British authorities at Koh Tao crime scene

Lite Beer

Why is Nomsod taking a DNA test when he has already stated he was not on Koh Tao on the day of the murders?

Was he on the island that day?

IF he was, he will have to explain why he hired a lawyer and participated in a public showing of cctv evidence of his presence in Bangkok on the day of the murder and his lawyer would need to explain for sure.

Not sure Nomsod has a choice in the matter. According to the article by the BP Pol General Somyot requested to see Nomsod and his father, so the taking of the DNA may be another request he made?

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still just rather see video footage.. That for sure can never be shown... Why DNA test now. Should have been done immediately. Of course doing it now makes it look suspicious and adds more questions. Video footage and phone records please.

We can't have it all ways. We have all been asking (well apart from all the J's) that he take a very public DNA test to put him at the scene or clear him.

If it is done transparently and it clears him then in my book he is clear of been at the crime scene.

Really?

He would be clear only on not having had sex with the victim

He could still be the murderer !

Everybody be aware of this

I think I'm going to stop giving my opinion as people tend to speed read and react. My post clearly says at the scene. So clearing him would involve all DNA at the scene not just body contact

"My post clearly says at the scene"

So what kind of DNA samples have been taken from the scene? Only the victims's DNA and the found semen has been checked as AFAK. And the cigarette but.

I don't think they have anything else to compare with. They can only exclude "semen sprayers"

"I think I'm going to stop giving my opinion"

Don' t be so sensitive. This is a discussion forum, not a fighting arena. Erring is humane. Or do you feel you lost face?

Far from that - you showed you are interested in finding the truth (I don't think you have another intention)

There are 100,000 Thais who are above the law. Remember this when you think that any member of this headman's family are going to get their just desserts in this lifetime.

Interesting claim. Please list them for us!

Police,Army,Politicians and Hiso crap.

Sorry,the list is a bit longer now.

Not all Police and army. Hisos, yes. There are an estimated 50,000 in Bangkok alone.

Not so much to do with one's occupation but more the family you are from.

This is a generally known fact but if JDinAsia expects to see evidence of it then he is delusional.

Why is Nomsod taking a DNA test when he has already stated he was not on Koh Tao on the day of the murders?

IF he was, he will have to explain why he hired a lawyer and participated in a public showing of cctv evidence of his presence in Bangkok on the day of the murder and his lawyer would need to explain for sure.

Not sure Nomsod has a choice in the matter. According to the article by the BP Pol General Somyot requested to see Nomsod and his father, so the taking of the DNA may be another request he made?

My opinion as well....no doubt the General has been requested same by someone....I wonder who that might be?

• Like 1

@jdinasia

"but not part of the case" however, is stated as fact.

Fair point, do agree with you.

It is a fact - the police presented a case which implicates two accused. Case perfect, perfecter and closed - oops, now open again.

Do you think for one minute they would have put it forward, to prosecutors if a third person's presence was confirmed as having drooled over the victim? A deranged animal?

JD gets very defensive whenever the third DNA trace is mentioned - it seems to push his buttons a little harder - wonder why?

I understand what you are saying and I would really like to believe it was true, but the real murderers will not be brought to justice, this will be a unsolved double murder and gang rape....ANOTHER UNSOLVED IN THE RTP FILE

Edited by BoristheBlade
  • Like 1

@jdinasia

It is a fact - the police presented a case which implicates two accused. Case perfect, perfecter and closed - oops, now open again.

Do you think for one minute they would have put it forward, to prosecutors if a third person's presence was confirmed as having drooled over the victim? A deranged animal?

JD gets very defensive whenever the third DNA trace is mentioned - it seems to push his buttons a little harder - wonder why?

I think we can all agree its been a long way from being perfect, i am just hoping it will all become clear in the next couple of weeks with some concrete evidence being presented. I personally still feel a lot better knowing the British Police are here, and it seems may be here for a while longer and i am quietly confident they are doing much more than the 'observers' role and are actively involved in the case.

Not sure why JD gets defensive, he does tend to put up some good counter arguments which i think people do not want to hear, but also i think he does in some cases post to stir people up, but in general its all good to keep the topic open.

In reply to 872 Sweatalot,

The whole point is we don't have all the facts. We don't know where police collected DNA from. Maybe they have DNA from the murder weapon that hasn't been matched to any other person than David and Hannah yet! There was DNA taken from a cigarette butt 50 metres away so I would presume they checked many other items in the vicinity. Bearing in mind this will be the first time they have had Nom's DNA I presume they will check for a match for the whole area.

