What right do we have to judge/comment about a girls physique!?!?

hellohello123

Now firstly, I will say, I am very guilty of this

This is not a thailand or thai girl bashing thread, in fact you could call it a Man bashing or a society bashing thread

I look through online dating profiles or girls I meet on the street/club/restaurant/bar whatever, and I think, "oh she has a hot body" or "she is a bit chubby" or "she is a bit flat chested" or "she has big boobs" etc. etc

When I chat with male friends, we too also comment about a woman's physique a lot

Yet I look at myself in the mirror and think "hmmm. I could do with a bit less fat there, or a bit more tone/definition there"

for the record, I regularlly exercise and have a body fat % of about 14%, but im nowhere near a bronzed fabio ,

and often I feel quite self conscious if im hanging around a girl with a gorgeous physique, as I feel like my gut is hanging out (when its not)

so what gives us the right as men to say "oh shes too fat" or "shes too flat chested" or "she doesnt look after herself" or "her thighs are too thick" or "her a$$ sticks out"

and lets face it, most of the men in thailand dont look after themselves physically

I often ask myself this question, when im with a woman in any country

Or maybe im just a self conscious person?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make the mistake of assuming women and men want/seek the same things. Surely you know that this is not the case. Physical attractiveness means much more to a man than a woman. And it's not just traditional, it's biological. If I am not attracted to a woman, I cannot procreate. Not the same for women, is It?

Women will judge/comment about men until the cows come home. But mostly about stuff that's important to them, e.g., personality, charm, wit, strength of character, compatibility, etc. Now if she's a dirt poor peasant girl, I'd imagine finances to be at the top of the list.

As you say, it's all biological.

It's nature in action and physical attractiveness is the same for men and women.

All animals on this earth do it but humans have taken it to a new level!

In certain religions they require their women to be totally covered up and for the men of that religion the site of an ankle is totally erotic!

Who was the Thai official who suggested that beautiful foreign women should not wear bikinis?

World society being what it has grown into means that it is OK to look, just not too clever to make open comments.

Why would anyone want to take dreams and fantasy away?

It's what keeps me so young LOL

Happy perving!

Edited by laislica

You make the mistake of assuming women and men want/seek the same things. Surely you know that this is not the case. Physical attractiveness means much more to a man than a woman. And it's not just traditional, it's biological. If I am not attracted to a woman, I cannot procreate. Not the same for women, is It?

Women will judge/comment about men until the cows come home. But mostly about stuff that's important to them, e.g., personality, charm, wit, strength of character, compatibility, etc. Now if she's a dirt poor peasant girl, I'd imagine finances to be at the top of the list.

As you say, it's all biological.

It's nature in action and physical attractiveness is the same for men and women.

All animals on this earth do it but humans have taken it to a new level!

In certain religions they require their women to be totally covered up and for the men of that religion the site of an ankle is totally erotic!

Who was the Thai official who suggested that beautiful foreign women should not wear bikinis?

World society being what it has grown into means that it is OK to look, just not too clever to make open comments.

Why would anyone want to take dreams and fantasy away?

It's what keeps me so young LOL

Happy perving!

Is there a point to your rant? And no, physical attractiveness is not the same for men and women. If it were, most of the farangs in Thailand would become experts at self-gratification.

• Like 1

Why would women constantly tart themselves up if they didn't want to be judged on their looks?

It's firstly a competition between them. Women judge each other more than a man will ever do.

Then it turns into keeping up with the Jones's once they have snared their prey.

Sometimes you think you are the spider but you're actually the fly.

that doesnt mean they like being judged on their looks.

It is good to judge and be judged for your looks as long as you are also judged on other things as well. If no one cared everyone would be fat, out of shape and dress for comfort only . We all care what people think and that gives us that extra push to take care of ourselves. Taking care of ourselves keeps us more healthy, makes us exercise and makes us watch what we eat. Judging by mentally taking note or dropping a hint is fine but making nasty comments to ones face or behind someones back is just rude.

Why would women constantly tart themselves up if they didn't want to be judged on their looks?

It's firstly a competition between them. Women judge each other more than a man will ever do.

Then it turns into keeping up with the Jones's once they have snared their prey.

Sometimes you think you are the spider but you're actually the fly.

that doesnt mean they like being judged on their looks.

No, of course not. Those 10's of thousands of girls competing in beauty contests around the world want to be judged on their IQ only.

• Like 2

Why do you feel guilty? You don't state what you feel is wrong with it.

People are judgemental. Deal with it.

Maybe its just me, but I feel im being a total hypocrit,

much like I wouldnt get personal trainer advice from someone overweight,

I feel a little self conscious thinking "oh she has a better body so ill choose her" when i dont have a "hot male body"

and yet I see overweight, balding, sloberring men (regardless of country) talk about how physically hot a woman is and seem to have an entitlement to it

Iguess its just me! ;)

Why do you feel guilty? You don't state what you feel is wrong with it.

People are judgemental. Deal with it.

Maybe its just me, but I feel im being a total hypocrit,

much like I wouldnt get personal trainer advice from someone overweight,

I feel a little self conscious thinking "oh she has a better body so ill choose her" when i dont have a "hot male body"

and yet I see overweight, balding, sloberring men (regardless of country) talk about how physically hot a woman is and seem to have an entitlement to it

Iguess its just me! wink.png

its not just you

Thank God we're in a country surrounded by beautiful - molten(ly) feminine women - that's why I enjoy looking......as opposed to those countries where woman are marching in streets wanting to be more man like - or - countries where the women look like they should be hooked up to and pulling a plough.......

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5yJvtM04VQ <-------- Numbers - on his list "there ain't no 10's"

I don't find myself judging so much but more so appreciating.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Its perfectly natural for men and women to categorize the opposite sex.

Its built into our brains at a very basic level.We are designed to reproduce, so this is the first stage of that mechanism.

It is such a basic instinct imprinted in our brains and decision making.

No discussion here will change this evolutionary and enjoyable pastime

• Like 1

My wife used to love .... my money. Now she has it all. As for the body, - I started off being a 'moo - un" a fat pig - as in the term of endearment. But I notice in recent years that's changed to - 'fat and slow'. But she's not so slim anymore either.

As Winston Churchill once said...

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

• Like 1

I look through online dating profiles or girls I meet on the street/club/restaurant/bar whatever, and I think, "oh she has a hot body" or "she is a bit chubby" or "she is a bit flat chested" or "she has big boobs" etc. etc

Well I feel it's important to make sure my dates (so far all have been arranged online and one-timers) are really hot or else it's hardly worth my while to unwedge myself from my chair and get winched up to street level and head on out to meet her. I mean no one wants to get spiffed up only to find that the blind date is a dud. It's a slippery slope once you let your standards slide even a little. Do I smell pizza?

really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg_129598604

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2