Programs incompatible with Yosemite.

wilcopops

I'm riding it very hrad to go through all the search results on the net for this.

Do TV members have any apps they have found so far that don't work?

i'm concerned about Photo programs - in particular Autopano, which doesn't seem to have an update.

as aperture is on the way out is the new "studio" program due out soon?

Edited by wilcopops

Just in case you don't get any direct response regarding the rather specific software you're asking about... You can always make a full time machine backup before upgrading - then if it doesn't work you can roll back.

So far, everything I use has worked on Yosemite.

If you go to you tube and search for Todd olthoff Yosemite there is a video talking you through the preparation steps for upgrading to Yosemite - at one point he uses a website to search and check for app compatibility with Yosemite - if you get to that point in the video the website he uses may be of help to you

If you go to you tube and search for Todd olthoff Yosemite there is a video talking you through the preparation steps for upgrading to Yosemite - at one point he uses a website to search and check for app compatibility with Yosemite - if you get to that point in the video the website he uses may be of help to you

I think that's forum where people are debating largely "bartender"'s compatibility.

Edited by wilcopops

Yes - saw that too hence "in particular Autopano, which doesn't seem to have an update."

what I'm hoping for is someone who can say from personal experience whether or not it works...........just because there is no update, it doesn't have to follow it doesn't work.......in fact it may be because it doesn't need one.

​I have a full back yup on time machine, but I really don't at present have the time to install and uninstall ......I'll wait for a couple of months and see if anything shows up.

other areas for concern would be

CS5 (or 6)

Aperture

Lightroom 5

(Nik software are working on it)

in other areas I use Mac apps - e.g. Garageband and Logic Pro. so I don't expect any serious problems

How about Avid?

Not run into any problems with any programs not running, LR 4 is OK.... initially Iphoto (which I really don't use) had a problem with some people reading the Apple web forum, but seems OK...

Cannot say I am over whelmed with the changes, seems to me the Icons have just changes colour! A little slower to start up, but shuts down quickly.... as least not as slow as Windooze 8 starting up wink.pngwhistling.gif

Not run into any problems with any programs not running, LR 4 is OK.... initially Iphoto (which I really don't use) had a problem with some people reading the Apple web forum, but seems OK...

Cannot say I am over whelmed with the changes, seems to me the Icons have just changes colour! A little slower to start up, but shuts down quickly.... as least not as slow as Windooze 8 starting up wink.pngwhistling.gif

You should do better ... i.e., more thorough ... research. There are a lot of changes in Yosemite. The most significant being that the iPhone & iPad (running iOS8) and the Mac (running Yosemite) can perform many functions interchangeably. Including taking and making iPhone phone calls from the Mac. And many others that make the Mac, iPhone & iPad work as in interactive unit. This is a major step and one that no other company can do.

This interactivity/intercompatability is because Apple designs and makes the hardware (computers, smart phones, tablets, Apple TV, etc.) and designs the software/apps & iClound that work on them. No other company in the world does this and there's no sign that any will in the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

I was lucky having a Time Machine backup, I installed the old version of Pages again, Apple did it again with Pages, many of the functions are not working, can't group or lock items in a new document, the guides don't seem to work. The funny thing is the options are available in an older document but disappear when you use one of these functions. I guess we just have to wait for updates like the previous time.

Yes - saw that too hence "in particular Autopano, which doesn't seem to have an update."

what I'm hoping for is someone who can say from personal experience whether or not it works...........just because there is no update, it doesn't have to follow it doesn't work.......in fact it may be because it doesn't need one.

​I have a full back yup on time machine, but I really don't at present have the time to install and uninstall ......I'll wait for a couple of months and see if anything shows up.

other areas for concern would be

CS5 (or 6)

Aperture

Lightroom 5

(Nik software are working on it)

in other areas I use Mac apps - e.g. Garageband and Logic Pro. so I don't expect any serious problems

How about Avid?

My CS6 works fine after upgrading to Yosemite.

If you have VMware Fusion 6 installed, make sure you update to the latest release of v6 (6.0.5) before you upgrade to Yosemite! Otherwise you won't even be able to start the program after the upgrade, and will have to manually download the program and install it yourself.

No support for TrueCrypt which is kind of a pain.

Please correct me if I am in error on this. TrueCrypt's web site closed and the software is no longer supported. If that is true then it is highly insecure by definition. May I suggest switiching to PGP or GNU PGP?

Please correct me if I am in error on this. TrueCrypt's web site closed and the software is no longer supported. If that is true then it is highly insecure by definition. May I suggest switiching to PGP or GNU PGP?

7.1 is generally considered to be safe.

Truecrypt seems to be working fine with no problems at all.

Thanks for the info. I haven't upgraded yet since I have no particularly compelling reason to do so, but this is good to know.