I wasn't been sensitive I personally check what information I have before replying as I believe it is too easy for rumours to be spread. There are people on this thread today stating that in an interview the police stated 3 different lots of DNA found on Hannah when this is not what the police said in that interview. One misunderstanding can be dangerous as well as undermine what we are trying to do. As for me losing face. No I have not, I am posting because I want the real people to be brought to justice. If Nom can be placed anywhere near the scene it opens up dramatically as he states he was in BKK, this would have to open a complete new investigation and maybe they would take a closer look at the running man. I remember they used new fandangled technology to film someone and then transpose over that cctv footage. With the strange arm movement of the running man I think that person would be easy to match.

I would like to add that I am really very hopeful that the Thai police will follow evidence when it shows itself clearly.

• Like 1

The British Coroners report will be the key to all of this.

Cause of death, especially in relation to Hanna, and the toxicology reports.

Hannas wounds were truly horrific, was someone trying to cover up an earlier injury?...maybe...if not there are some very sick people on the loose in Koh Tao, and if I was the Thai authorities, I would do everything in my power to apprehend them.

If this was ever to happen again.....The consequences for Thailand would not bare thinking about.

• Like 1

This is getting very interesting now....The Thai Pm/General has said it's ok for the 2 Burmese accused to have a second DNA test...

The British Police are in town and in full work mode.

Maybe justice is going to be served

Respect to the General for allowing this to happen...Than you Sir

• Like 1

The whole point is we don't have all the facts. We don't know where police collected DNA from. Maybe they have DNA from the murder weapon that hasn't been matched to any other person than David and Hannah yet! There was DNA taken from a cigarette butt 50 metres away so I would presume they checked many other items in the vicinity. Bearing in mind this will be the first time they have had Nom's DNA I presume they will check for a match for the whole area.

I wasn't been sensitive I personally check what information I have before replying as I believe it is too easy for rumours to be spread. There are people on this thread today stating that in an interview the police stated 3 different lots of DNA found on Hannah when this is not what the police said in that interview. One misunderstanding can be dangerous as well as undermine what we are trying to do. As for me losing face. No I have not, I am posting because I want the real people to be brought to justice. If Nom can be placed anywhere near the scene it opens up dramatically as he states he was in BKK, this would have to open a complete new investigation and maybe they would take a closer look at the running man. I remember they used new fandangled technology to film someone and then transpose over that cctv footage. With the strange arm movement of the running man I think that person would be easy to match.

I would like to add that I am really very hopeful that the Thai police will follow evidence when it shows itself clearly.

Very earlier on in the investigation one RTP report stated that 3 different DNA samples were found, two inside her and one on her chest. But there again, there have been many contradictory reports and many issues never followed up. I think the Defence will have a field day if it ever gets to court.

This is getting very interesting now....The Thai Pm/General has said it's ok for the 2 Burmese accused to have a second DNA test...

Where's this reported, excellent news

Very earlier on in the investigation one RTP report stated that 3 different DNA samples were found, two inside her and one on her chest. But there again, there have been many contradictory reports and many issues never followed up. I think the Defence will have a field day if it ever gets to court.

This is exactly what I mean they very clearly stated 3 lots of DNA but only 2 strains as the upper and lower body samples were duplicated. This means 2 people not 3

Bangkok Post @ 3.43pm. Apparently, the PM stated the UK Police were OK about the way the RTP had handled the investigation as both 'worked from the same textbooks'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edited by joebrown

Bangkok Post @ 3.43pm. Apparently, the PM stated the UK Police were OK about the way the RTP had handled the investigation as both 'worked from the same textbooks'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

In any murder investigation in a civilized country, the prosecution would have to produce evidence which included something very, very important....MOTIVE

Where was the motive in this case and please don't give the bullsh*t that the 2 Burmese were aroused by the actions of the victims.

Now when the toxicology reports become public knowledge, if there was evidence of a date rate drug......we begin to see a motive.

If the RTP had followed up earlier claims of Foreign female tourists rape claims on Koh Tao, maybe they would have caught the murderers before they had committed another crime.

Why has the RTP not done any mobile phone investigation ie phone records, sms records...WHY? because they know they will lead to people who are untouchable

The checks you describe may well have been done, but excluded from the case as they help the wrong side...

Consider the presence of a third DNA trace, confirmed by a police pathologist - on national TV. But not part of the case...

Also, still no explanation how Gen Panya could confirm seeing cctv evidence one day but deny it the next...

I don't believe anything the RTP say now. This is more third world than Africa.

