Full-moon party only at Haad Rin

Lite Beer

been there 20 years ago and i really enjoyed it.

would i go now?no because i am to old and enjoy other things in my life.

would i go if i were young again-certainly.

please older fellows don't forget your youth.(before you turned grumpy)

I have been a full on clubber since i was 17, (i'm 40 now) i still love clubs and house music. I have DJ'd on and off all these years also. The only reason i have never been to a full moon party is because i am not a fan of beaches and would find them uncomfortable. I'm also not that big a fan of backpackers either.

Those that criticize these events really are sad indaviduals. There is next to no trouble at gigs like this as everyone is there to enjoy themselves. Drugs..?? I could care less what someone said., i hammered E's through the 90's and absolutely love them, they along with global clubbing made me a better person. This's something many on here won't understand....

Good post Mr Chef smile.png

And those E's were the real thing back then too......

Used in marriage counseling as well in the US, until it was stopped

Fact was, I liked my wife a lot more with, than without, so, there is some truth to what you say

• Like 2

All of these 'full moon' parties should be banned by the central government.

Grumpy old man award... This ban is just the Govts way of saying they are clueless, the KT murder was not related to a "party" ...it was a random crime possible anywhere at any time.

Do you get rape and murder at rave parties in your home country,maybe the occasional bit of trouble,but nothing to the extent you get here.Hope none of your family suffer a similar fate as the 2 young innocent holiday makers.If being a grumpy old man helps to save a life then I am a grumpy old man.There is a word for people like you "SYCOPHANT".

How many of thee types of party have you been to and witnesses these despicable crimes you talk about ? So no rapes or attacks happen on social parties on the mainland then ?

There's a word for people like you to "boring "

There was NO connection to KPN or any full moon party that attributed to the murder of Hannah and David!!!

Fat Haggis you disappoint me,I assumed by your avatar you have had the benefit of a good old fashioned Scottish education,in other words you had learned the 3 R's.Reading,riting,rithmatic.I think you failed your reading.If you are not sure what I mean,feel free to ask an adult.

• Like 2

been there 20 years ago and i really enjoyed it.

would i go now?no because i am to old and enjoy other things in my life.

would i go if i were young again-certainly.

please older fellows don't forget your youth.(before you turned grumpy)

I have been a full on clubber since i was 17, (i'm 40 now) i still love clubs and house music. I have DJ'd on and off all these years also. The only reason i have never been to a full moon party is because i am not a fan of beaches and would find them uncomfortable. I'm also not that big a fan of backpackers either.

Those that criticize these events really are sad indaviduals. There is next to no trouble at gigs like this as everyone is there to enjoy themselves. Drugs..?? I could care less what someone said., i hammered E's through the 90's and absolutely love them, they along with global clubbing made me a better person. This's something many on here won't understand....

Good post Mr Chef smile.png

And those E's were the real thing back then too......

Used in marriage counseling as well in the US, until it was stopped

Fact was, I liked my wife a lot more with, than without, so, there is some truth to what you say

Had some of the best nights of my life with them.

• Like 1

Grumpy old man award... This ban is just the Govts way of saying they are clueless, the KT murder was not related to a "party" ...it was a random crime possible anywhere at any time.

Do you get rape and murder at rave parties in your home country,maybe the occasional bit of trouble,but nothing to the extent you get here.Hope none of your family suffer a similar fate as the 2 young innocent holiday makers.If being a grumpy old man helps to save a life then I am a grumpy old man.There is a word for people like you "SYCOPHANT".

How many of thee types of party have you been to and witnesses these despicable crimes you talk about ? So no rapes or attacks happen on social parties on the mainland then ?

There was NO connection to KPN or any full moon party that attributed to the murder of Hannah and David!!!

Fat Haggis you disappoint me,I assumed by your avatar you have had the benefit of a good old fashioned Scottish education,in other words you had learned the 3 R's.Reading,riting,rithmatic.I think you failed your reading.If you are not sure what I mean,feel free to ask an adult.

Humour me then sir ?

