PM Gen. Prayut orders stricter security measures for public and tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But back on topic!!

The really sick thing here is, that the local people have to be reminded not to kill and/or mutilate their visitors!!sad.png

Or people on drugs ?? or burn BKK or red villages----you see you cannot expect to have a topic that is restricted to up to the minute and crack nasties about it with out a comparison.

Maybe after the Pm has bowed out we will compare his admin with the next elected government. and rightly so. It's called feedback-improving from the last time----as all companies do to compare and improve.

The reason why we should still compare---UNLESS you are shy to do that, because of. ????

More strict security tourism control--cut scams---and double pricing---have designated vendor areas on streets NOT strewn everywhere. Put an end to dictatorial monopolies---ie., King Power-----AOT------Samui airport and Island--also Phuket--and the total clean up of Pattaya city council and beach/sand/sea areas.

But back on topic!!

The really sick thing here is, that the local people have to be reminded not to kill and/or mutilate their visitors!!sad.png

Or people on drugs ?? or burn BKK or red villages----you see you cannot expect to have a topic that is restricted to up to the minute and crack nasties about it with out a comparison.

Maybe after the Pm has bowed out we will compare his admin with the next elected government. and rightly so. It's called feedback-improving from the last time----as all companies do to compare and improve.

The reason why we should still compare---UNLESS you are shy to do that, because of. ????

More strict security tourism control--cut scams---and double pricing---have designated vendor areas on streets NOT strewn everywhere. Put an end to dictatorial monopolies---ie., King Power-----AOT------Samui airport and Island--also Phuket--and the total clean up of Pattaya city council and beach/sand/sea areas.

Excellent post!!thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Ginjag Why do you have to always being on the reds into all of Thailand woes of killing and burning shit?

Last time I looked there was more arson attacks and killing in the Sourh, but let's not let that get in the way of a good old bit of red bashing whilst you are on a roll eh??

The rest of your post was spot on but they have had over 40 years to sort the tourism side out, and the current minister is about as qualified on the subject as I am on quantum physics!!

• Like 1

Ginjag Why do you have to always being on the reds into all of Thailand woes of killing and burning shit?

Last time I looked there was more arson attacks and killing in the Sourh, but let's not let that get in the way of a good old bit of red bashing whilst you are on a roll eh??

The rest of your post was spot on but they have had over 40 years to sort the tourism side out, and the current minister is about as qualified on the subject as I am on quantum physics!!

1st sentence---because you may not have read the post I answered and I explained the reason to have to compare---and we should compare to move forward and not make the same mistakes--ignore the reactionary bits if it hurts but if someone kicks me I do not walk away. Does this explain why I refer back.

We learn from history but more from the recent history, FEEDBACK time I am afraid, like it or lump it.

The next government will need the PMs mistakes to improve on them.

It proves then ALL the other ELECTED ministers were no good either ??? and they were elected by the people-----what do we do then ??

• Like 1

1st sentence---because you may not have read the post I answered and I explained the reason to have to compare---and we should compare to move forward and not make the same mistakes--ignore the reactionary bits if it hurts but if someone kicks me I do not walk away. Does this explain why I refer back.

We learn from history but more from the recent history, FEEDBACK time I am afraid, like it or lump it.

It proves then ALL the other ELECTED ministers were no good either ??? and they were elected by the people-----what do we do then ??

Excellent post!!thumbsup.gif

What do We do then? We do nothing as it's down to the Thais mate, learning from mistakes doesn't appear to work for them, 19 coups and counting since the 1930's, doesn't that tell you anything on itself?

There is no garantee of save places anywhere in this world!

But to protect the thai people and the tourist it needs another understanding of the police of that they are doing in their work as police.

Not open the hands for "pocket money"....be close to the victims and take care: but take care i learned in Thailand means: pay money to me!!!!!!!!

As long this problem is not solved in Thailand: no change will happen at all!

What do We do then? We do nothing as it's down to the Thais mate, learning from mistakes doesn't appear to work for them, 19 coups and counting since the 1930's, doesn't that tell you anything on itself?

A bit of history again ---OK Thaksin slung out 2 times ??? this time he was already out ?? Agree with you but lets try both sides of the picture.

• Like 1

The General and his buddies never offer specific information or details about how things should be done or any proof that anything has been accomplished to make Thailand a better place in any way. Too bad he doesn't allow any criticism or questions about his (lack of) methods or ideas. If any of the lackeys he surrounds himself with weren't so terrified to tell him the truth or ask questions, perhaps something worthwhile could actually be accomplished.

