Entitlement of the Yellow Tabien Book?

Once issued, what entitlements are we (as foreigners) granted in relation to the shared property?

Is this book a seriously recognised document that WILL provide genuine rights to a Foreigner in the event of the Thai partner undertaking remortgage or sale of the property without prior signed consent of the Foreign partner?

The yellow House book saves you considerable time, drive times and money on an annual basis when going about errands in Thailand. Vehicle registration, drivers license, utility connections, a permit to build a house are just some of the items it helps you with. Think about how reassuring that document in Thai is to any Thai government or office person. They can read in their language where you are registered as living and they are not "taking a chance" on some document they are not familiar with. The Thai Immigration office likes to read your address from this document as well as hospitals. As "TiedDown" noted it has nothing to do with your ownership rights. The "Permit to Build" can establish ownership of a structure.

• Like 1

Proof of address is about all it will give.

Handy if buying a car or applying for a driving license.

Not at Pattaya Land Transport Office. They will accept only the "residency certificate" issued by Immigration for license renewal and car registration

This has been verified by numerous posts here at TV and is the main reason I have never bothered to jump through the hoops to get one

The only tangible benefit I have heard of is that it is a requirement if you wan't to apply for permanent residency

Some have reported that it "helps" when applying for an extension of stay but once again that is up to your local Immigration office

I own a Condominium in Cha-am. I was told this book is not required and serves virtually no purpose a "farang" would need it for. The Huahin Immigration a issue residency certificate over the counter in 20 min. I have used these for car /motorcycle purchases and sales and car/motor bike licence.

To get my retirement visa at Huahin I use a fixed term deposit with Bangkok Bank with the amount being 800,000 bt. The bank gives me a letter confirming this deposit (200bt). I take a photo copy of my title deeds for my condo with a passport size photo . Last time they wanted a photo copy of my 1st retirement visa 3 years ago ( I could never work out why) and that's that. .last time 30 minutes .

I was encouraged by other "farangs" to get a Tabien book. Its cheap until at the Amphur until they tell you the paperwork required which would need translating . So I did a dummy run and enquired and it worked out it would cost 12000 bt !!!!!!

My condo is made up of 3 condos which I purchased as "shells" and made them into one.. Therefore I needed 3 books for 3 condos , about 36000bt !! That was Cha-am Amphur. And a local Realtor who contracted translations out. Sounded like a scam. She gave us 3 envelopes and told us how much money was to go in each one . !!! It seams as if the "cleaner" was going to miss out. Why pay for favours you don't need ??

My wife was an Accountant and it was decided that as it has nothing to do with ownership, ven though you are doing the paper work they wanted money for themselves. They are not required for a Visa, not required for sale if property sold , not required for vehicle purchase as Immigration issue resident certificates so it was a complete waste of time and money.

• Like 2

Proof of address is about all it will give.

Handy if buying a car or applying for a driving license.

Not at Pattaya Land Transport Office. They will accept only the "residency certificate" issued by Immigration for license renewal and car registration

This has been verified by numerous posts here at TV and is the main reason I have never bothered to jump through the hoops to get one

The only tangible benefit I have heard of is that it is a requirement if you wan't to apply for permanent residency

Some have reported that it "helps" when applying for an extension of stay but once again that is up to your local Immigration office

Unlucky.

The Yellow Book is acceptable, for address confirmations, in my neck of the woods for visa extensions, driving license renewals, buying a car/motorcy and opening bank accounts.

The issue I have is that the local Tessaban poo yai ban is reluctant to issue Yellow Books to Farangs. A pre-requisite is that I would need to marry - then they would "consider it".

A worthless piece of bureaucratic mumbojumbo that may have had a use 50 years gone but I doubt it. For those farang who like to wave them around like a Kewpie doll at a carney booth, oh yay for you.

I burned mine after it got soaked and that was 13 years ago. I've gotten plenty of driver's licenses, cars, motorcycles, tractors, bank accounts, extensions and condos since and had no problem.

Save a lot of time and effort and just get a beanie with a propeller on it. Works just the same.

enuff said

~

Edited by enuff said