• Like 1

On behalf of all the MAS posters who commented on my posts,I would like to say a big thank you.You just confirmed my original opinion of you.I will leave it up to you to work it out.

Chill out Elmer... it's just a forum.

I know but it keeps the old grey matter ticking over,gotta do something on a Sunday after church.

• Like 1

Humour me then sir ?

Ah glad to see you are getting the plot,some dour people can't be humoured.Your not an Aberdonian by any chance?

• Like 1

Do you even know what Sycophant means? How does his post make him a sycophant?

Read the definition and all will be come clear,if you are stuck I can give you a link to the Oxford English Dictionary.

Most TVF members wouldn't go to such a party as they'd look out if place amongst all the young ones !! But don't have like to comment on the things they( youngsters ) consider fun and a right of passage!!

Laughable really also considering it doesn't interfere in their daily lives either in Nakhon nowhere waiting for their pension cheques!!

Let's just go one step further and ban all nightclubbing and any sort of social partying shall we? It's not like nobody has ever been assaulted or murdered inside or outside such a location has there ??

Nightclubs are usually responsible for providing security because the probability of a violent act is high where a significant amount of alcohol, and drugs, are being consumed. In the west, violent incidents still occur and sometimes security is partly or wholly responsible. But still, it's the best way of ensuring people can safely enjoy themselves. Until Thailand can sort the security issues out, the Full Moon rave parties should be banned. In the west, such gatherings would require a permit, provision of security and emergency medical personnel.

Isn't the obvious answer to ban Burmese entering Thailand, as they seem to be the ones committing all the crimes?

And farangs don't..?

How can you have so many posting yet make such a naive comment?

Short, easy and thoughtless posts make for a huge number easily, no? :)

Banning is always a knee jerk reaction to being caught with your pants down showing how inadequate your ability to handle the situation is.

It's no coincidence that the most used word by this "administration" is crackdown - the military can't do subtle.

Well I don't know what it means and I am seemingly one !!! I like the sound of it though. I worked for a year on the infamous Sairee beach and seen many of their style parties, buckets, firedancers and burning jumpropes... we did much riskier things when I was their age. I do think the beachside bars that encroach on the beach should be removed and the beach restored though. Worked at one fmp on KP, nasty and weird quite different to the KT scene.

Baased on the Koh Tao incident and results of police investigation, the British pair was alone on a dark beach, and the culprits were Burmese migrant workers.

Probably a lot of expats will enjoy the peace at evenings and nights, but in the case of improved tourist safety a crowded party beach seems safer...

• Like 1

Most TVF members wouldn't go to such a party as they'd look out if place amongst all the young ones !! But don't have like to comment on the things they( youngsters ) consider fun and a right of passage!!

Laughable really also considering it doesn't interfere in their daily lives either in Nakhon nowhere waiting for their pension cheques!!

Let's just go one step further and ban all nightclubbing and any sort of social partying shall we? It's not like nobody has ever been assaulted or murdered inside or outside such a location has there ??

Fair enough, Party on!!

But don't expect any sympathy, when the next body or rape is reported!!

It is common knowledge amongst Thai men, that is easy to get sex on the islands, with young girls more or less unconscious from drugs/alcohol!! Plenty of unreported rapes.

Interesting to see posters on other threads condemning the mafiafamilies on the islands, but at the same time are willing to support the same families, all in order to get their fix!!

• Like 2

It wasn't at a 'rave party', they were on a pub crawl. Should Thailand close all it's pubs and bars?

As others have said, 'sycophant' makes zero sense in this context, who is the person you accused of displaying the trait sucking up to?

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

What is making me laugh (and cry) here is that there are numerous people banging on about the link between these parties and the sad deaths of the 2 English 20 somethings last month. If I remember rightly those 2 had been in a BAR and they had been focused on alcohol (check all the photos). There was a party on a beach with a guitar!

In short people using the Koh Tao incident as an excuse to ban these parties are a little like using an incident of drunk driving as a reason to lower the speed limit....just doesn't make any sense.

Great post.

I wonder how many of those shouting "close the parties down" have actually been?

