Full-moon party only at Haad Rin

Lite Beer

Do you get rape and murder at rave parties in your home country,maybe the occasional bit of trouble,but nothing to the extent you get here.Hope none of your family suffer a similar fate as the 2 young innocent holiday makers.If being a grumpy old man helps to save a life then I am a grumpy old man.There is a word for people like you "SYCOPHANT".

Talk about an overreaction. And yes, you do get rape and murder at rave parties back home. When I was growing up there were three murders a day in Los Angeles. I'd say things in Thailand are far more safe than they are in major western cities, where there are murders every day and most of them don't even get any type of news coverage. I think the problem is here we have older retired people who are probably basing their opinions on the safeness of their middle class communities for like aged people. The Full Moon Parties, raves, etc attract younger and less coddled crowd which will attract seedier types of people and be a bit more dangerous.That having been said for the thousands of people who participate in those things, the number of incidents is not out of place with what you would have in other parts of the world.

That's not in any way to downplay the significance of the Koh Tao rape/murder. It was a terrible crime, and I hope whoever was responsible pays for it. But as far as danger is concerned, the full moon parties seem to be about part of the course as to what you have everywhere else in the world. People's desire to "protect people from themselves" is just a way of controlling other peoples lives. If you don't want to participate in this sort of thing, it's more than understandable. But by the number of people who do, there is obviously a lot of people who do. You shouldn't use this incident to push an agenda.

Couldn't be bothered reading your post,as soon as I saw LA that was it for me.I am talking about the UK not the land of the free.Look at the murder rates per capita per country.I think your homeland wins hands down.

• Like 1

I think whatever the reason behind it, this is a really good idea. The full Moon parties are a legend and form the basis of many a backpackers first experience of the crazy wide world outside of their own homeland. 98.5%* of all those that attend the parties have a great time and don't end up being raped or murdered. They pack up their packs next day and wander off elsewhere, never to return, but with a head full of memories of a crazy night on the beach under the full moon in Thailand.

The proliferation of so called "Full Moon Parties" away from Haad Rin Beach was getting ridiculous, and I'm glad they have been stopped. If younglings want to go crazy lets let them do it one day a month in a relatively safe environment, one which can be policed and secured easily enough. Haad Rin is the perfect spot for it..

*(not actual figure just something I made up)

• Like 2

I think whatever the reason behind it, this is a really good idea. The full Moon parties are a legend and form the basis of many a backpackers first experience of the crazy wide world outside of their own homeland. 98.5%* of all those that attend the parties have a great time and don't end up being raped or murdered. They pack up their packs next day and wander off elsewhere, never to return, but with a head full of memories of a crazy night on the beach under the full moon in Thailand.

The proliferation of so called "Full Moon Parties" away from Haad Rin Beach was getting ridiculous, and I'm glad they have been stopped. If younglings want to go crazy lets let them do it one day a month in a relatively safe environment, one which can be policed and secured easily enough. Haad Rin is the perfect spot for it..

Places other than Had Rin, half-moon, dark-moon etc are simply a chance for locals to try and get another bite at the tourist baht.

They tend to be under policed and less controlled.

In the long-term I don't expect this announcement to change things but I have been wrong before.

• Like 1

Agree with JOC. Keep supporting the mafia just to get their fix. Many rapes, robberies and murders are unreported. Bad for business. As far as rights of passage there most be something better to do than endless vomiting on the beach, garbage everywhere, sex on the beach ,fights, rapes, etc. But hey if you think its a great idea vomit to your hearts content , get drugged and worse. Sounds like a great time.

Most TVF members wouldn't go to such a party as they'd look out if place amongst all the young ones !! But don't have like to comment on the things they( youngsters ) consider fun and a right of passage!!

Laughable really also considering it doesn't interfere in their daily lives either in Nakhon nowhere waiting for their pension cheques!!

Let's just go one step further and ban all nightclubbing and any sort of social partying shall we? It's not like nobody has ever been assaulted or murdered inside or outside such a location has there ??

Fair enough, Party on!!

But don't expect any sympathy, when the next body or rape is reported!!

It is common knowledge amongst Thai men, that is easy to get sex on the islands, with young girls more or less unconscious from drugs/alcohol!! Plenty of unreported rapes.

