British authorities at Koh Tao crime scene

Lite Beer

Rumor mongering

Wow, I've been moving house for the last week and just got back to this. Can't believe (yes I can) JD is still going strong! Let's hope he is getting his 300 baht a day and not being subjected to the Burmese rate of sfa. What a c*ck

How much do the Burmese or CSI LA pay ?

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I really do not understand is if it is so bad and a lot of expats despise it so much (way they talk) why do they stay in Thailand?

We have different kind of expats living here. There are those who like cheap women, drugs and alcohol and live in areas like Pataya, Phuket etc. where they can find that.

Then there are those who got a Thai wife and live somewhere in the rural areas. They are more or less integrated in the village life through their wives, may have nice houses and lands and enjoy that kind of life. In those areas police is different form the "tourist areas"

The first categorie seem not to care much, the second categorie ( I belong to it) know about the problems know what to avoid and are somewhat protected by their wives and wives' family connections.

There may be more categories of expats but those are the ones that I know about.

Anyway the dangerous areas are the tourist areas.

Forgot to mention I and my friends do not despise Thailand. What we despise is the judicial and the police system and we try to avoid it. Normal people are likeable. You just have to know some cultural differences and to adjust to that..

This is way off topic but had to respond anyway.

So I live in Phuket, does that make me one of those who like cheap women, drugs and alcohol?

When I drive my daughter to international school tomorrow and then return to our sea view villa I must mention this to my Thai wife, I'm sure she'll be happy to hear the reason I am living here in Phuket.

HERO!!

sea view villa and international school = hook line and sinker! Especially in that cesspit of a place called Phuket. Don't tell me, you drive a legit Land Rover too!!

The only thing your Thai wife will be happy about is cash, lots and lots and lots of it! If it stops, i'm sure she has alternatives lined up!

Rumor mongering

Wow, I've been moving house for the last week and just got back to this. Can't believe (yes I can) JD is still going strong! Let's hope he is getting his 300 baht a day and not being subjected to the Burmese rate of sfa. What a c*ck

10 bucks per piece of enlightening info

Some interesting pics on the CSI LA web site (not the bad ones). They show the absence of footprints around Hannah suggesting the tide was in (or came in after - need to check tide tables) or they were swept away. They also point out that her hair was not disheveled as it would have been by a struggle or rape (thankfully no pics of that) adding credence to a theory mentioned elsewhere that she was placed where she was found post mortem. Probably yet more reasons the British plods are here.

• Like 2

Rumor mongering

10 bucks per piece of enlightening info

I meant for trolling the internet with conspiracy theories and unfounded rumors.

What I really do not understand is if it is so bad and a lot of expats despise it so much (way they talk) why do they stay in Thailand?

We have different kind of expats living here. There are those who like cheap women, drugs and alcohol and live in areas like Pataya, Phuket etc. where they can find that.

Then there are those who got a Thai wife and live somewhere in the rural areas. They are more or less integrated in the village life through their wives, may have nice houses and lands and enjoy that kind of life. In those areas police is different form the "tourist areas"

The first categorie seem not to care much, the second categorie ( I belong to it) know about the problems know what to avoid and are somewhat protected by their wives and wives' family connections.

There may be more categories of expats but those are the ones that I know about.

Anyway the dangerous areas are the tourist areas.

Forgot to mention I and my friends do not despise Thailand. What we despise is the judicial and the police system and we try to avoid it. Normal people are likeable. You just have to know some cultural differences and to adjust to that..

This is way off topic but had to respond anyway.

So I live in Phuket, does that make me one of those who like cheap women, drugs and alcohol?

When I drive my daughter to international school tomorrow and then return to our sea view villa I must mention this to my Thai wife, I'm sure she'll be happy to hear the reason I am living here in Phuket.

Sorry, did not mean to offend you. Of course there are expats other than the mentioned living in Phuket, Pattaya etc

I know it is a generalisation, but I think regarding the majority I am right.

• Like 2

I am tired of these jackasses.

No doubt, because I don't have huge balls JD, I am retiring from this thread.

I bid you good evening my fellow posters. If you chaps turn out to be right, JD, JTJ, I will certainly owe you great apologies.

At the moment pissing all over this forum just seems pointless.

I wish you good evening too.

Remember the film 12 angry men? One of the classics.

You contradict yourself BB. A staunch anti-red and a RTP supporter. Playing both sides of the fence or just pretending to?

I'm not anti-red. I'm anti the Shin clan and their gang of henchmen who hijacked that movement for their own ends. I don't offer blanket support for the RTP either. There are some good but sadly many are not and simply fit in with the way things have always been done. Some of them very bad.