If anyone has had a bad experience at a party, please recount it here.

If your peace and quiet has been disturbed, let us know which was there first - the party, or you?

And perhaps you could also explain why you were expecting peace and quiet on an island famous for partying.

And when did having a good time become something only you were allowed to do when you were young?

Edited by ParadiseLost

It wasn't at a 'rave party', they were on a pub crawl. Should Thailand close all it's pubs and bars?

As others have said, 'sycophant' makes zero sense in this context, who is the person you accused of displaying the trait sucking up to?

Father forgive me for I know not what I do.Please endow the posters with the gift of reading.Amen.

What is making me laugh (and cry) here is that there are numerous people banging on about the link between these parties and the sad deaths of the 2 English 20 somethings last month. If I remember rightly those 2 had been in a BAR and they had been focused on alcohol (check all the photos). There was a party on a beach with a guitar!

In short people using the Koh Tao incident as an excuse to ban these parties are a little like using an incident of drunk driving as a reason to lower the speed limit....just doesn't make any sense.

In my life I have worked in pubs, bars and DJed in clubs and at raves. The lowest crime levels have always been at rural pubs followed by illegal raves and then big city clubs. The highest crime issues have been city bars and pubs and regional nightclubs (god they're the worst) where there is a massive focus on extended drinking. Sexual crime? Mostly in the home and alcohol based. Domestic crime? Mostly alcohol based. Read up about it, get educated then come back.

The "parties" in KPN and KT have issues because of cross-cultural differences and the lack of any particular interest in effective policing and management. Most of the illegal raves I went to in the 90s were better organised and managed than any club in Thailand. Whilst Thailand does not educate itself in its visitors and the visitors do not educate themselves in Thailand these crimes will happen whether it is bar related or "party" related (and most these parties have numerous bars and a massive alcohol focus).

It seems to me that most people on here looking to ban these parties have axes to grind. If you suffer because they are now intruding into your lives because of the lack of proper zoning then I get it. If you are just grumpy and think having a great time is had by propping up a bar do yourself a favour. Go to your local bar and don't drink. Spend the evening looking around and spot how many people are smiling....not too many. "Regulars" are almost always sad people with nothing much going for their lives....or they would be doing that instead.

If Thailand is going to enjoy the money stream that comes from these then it has to take the responsibility for ensuring the environments and infrastructure supporting them are safe and sufficient. That isn't going to happen and we will continue to see these issues.

Me, I love my life here. I choose carefully what I do and I rarely have any issues. I am not a trusting tourist though.

Perfect answer

By placing a ban on all activities except the full moon party aren't they suggestin with this action that no one is safe there? That the killings may happen again because either they can not protect the tourist or because they know the real killers are still free?

Although i have never been to Khao Tao nor to a full moon party i have heard about them, including all about the drugs offered there. What kind if party will it be if its surrounded by the Bib?

I certainly would not waste my time and money to find out with so many other places here i could go without fear of being killed or persecuted.

Q: what other places would those be?

Talk about an overreaction. And yes, you do get rape and murder at rave parties back home. When I was growing up there were three murders a day in Los Angeles. I'd say things in Thailand are far more safe than they are in major western cities, where there are murders every day and most of them don't even get any type of news coverage. I think the problem is here we have older retired people who are probably basing their opinions on the safeness of their middle class communities for like aged people. The Full Moon Parties, raves, etc attract younger and less coddled crowd which will attract seedier types of people and be a bit more dangerous.That having been said for the thousands of people who participate in those things, the number of incidents is not out of place with what you would have in other parts of the world.

That's not in any way to downplay the significance of the Koh Tao rape/murder. It was a terrible crime, and I hope whoever was responsible pays for it. But as far as danger is concerned, the full moon parties seem to be about part of the course as to what you have everywhere else in the world. People's desire to "protect people from themselves" is just a way of controlling other peoples lives. If you don't want to participate in this sort of thing, it's more than understandable. But by the number of people who do, there is obviously a lot of people who do. You shouldn't use this incident to push an agenda.

• Like 1