"have been done "

Really?

Another conspiracy theory.

Were they done on live TV? So everyone can see? With photographers and every channels news team there to back it up? Like the RTP have wanted every other time to try and show they are doing a job and try and throw the two Burmese boys under the bus?

Unless they have done that, then it still is just a 'may well have been done'...

They've made this bed for themselves...

There are 100,000 Thais who are above the law. Remember this when you think that any member of this headman's family are going to get their just desserts in this lifetime.

Interesting claim. Please list them for us!

Police,Army,Politicians and Hiso crap.

Sorry,the list is a bit longer now.

Not all Police and army. Hisos, yes. There are an estimated 50,000 in Bangkok alone.

Not so much to do with one's occupation but more the family you are from.

This is a generally known fact but if JDinAsia expects to see evidence of it then he is delusional.

Not apparently, as people are mentioning lots of groups.

The untouchable thing simply doesn't apply as much as people claim.

In any murder investigation in a civilized country, the prosecution would have to produce evidence which included something very, very important....MOTIVE

Where was the motive in this case and please don't give the bullsh*t that the 2 Burmese were aroused by the actions of the victims.

Now when the toxicology reports become public knowledge, if there was evidence of a date rate drug......we begin to see a motive.

If the RTP had followed up earlier claims of Foreign female tourists rape claims on Koh Tao, maybe they would have caught the murderers before they had committed another crime.

Why has the RTP not done any mobile phone investigation ie phone records, sms records...WHY? because they know they will lead to people who are untouchable

The checks you describe may well have been done, but excluded from the case as they help the wrong side...

Consider the presence of a third DNA trace, confirmed by a police pathologist - on national TV. But not part of the case...

Also, still no explanation how Gen Panya could confirm seeing cctv evidence one day but deny it the next...

I don't believe anything the RTP say now. This is more third world than Africa.

"have been done "

Really?

Another conspiracy theory.

Were they done on live TV? So everyone can see? With photographers and every channels news team there to back it up? Like the RTP have wanted every other time to try and show they are doing a job and try and throw the two Burmese boys under the bus?

Unless they have done that, then it still is just a 'may well have been done'...

They've made this bed for themselves...

LOL

You seem to have a significant chip on your shoulder.

Keep dreaming that you have any right to examine evidence.

Bangkok Post @ 3.43pm. Apparently, the PM stated the UK Police were OK about the way the RTP had handled the investigation as both 'worked from the same textbooks'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the textbooks must have lost something in the translation then

This is exactly what I mean they very clearly stated 3 lots of DNA but only 2 strains as the upper and lower body samples were duplicated. This means 2 people not 3

Channel 3 7/10/14 news report.

"The pathologist said that DNA of B and a third person C was found on Hannah's nipples. The third person was not David. The policeman didn't explain who the police thought C was or how he came to deposit his DNA on Hannah's nipples."

Edited by stephen terry
  • Like 1

@jdinasia

I think we can all agree its been a long way from being perfect, i am just hoping it will all become clear in the next couple of weeks with some concrete evidence being presented. I personally still feel a lot better knowing the British Police are here, and it seems may be here for a while longer and i am quietly confident they are doing much more than the 'observers' role and are actively involved in the case.

Not sure why JD gets defensive, he does tend to put up some good counter arguments which i think people do not want to hear, but also i think he does in some cases post to stir people up, but in general its all good to keep the topic open.

I don't. The discussion above wasn't about a 3rd party. Feel free to check :)

How sad, just found Dave Millers facebook page, his friends and family are still updating, his brother posted just a couple of days ago and its clear with all the links and posts for the change.org petition that the whole family backed it 100%

To all of those troll posters here who kept belittling the petition and how in your views it made no difference. I hope you now feel ashamed.

https://www.facebook.com/dangerdaveuk

• Like 2

How sad, just found Dave Millers facebook page, his friends and family are still updating, his brother posted just a couple of days ago and its clear with all the links and posts for the change.org petition that the whole family backed it 100%

To all of those troll posters here who kept belittling the petition and how in your views it made no difference. I hope you now feel ashamed.

interesting, the families seem to be of a similar view to most of the posters here and the other facebook page, and no doubt they have more evidence then any of us

JDINASIA just to let you know you and JTJ are quite famous on the unnamed fb page! Had a quick look and your names are thrown in a few posts, think you may have upset a few?

Sorry off topic!

LOL, maybe I should look :) FB is even less anonymous than people think!

Not ashamed at all. It had zero bearing on what is happening in Thailand.