Gen Paibul says teachers cannot shrug off responsibility in futsal scandal

Lite Beer

Gen Paibul says teachers cannot shrug off responsibility in futsal scandal

10-24-2014-8-57-53-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Teachers who affixed their signatures in documents pertaining to the bidding, construction and acceptance of the flawed futsal pitches will be held accountable unless they can prove otherwise.

Justice Minister Paibul Khumchaya said today (Friday) that the teachers could not avoid responsibility by claiming that they knew nothing about the irregularities or that they were forced to sign their names in the documents against their will.

He said that, to prove their innocence, the teachers must tell the truths to the court and, if they were forced to do the signing, they must be able to identify them.

Altogether 727 teachers in 54 schools in Nakhon Ratchasima have been implicated in the futsal scandal by the Public Sector’s Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC). All of them are members of the committees involved in the bidding process, procurement or acceptance of the futsal pitches.tc

Investigation of futsal pitches in the other 16 provinces, mostly in the Northeast, is still underway. Over 680 million baht were allocated from the budget of the Office of Basic Education Committee for the futsal pitch project.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-paibul-says-teachers-shrug-responsibility-futsal-scandal/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-24

Mr. Big never pays the piper in Thailand. It's the subordinates that always pay. That's the one thing I learned living in this country. Look how many low level drug dealers are paraded around the newspapers daily. Have you ever seen a top guy getting busted? That's thainess .

• Like 2

Why would 'regular' teachers be given the responsibility for the contracting and procurement of sports equipment? This is what the article seems to explain. If this is, in fact, the case, then it would seem to me that these committees were established to shield those who actually should assume responsibility for the fiasco. An examination of the whole process must be made.

• Like 1

On another thread today, officials were accused of stealing from the elderly and sick, and now from the children!!bah.gif

This country is morally bankrupt!!

Wrong! This country has been developing a new form of morals, and seemingly, development starts at the learning age.

Blaming the teachers is a distraction from the true criminal

Oh and pray tell who is that - please don't tell me it's Thaksin..............................coffee1.gif

Yep....U have got it right once again Fab....I actually saw him inspecting one while it was being laid and he was busy berating the guys in no uncertain terms that they were using too much glue and suggesting that they should use a paste made of rice flour and water....see how clever he is....use up some the excess rice...brilliant man ...not

• Like 2

Oh and pray tell who is that - please don't tell me it's Thaksin..............................coffee1.gif

No, apparently it's one of the Pheu-Thai cronies using his 'fringe benefits' to engage in scams like this. All part of the package when they passed the interview in Dubai - and also why they all voted for the disgraceful amnesty bill 310:0.

I think there are a lot of lower level teachers who signed because their boss told them to or they had no idea what a 'good' pitch looks like while it is new. I wonder how many of the organ grinders will actually get prosecuted or will it just be the monkeys to make it look like action was taken?. No doubt this story will drag out until the media stop reporting it like the microphones.

• Like 2

Don't worry Fab! I do think this one scam will leave your boyfriend unscathed...So never fear when Thaksins not here...

• Like 1

Why would 'regular' teachers be given the responsibility for the contracting and procurement of sports equipment? This is what the article seems to explain. If this is, in fact, the case, then it would seem to me that these committees were established to shield those who actually should assume responsibility for the fiasco. An examination of the whole process must be made.

Exactly - get as many people to sign off on something, then if it all goes tits up blame them. If it doesn't you keep all the "benefit" but praise them for "good job".

Thainess - something to behold and marvel at.

Happy Diwali.

Al through sad for the involved teacher i think it would be a first step to grow up.

If you sign you are responsible. If you have no idea about what you sign don't sign.

I hope only that this will be a good example and that not only the teachers get the blame. How about school directors, administrators, contractors, inspectors......... and the list is so long.

Grab them, look in their financials and belongings, don t forget to take in passports and please clean up the mess.

Ridiculous reply, But if the cap fit's wear it. Did moe666 even get near to saying who he believed was the head beneficiary.??

• Like 1

Ridiculous reply, But if the cap fit's wear it. Did moe666 even get near to saying who he believed was the head beneficiary.??

After this investigation concludes I wonder if they'll move on to investigate the purchase of $30 million worth of fake bomb detectors by the military?

The level of corruption in the Thai education system, from top to bottom, is absolutely scandalous. Look at the education budget - it's enormous. As a percentage of GDP, Thailand is one of yhe highest spenders on education anywhere on the globe. Then go and look at how much of this massive budget filters down to the classroom. Practically none of it is the answer. It all gets siphoned off on the way through by a pack of criminals who in any law-abiding country would all be behind bars. Of all the things about Thailand, this business of stealing their own children's futures is the one that really makes me despair.