Interesting to see posters on other threads condemning the mafiafamilies on the islands, but at the same time are willing to support the same families, all in order to get their fix!!

• Like 2

Places other than Had Rin, half-moon, dark-moon etc are simply a chance for locals to try and get another bite at the tourist baht.

They tend to be under policed and less controlled.

In the long-term I don't expect this announcement to change things but I have been wrong before.

Yes, it's good that youngsters can feel free to let their hair down and have their 'days of being wild'. But many of them are ill-prepared for this kind of environment...drinks served in buckets, freely available drugs such as 'E', no parental or other control. I don't want to stop fun but the fun should be safe and sensible. A bit on the edge, sure, but not the out of control scenes reported by those attending these 'raves'.

• Like 2

Agree with JOC. Keep supporting the mafia just to get their fix. Many rapes, robberies and murders are unreported. Bad for business. As far as rights of passage there most be something better to do than endless vomiting on the beach, garbage everywhere, sex on the beach ,fights, rapes, etc. But hey if you think its a great idea vomit to your hearts content , get drugged and worse. Sounds like a great time.

Most TVF members wouldn't go to such a party as they'd look out if place amongst all the young ones !! But don't have like to comment on the things they( youngsters ) consider fun and a right of passage!!

Laughable really also considering it doesn't interfere in their daily lives either in Nakhon nowhere waiting for their pension cheques!!

Let's just go one step further and ban all nightclubbing and any sort of social partying shall we? It's not like nobody has ever been assaulted or murdered inside or outside such a location has there ??

Fair enough, Party on!!

But don't expect any sympathy, when the next body or rape is reported!!

It is common knowledge amongst Thai men, that is easy to get sex on the islands, with young girls more or less unconscious from drugs/alcohol!! Plenty of unreported rapes.

Interesting to see posters on other threads condemning the mafiafamilies on the islands, but at the same time are willing to support the same families, all in order to get their fix!!

I have been several times. Always left by 2 or 3am. Saw a few fights. Saw some drunk kids. Was offered pot.

The thing is.. Every complaint you have happens in other places as well. You may as well shut down every university in the world if you think this way. (perhaps with the exception of Jesuit or Muslim unis.

• Like 1

The farangs would hate to admit that perhaps many of the problems that happen in Thailand are perhaps caused either by their crimes, total lack of brains, non stop drinking and most of all ZERO common sense. The tourists and many of the expats arriving here give evolution a bad name. Way too many foreign criminals here and trouble makers. They give us all a bad name. I wonder why many Thai don,t think highly of us.

Isn't the obvious answer to ban Burmese entering Thailand, as they seem to be the ones committing all the crimes?

And farangs don't..?

Cant believe that . It's ass about face, if they bring that rule in on KPG. There are many very well organised and excellent parties scattered all over the island . It's what defines KPG from everywhere else in Thailand People go there because of it . However the FMP is a total nightmare , nothing but trouble. 10's of 1000's of kids now going, all easy victims of the criminal elements that circle like sharks every time it is on, often coming from further a field than KPG itself.

FMP generates an unbelievable amount of money for all concerned local businesses and mafia types etc But if its SAFETY they are worrying about that's the party they should ban. Most the others don't cause much nuisances or danger to anyone. So they are blatantly pretending to care but really only worrying about money at the end of the day. They Probably wouldnt be able to stop the FMP if they wanted anyway, as it has developed a life of it's own with so much momentum it is pretty much an unstoppable event.

I love KPG and love the other parties but will avoid the FMP at all costs.....

• Like 2

The farangs would hate to admit that perhaps many of the problems that happen in Thailand are perhaps caused either by their crimes, total lack of brains, non stop drinking and most of all ZERO common sense. The tourists and many of the expats arriving here give evolution a bad name. Way too many foreign criminals here and trouble makers. They give us all a bad name. I wonder why many Thai don,t think highly of us.

Isn't the obvious answer to ban Burmese entering Thailand, as they seem to be the ones committing all the crimes?

And farangs don't..?

they will never admit this carpy bullshit you are right

holy_carp__by_assasinmonkey-d6fiddd.png

Edited by kaobang

And farangs don't..?

