NaiYang Beach - knock 'em down - build 'em up

simon43

What to call.

Its a waste of time. Business as normal. Their is money to be made so who cares about a General in Bangkok if you can pocket all those Majors and Captains from the army.

As I said before this is all about some farce and show and nothing more.

The South is democrat stronghold so the big general doesn't ant to piss off those people in the South.

Have you called yet Simon? smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Yes, at 10.00am, I had a nice chat in Thai with a lady who answered the phone. I passed on my complaint and provided my full name (I never comment or report things anonymously).

I'm sure it will have zero effect...

• Like 1

There are a multitude of buildings on the beach side of the road & yesterday there was plenty of (re)construction going on. I guess this means nothing will change unless the army or navy are here full time to ensure this continued encroachment on beachfront land is stopped & reversed. Driving or walking alongside a beach where you cannot even see the beach due to commercial buildings blocking the view, such as Nai Yang & Patong, is an extreme disservice to the natural beauty of the island.

Thread is useless without pictures.

Since I enjoy having legs that work and I also live in this area where many people know me as the local police volunteer, there is no way that I will take photos of these new buildings - I will leave that to the relevant authorities.

I merely commented...

I just took a drive along NaiYang Beach.

As fast as the army knocks down these illegal businesses, the business owners start to rebuild them!

Where some restaurants were demolished a mobnth ago, new, concrete structures are already in place and the roof is on.

Next to one of the 2-storey guesthouses riught on the beach, the owner is fast at work building a new, concrete structure...

A bar which was closed down and partially demolished is already refurbished/rebuilt...

Honestly, the lack of respect for the law is beyond belief. The only thing that might make these greedy people obey the rules is confiscation of all assets and a lengthy jail term.

I was at NaiYang beach three Sundays ago.Watching the end of Yum's bar, spoke with the Army I asked why some were being demolished and others left, Well this is what I was told (as best I can explain) apparently some of the land there have Chanotes / papers that have been issued with conditions that they terminate on the death of dependent children, i.e. The next generation.

Never heard of this before...post-30637-14145809678427_thumb.jpg

Thread is useless without pictures.

Yes, and I'm sure the authorities think the same thing. With video proof, they would be forced to do something.

Again laugh.png You poor sweet fools . You still haven't got it yet cowboy.gif

A friend of mine was on that Nok Air plane that was aborted before takeoff, went to Nai Yang afterwords and took a video from the beach. Indeed there looked to be a lot of building still right on the sand with more construction commencing.

Where's that shock emoticon again laugh.png

There are a multitude of buildings on the beach side of the road & yesterday there was plenty of (re)construction going on. I guess this means nothing will change unless the army or navy are here full time to ensure this continued encroachment on beachfront land is stopped & reversed. Driving or walking alongside a beach where you cannot even see the beach due to commercial buildings blocking the view, such as Nai Yang & Patong, is an extreme disservice to the natural beauty of the island.

And I'm guessing, and please correct me if I'm wrong, these new structures are able to build where the old Thai style 'structures' were summarily turfed out a couple of months back ?

And I'm guessing, and please correct me if I'm wrong, these new structures are able to build where the old Thai style 'structures' were summarily turfed out a couple of months back ?

I don't know the area very well but certainly looks that way. 2 constructions I saw look like they will turn into a row of small enclosed booths. To be honest I used to like the small thatched restaurants that were on the beach there & Surin many years ago as they had a bit of a beachside character about them & there were not too many, easy access to the beach with plenty of space in between.

• Like 2

apparently some of the land there have Chanotes / papers

Some of the land is Sor Kor Por 1, which means that it can legally be used for agriculture, not building 2 storey hotels.

In any case, there are also the beach zoning laws, which forbid building or restrict building height, depending on how near/far the land is from the high water mark.

Anyway, as is being demonstrated, what is stipulated in Law seems to be totally irrelevant... as usual

I just took a drive along NaiYang Beach.

As fast as the army knocks down these illegal businesses, the business owners start to rebuild them!

Where some restaurants were demolished a mobnth ago, new, concrete structures are already in place and the roof is on.

Next to one of the 2-storey guesthouses riught on the beach, the owner is fast at work building a new, concrete structure...

A bar which was closed down and partially demolished is already refurbished/rebuilt...

Honestly, the lack of respect for the law is beyond belief. The only thing that might make these greedy people obey the rules is confiscation of all assets and a lengthy jail term.

I was at NaiYang beach three Sundays ago.Watching the end of Yum's bar, spoke with the Army I asked why some were being demolished and others left, Well this is what I was told (as best I can explain) apparently some of the land there have Chanotes / papers that have been issued with conditions that they terminate on the death of dependent children, i.e. The next generation.

Never heard of this before...attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1414580965.833247.jpg

Also never heard of this. I know there is a type of land title that gives you the right to use the land, but not to sell it, and it can only change ownership by inheriting. Not restricted to just two generations though.