What I try and express is a dislike for attacking, insulting and trying to brow beat people who have and post a different view. Of "convicting" people, or indeed declaring, their innocence based on social media, conjecture, supposition and then post as if that must be the truth, the only truth and making personal attacks on any who dare challenge there supposition.

The police have made a right balls up, made worse by loose comments to the press, firing off silly accusations, promising arrest after arrest and all sorts of different versions. Hard to know what the reality is with such misleading contradictory comments?

But some pick the version they'd really like it to be. To fit in with their view of Thailand and wealthy Thais. So far the RTP accused a friend of the victim, the AC bar/resort family members, Rohyingas, some footballers, a speedboat owner/driver, and now the two Burmese who they've charged. And this is supposed to be a perfect investigation? Add to that the disgusting behavior of some officers who posted appalling pics from the crime scene on the internet. So no, I don't support this investigation or how it's been handled.

But, I and AFAIK, other posters here, haven't seen the case file and evidence. So I really don't know. But, I'm certainly not going to join the hang'em high we know who did it brigade, based on postings on an anonymous facebook page; nor would I rule out these suspects. I haven't seen any evidence to support either conclusion.

It seems this will, sadly, go the same way as the Kirsty Jones murder unless the British Police office can quietly make an impact. The Thai authorities will try to pass it around like a hot potato and avoid be the ones left holding it until it all dies down and can be slowly forgotten (they hope).

• Like 2

The relentless posting in defence of the police by JTJ, jdinasia and Baerboxer is extraordinary to say the least. So much that they cannot simply be dismissed as trolls. Why on earth would these people spend so much time defending the RTP case, when practically everyone else who has objectively considered this believes the case is corrupt. Not one person (farang or Thai) I have spoken to believes the Burmese boys carried out the crime. I can only assume these guys have a vested interest in the outcome.

Majority of us have blocked these people..on the right hand side of your screen name there's an IGNORE pref. relief...

How very clever of you. Block anyone who won't believe what you think and say.

Keep your mind closed, it can be dangerous to think.

You speak with logic and reason Baerboxer. I appreciate your point.

I am not quite so convinced that the same reason is applied by a certain other couple of posters.

Thank you.

All I hope is that the real killers can be identified, prosecuted and convicted.

• Like 2

I am not quite so convinced that the same reason is applied by a certain other couple of posters.

Wasn't meant to be an attack. Just never understand why people need to start listing material items to prove a point. He could of just said that he didn't fit the S/T and that would have been suffice!

Thank you.

All I hope is that the real killers can be identified, prosecuted and convicted.

Just an opinion but this thread could be cut down to posts 732 and 735 and it would have more credibility.

• Like 1

Wasn't meant to be an attack. Just never understand why people need to start listing material items to prove a point. He could of just said that he didn't fit the S/T and that would have been suffice!

The reason material items were listed is because the post I was responding listed material items if you go back and read it

The reason material items were listed is because the post I was responding listed material items if you go back and read it

ok, just me being lazy! Sorry for any offence, thought it was some kind of "my dicks bigger than yours" scenario!

Guess we can sort of get a handle or rough idea why Mon and an off duty police officer would be chasing and trying to set up Sean. Mon had the alleged altercation with Hannah And perhaps his police friend helped him save face by providing the gun.. Doesn't seem out of the question.

Just thought, mon would have access to many guns maybe the gun was registered to RTP hence the hoe having to be used to recover something. It was a frenzied attack and no time for premeditation.

The gun theory was discovered by an Israeli Forensic team. They have marked out areas where blood and tissue were and come to this conclusion after many hours scientifically setting the scene.

I see that none of this was investigated in the Koh Tao crime scene....sense tells you that the area should have been closed off for days to allow investigators to collect evidence. This is why they didn't call a forensic team to the scene. This is my opinion only.

They also suggest that hannah was sitting when hit and slumped back to the position she was found in. I agree with their finding. More plausible than BS we are being fed..

Face.........bring it on.

Geez. And this poster has been "rallying" the easily led to block those who dare differ with his sage wisdom.

The Israelis - always worth a phone call to the Mossad rolleyes.gif

I will take his advice for once. He's manged to convince me to block someone for the first time - him. His unsubstantiated stories are just getting too silly with this one.

ok, just me being lazy! Sorry for any offence, thought it was some kind of "my dicks bigger than yours" scenario!

Look at us, we're all affable and whatnot and still being objective.

Evening gents, chores beckon.

Guess we can sort of get a handle or rough idea why Mon and an off duty police officer would be chasing and trying to set up Sean. Mon had the alleged altercation with Hannah And perhaps his police friend helped him save face by providing the gun.. Doesn't seem out of the question.