Few enough of Thailand's problems are caused by farang. Though farang do tend to cause themselves problems here.

I am glad I don't fit into your "us" category.

Better wear your crash helmet too, so you don't get popped in the head with a hoe in the middle of your boogaloo, Jim!

I'd be packin a can of mace as well, "Oh I'm sorry! Does that sting? I'm sorry, I was just trying to help you not do something you might regret tommorrow there guy!"

Edited by Shaunduhpostman

boogaloo ? Another FMP moron. Can not spell from years of alcohol and pills. Another fine example of why the parties need to be banned. Should also have a better criminal background check when arriving in Bangkok. This is exactly what i was talking about.

Better wear your crash helmet too, so you don't get popped in the head with a hoe in the middle of your boogaloo, Jim!

I'd be packin a can of mace as well, "Oh I'm sorry! Does that sting? I'm sorry, I was just trying to help you not do something you might regret tommorrow there guy!"

It will be good for business as police and their masters can concentrate their business in the one spot. They will be able to charge more for the merchandise as they can market it as the only FM party in Thailand. Looking forward to seeing the local police force in Porches instead those cheap Merc's.

A grammar police nonsense post has been removed as well as a reply. A trolling nonsense post has also been removed.

A post containing a photo of a nude child has been removed.

What the! I understand, and support, your removal of the other 2. Thank you. Who the sweet F posted a picture of a nude child....hopefully they have been banned?!

• Like 1

boogaloo ? Another FMP moron. Can not spell from years of alcohol and pills. Another fine example of why the parties need to be banned. Should also have a better criminal background check when arriving in Bangkok. This is exactly what i was talking about.

You want spelling tests on entering Bangkok? So people arriving at Phuket or Chiang Mai don't need to be able to spell? How's my spelling for you? Have my years of drugs abuse affected my cognitive abilities? Most importantly, however, who pissed in your porridge this morning?

And it only took you 2 hours to write your post!!clap2.gif

You want spelling tests on entering Bangkok? So people arriving at Phuket or Chiang Mai don't need to be able to spell? How's my spelling for you? Have my years of drugs abuse affected my cognitive abilities? Most importantly, however, who pissed in your porridge this morning?

And it only took you 2 hours to write your post!!clap2.gif

I do have other things in my life.

• Like 1

On behalf of all the MAS posters who commented on my posts,I would like to say a big thank you.You just confirmed my original opinion of you.I will leave it up to you to work it out.

Chill out Elmer... it's just a forum.

I know but it keeps the old grey matter ticking over,gotta do something on a Sunday after church.

The real Elmer had other things on his mind after church..."and what is love etc" Take care cheesy.gif

A grammar police nonsense post has been removed as well as a reply. A trolling nonsense post has also been removed.

What the! I understand, and support, your removal of the other 2. Thank you. Who the sweet F posted a picture of a nude child....hopefully they have been banned?!

Anyone who thinks nuking any place is a solution as rhythmworx did, should have a good look at that picture!

Actually, the picture received the Pulitzer Prize and was chosen as "The World Picture of the Year 1972"!!!

Check Google Pictures and the first page is full of that "nude" child even if you have switched your profanity filter on.

But obviously you're completely ignorant to world history as that picture has gone around the world a million

times. Anyone who sees anything more than people fleeing from being bombed, having their clothes and skin

burned of by napalm during Americas "Nuking Time" needs some serious, head examination.

BTW, same NUDE girl today

post-155312-0-32514000-1414327669_thumb.

Anyone who thinks nuking any place is a solution as rhythmworx did, should have a good look at that picture!

Actually, the picture received the Pulitzer Prize and was chosen as "The World Picture of the Year 1972"!!!

Check Google Pictures and the first page is full of that "nude" child even if you have switched your profanity filter on.

But obviously you're completely ignorant to world history as that picture has gone around the world a million

times. Anyone who sees anything more than people fleeing from being bombed, having their clothes and skin

burned of by napalm during Americas "Nuking Time" needs some serious, head examination.

BTW, same NUDE girl today

attachicon.gifnuke.jpg

That photo. OK. Maybe a touch of discretion in an online world. Linking to it might have been more appropriate.