly pointing the finger at the owner of the stingray ring coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Are you a forensic pathologist? I am not.

Straw man fallacy. I didn't claim to. I only noted that the conspiracy theory regarding the push knife came from social media.

That being said, I was an EMT when I was younger and likely know far more about wounds than you :)

Straw man fallacy. I didn't claim to. I only noted that the conspiracy theory regarding the push knife came from social media.

That being said, I was an EMT when I was younger and likely know far more about wounds than you smile.png

laugh.png , and you think Daves wounds were from a hoe............cheesy.gif .......Gawd............coffee1.gif

How?

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and PROVED HE WAS INVOLVED, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

Only thing I can see that changed is the Lt Gen was promoted to Assistant Commissioner General of the Royal Thai Police in Bangkok.

Name of new Phuket police chief confirmed

smile.png

That being said, I was an EMT when I was younger and likely know far more about wounds than you smile.png

laugh.png , and you think Daves wounds were from a hoe............cheesy.gif .......Gawd............coffee1.gif

Second straw man. I didn't say that...

When you don't have any leg to stand on, make something up and attack.

How?

PROBABLY THE AMOUNT OF - MONEY !!

• Like 1

No. A random smattering of conspiracy theorists have a problem. Not "the world" which is yet another straw man.

As for "side with".. Another one...

Think you should read more away from Tv.....You might learn something beyond your BiB stuff....

• Like 1

No. A random smattering of conspiracy theorists have a problem. Not "the world" which is yet another straw man.

A random smattering of conspiracy theorists cheesy.gif Would you call the UK PM one of those and the hundreds of thousands of Thai people, let alone the even bigger international community. Oh and by the way "without theory there is no learning"

W. Edwards Deming
  • Like 1

A random smattering of conspiracy theorists cheesy.gif Would you call the UK PM one of those and the hundreds of thousands of Thai people, let alone the even bigger international community. Oh and by the way "without theory there is no learning" W. Edwards Deming

"The world is in a constant conspiracy against the brave. It's the age-old struggle: the roar of the crowd on the one side, and the voice of your conscience on the other."

MacArthur

Yes there is a difference between a theory and a conspiracy theory :)

BTW..

Can you please show me where the UK PM has said there is a conspiracy?