• Like 1

The General and his buddies never offer specific information or details about how things should be done or any proof that anything has been accomplished to make Thailand a better place in any way. Too bad he doesn't allow any criticism or questions about his (lack of) methods or ideas. If any of the lackeys he surrounds himself with weren't so terrified to tell him the truth or ask questions, perhaps something worthwhile could actually be accomplished.

Why on earth do you folks love to bring up what he has not done in 5 months, just because you are not a PM lover give him some praise for taking on a derelict office that couldn't function /govern correctly.

The PM allows criticism but not underground irritable bowel syndrome. Be constructive, ask questions-not allowed where do you pick up this propaganda drivel from ??

Why on earth do you folks love to bring up what he has not done in 5 months, just because you are not a PM lover give him some praise for taking on a derelict office that couldn't function /govern correctly.

The PM allows criticism but not underground irritable bowel syndrome. Be constructive, ask questions-not allowed where do you pick up this propaganda drivel from ??

Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. It seems to me he has only driven people off the beaches with no alternative income who were making a living there for decades, and he has given the farmers money in what looks suspiciously like one of those populist gestures he accused previous governments of doing and said would not happen in his reign. But I don't follow his every waking minute.

Besides what seems to be a lot of non-specific orders to subordinates and deciding what positive things world leaders have said about his illegal government, without actually hearing any of it from the people he claims have said these things, what has he really done?

This about sums up the Thai Police force and what goes on... Cutting out a bit of the corrupt cancer wont stop it from getting worse...

OK I agree but we also have to refer back again who near owned and run the force before the intervention ?? HIS ( Shin) brother in law was the top man was he not ?? You see we cannot dismiss these recent history things because we have to learn from them.

This about sums up the Thai Police force and what goes on... Cutting out a bit of the corrupt cancer wont stop it from getting worse...

OK I agree but we also have to refer back again who near owned and run the force before the intervention ?? HIS ( Shin) brother in law was the top man was he not ?? You see we cannot dismiss these recent history things because we have to learn from them.

Your right on that!

But this corruption has been around for a long time...

IMHO, only extreme actions will begin to fix the problems... Chit chat to appease media and other countries is just that.. chit chat

I also think that opening up and letting non thais become part of Thailand infrastructure will go a long way to helping resolve issues. By this I mean residency, citizenship to a greater extent than it currently is... Thailand hiding under a rock while the rest of the world moves on may not be the wisest move...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Man, he really doesn't get it. Clueless.

HE gets it YOU don't....................if security is strengthened all the better for local and Tourist. 5 mins ago your clan were shouting for more---now he want's for the betterment you cry it down.........so much for your agenda.

I wish - now and then - we are able to work out exactly what you are on about. You seem to live in a cotton wool world which few others inhabit. Time for you to go back to your Thaksin chanting.

"Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha on Friday said that he had instructed all relevant agencies to strictly enforce the laws to ensure safety of the public and foreign tourists in the country."

Instructed what exactly? Which laws to enforce to aid the public and tourists?

Empty words if you ever saw any!

P. Clamp down guys.

R. Clamp down on what exactly, Sir?

P. I said clamp down, so just do it!

R. Ok, Sir, but we have no idea what you are talking about.

P. I am talking about what I said. Are you questioning my authority?

R. No, Sir. We'll carry on as usual, as you instruct with your untouchable authority. wai2.gif

Ridiculous post from an outraged ante PM poster.

I'm neither outraged, nor anti-PM.

I am anti-Shinawatra clan, as I made pertinently clear.

What I am anti- is empty words saying absolutely nothing, and which give no direction whatsoever.

The all PM talk is just more talk, carrying on where the last charade left off, and carries as much disdain in my eyes as anything said by even old fart Chalerm himself.

Pls tell me what is ridiculous in the post you refer to? It doesn't match your taste in oysters?

We should compare to move forward and not make the same mistakes?

WE????

Do you consider yourself Thai now?

If you were Thai, your observations could carry some weight. Unfortunately, you are farang, and always will be... so try not to fall into the illusion that your sparked comments on this small forum are going to carry any kind of impact upon learning from history the Thai way. If you also believe that the PM has a totally different view upon matters than any other Thai, or that he is 'special' in some way, then think again.

Do you really have faith in his nonconforming comments over the last months, and believe them to be correct? I don't need to list them for you, I'm sure you learnt them off-by-heart to defend them all.... but let's start with ugly women can wear bikinis and be safe. If you're a good looker, forget safety - it's your fault.... HUM?? You think that's an acceptable comment from a prime minister anywhere in the world? Aye, he's special ok... in a dim-wit way and, yes, I'm entitled to that opinion. I'm not Thai. However, I would never mention the monarchy in the same light.... that has class and intelligence. ;)