Apartment in Bang Saen with Kitchen

BangkokHank

I am considering moving from Bangkok to Bang Saen. I would like to rent a studio apartment or condo, but I am having trouble finding one with a kitchen. The kitchen wouldn't have to be fancy. All it really needs is a sink for washing dishes, a bit of cabinet space and a little counter-top work area. Can anyone give me the name of any place that meets this requirement - if possible within walking distance of the beach and the university there? Or am I asking for the impossible? Surely somebody in Bang Saen has thought of cooking at home before? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Well, a better idea is to come down here over the weekend. There are loads of condo's and studios. Should be easy to find in walking distance to the University. Good luck with your search-

I realize that there are loads of studios. But with a KITCHEN? Actually I have visited Bang Saen a couple of times to look for an apartment, but I couldn't find any with a kitchen. If I could locate a few with a kitchen, I would of course be happy to make another trip to Bang Saen to look at them.

Thanks in any case for your good luck wishes.

I realize that there are loads of studios. But with a KITCHEN? Actually I have visited Bang Saen a couple of times to look for an apartment, but I couldn't find any with a kitchen. If I could locate a few with a kitchen, I would of course be happy to make another trip to Bang Saen to look at them.

I looked at a few condos there and they all had kitchens (or at least for the smaller units a fitted kitchen area with a hob and fridge and sink etc). These were for sale though similar ones must have been available to rent.

In fact the only condos I've ever seen anywhere that didn't have a proper kitchen area are those new sub-25sqm hotel room things that they seem to market to Thais for weekend use.

What sort of price range are you looking at?

I used to live next to a newly-built condominium-complex; one bedroom and one living-room with kitchen area.

I don't know the name, but here are the GPS coordinates.

It's approx. 100 mtr from the sea and 400 mtr to the main-road in Bang Saen with the "nightlife"-venues.

13°16'51.6"N 100°55'11.0"E

Streetview: https://www.google.co.th/maps/@13.2810965,100.9197223,3a,75y,209.88h,110.5t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sVu7J5DmroR6WGAG-bxO3QQ!2e0?hl=en

Don't ask about the monthly rates........I guess it's somewhat around THB 10,000-THB 12,000

BTW.....in that area they are building like cra_zy.

I looked at a few condos there and they all had kitchens (or at least for the smaller units a fitted kitchen area with a hob and fridge and sink etc). These were for sale though similar ones must have been available to rent.

In fact the only condos I've ever seen anywhere that didn't have a proper kitchen area are those new sub-25sqm hotel room things that they seem to market to Thais for weekend use.

What sort of price range are you looking at?

I am looking to pay around 8,000-12,000 baht a month, KittenKong. The place I have in Bangkok is actually perfect for me and I pay 8,000 baht per month for it. But after 20 years in Bangkok, I'm ready for a change of scenery - with fresher air and a more relaxed pace. Bang Saen seems like it would suit my needs.

I am looking to pay around 8,000-12,000 baht a month, KittenKong. The place I have in Bangkok is actually perfect for me and I pay 8,000 baht per month for it. But after 20 years in Bangkok, I'm ready for a change of scenery - with fresher air and a more relaxed pace. Bang Saen seems like it would suit my needs.

I doubt you will have much trouble finding something suitable there for that price.

My wifw says she knows of nothing the meets your criteria. Not sure that means that it does not exist. She hasn't had too much free time to look I don't think

Thanks very much for trying, Bangsaenguy. I guess I'll just go there myself one weekend when I have time and check things out for myself.

By the way, judging from your name, I assume that you live there. What are your thoughts on the place? Are you satisfied to be living there? Are there any issues that you find problematic? Anything that you wish you would have known before you moved there? Etc. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might be able to share.

There are condos all over Bang Saen in this price range, The only problems is we are coming into busy season.

D& D property is a good place to look, Under Saen Suk Area.

The Idol is a very good multi building complex

Kotobuki Place

The Horizon

Ther are 2 older buildings right on beach road to the north end for 6000 to 12000 baht.

There are condos all over Bang Saen in this price range, The only problems is we are coming into busy season.

D& D property is a good place to look, Under Saen Suk Area.

The Idol is a very good multi building complex

Kotobuki Place

The Horizon

Ther are 2 older buildings right on beach road to the north end for 6000 to 12000 baht.

Thanks very much, Todd. That D&D Property website was an excellent suggestion. Through it, I was able to find many condos that meet my specifications. Actually the fact that we are approaching the busy season is not that much of a factor for me. I plan to look at places during the cool season, but I won't be able to move until the lease on my Bangkok apartment ends in April. So I would be making the move during the low season.

Another question: I noticed that there are some of the big supermarket chains on the main road coming into town. Are there songtaews running from the beach / university area to those supermarkets?

There are Baht buses that run the big east west roads and on Sukhumvit also. There are at least 6 7-11s on beach road alone and a mini big C And Mini Tesco Lotus just up Angsila and second road. There are 2 7-11s on beach road on Wonnapa beach road.

Motorbike Taxis are a very big thing in this area also.

Just wanted to add depending on which area you pick there maybe an over abundance of food within a block or two away. Over by the University is crazy with college kids and many cheap places to eat . They cater to the kids. For example Namon Noodle for a bowl of Tom Yum it is 35 or 45 baht depending on what you want in it. My girl and I drink there ice cold water and a couple of bowls of noodles for 95 baht. Another place is Dudee and I always get the pink soup. The food along the beach is all over priced for the tourist. it gets real noisy at night along the beach and pier area so beware. I am a light sleeper and get woken up a lot from the loud motorbikes and stereos.

There is a night market on weekends on the pier with a live band.

Get yourself a motorbike and this area really gets cool, north near the area of Central Festival Mall you can head towards the ocean and there is another night market and a huge pier drive. you can see this area on Google maps. I like to ride my motorbike to Pattaya some days for something different. They have expat meetings on Sundays. OK enough for now. Good luck

Thanks again for the tips, Todd, especially the one about the noise near the beach and pier. I also like quiet, so I would need a place away from the main tourist areas. I still have a lot of unanswered questions, so I think I'll just go there for a week or so to check it out, as soon as the weather gets a bit cooler.

Thanks again as well to everyone else who helped.