Just thought, mon would have access to many guns maybe the gun was registered to RTP hence the hoe having to be used to recover something. It was a frenzied attack and no time for premeditation.

The gun theory was discovered by an Israeli Forensic team. They have marked out areas where blood and tissue were and come to this conclusion after many hours scientifically setting the scene.

I see that none of this was investigated in the Koh Tao crime scene....sense tells you that the area should have been closed off for days to allow investigators to collect evidence. This is why they didn't call a forensic team to the scene. This is my opinion only.

They also suggest that hannah was sitting when hit and slumped back to the position she was found in. I agree with their finding. More plausible than BS we are being fed..

Geez. And this poster has been "rallying" the easily led to block those who dare differ with his sage wisdom.

I will take his advice for once. He's manged to convince me to block someone for the first time - him. His unsubstantiated stories are just getting too silly with this one.

so you decided your "Keep your mind closed, it can be dangerous to think." statement doesnt apply to you, just people with a different opinion to you? oh well

You should be ashamed of yourself and your Friends

I look forward to the next TVF get together, I would love to meet you and I am sure this event will be very well attended. You have built up a large fan club. Perhaps the moderators could arrange the get together the day after the British Police publish there findings. Plenty to talk about that day

Means

Motive

Opportunity

Weapon sorted

Theft and rape for a motive

Presence sorted

Built up a large fan club? The only poster that ever gives him a "like" is JohnThailandJohn! 555 laugh.png

I think the Thai police have boxed themselves in a corner now.

The media is not going away and neither will the UK police or the Myanmar embassy.

The days of easy confessions and abuse of immigrants is coming to a close.

As are the days of rich Thais flaunting the law with impunity.

Let's not forget at the end of this are two dead young British tourists and some sick and violent psychopaths.

Get this crime solved please....and properly.

so you decided your "Keep your mind closed, it can be dangerous to think." statement doesnt apply to you, just people with a different opinion to you? oh well

As I said, he's the first and only. Go back and read all his posts and see how many times he's advising others to block people who won't accept his somewhat colorful ideas. He accuses all who disagree of being trolls, and advises everyone to block them. Not bad for someone with a small amount of posts.

I'm happy to read any intelligent comments and discuss with sensible people, like your good self. But not someone who is only interested in attacking posters in a narrow minded way or posting very speculative comments as facts without any support.

The best defense for something is often to accuse others of being what you really are. But, I'm sure you appreciate that already.

You should be ashamed of yourself and your Friends

I look forward to the next TVF get together, I would love to meet you and I am sure this event will be very well attended. You have built up a large fan club. Perhaps the moderators could arrange the get together the day after the British Police publish there findings. Plenty to talk about that day

Means

Motive

Opportunity

Weapon sorted

Theft and rape for a motive

Presence sorted

Built up a large fan club? The only poster that ever gives him a "like" is JohnThailandJohn! 555 laugh.png

Not accurate, but hey... Talk about posters and not an actual argument.

I am particularly unworried about some keyboard warrior showing up at any event I attend.

Supporting and helping rapists and murders is a capital offence in some country's and is an accessory in all.

I believe the NCO are monitoring all these web sites, so be careful or are you one of them?

Some people are sheep and go about their lives following and never say a thing. These in my opinion deserve any grief they get in their lives. Others stand up for what they believe and help make the world a better place. No place is perfect but many of us have been in Thailand for years and now have roots here. We have seen it go from a place not too bad to being out of control. When we see our home being violated it makes us stand up and speak up. We are not sheep !
Get it ???

Other than an anonymous Internet forum ; where have you stood up and spoken up? Bleating is what sheep do.

The media is not going away and neither will the UK police or the Myanmar embassy.

Let's not forget at the end of this are two dead young British tourists and some sick and violent psychopaths.

Check the BP, the illegals are now to be cufewed on the islands, just like slaves . Not to mix with foreigners as some can speak "better English" than the island Thai and easily prey on tourists.

What the hell are illegal workers doing on these islands is of course an entirely different question.

Why are their employers not charged? I know why , rhetorical question.

Nearly time for me to extend my visa, need to be legal!

Edited by buhi

Check the BP, the illegals are now to be cufewed on the islands, just like slaves . Not to mix with foreigners as some can speak "better English" than the island Thai and easily prey on tourists.

What the hell are illegal workers doing on these islands is of course an entirely different question.

Why are their employers not charged? I know why , rhetorical question.

Nearly time for me to extend my visa, need to be legal!

Ironically the song playing in the background here....

" Two lost souls living in a fishbowl...."

• Like 1