British authorities at Koh Tao crime scene

Lite Beer

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best hope, is that some of the local farangresidents on the island, of which many clearly have be intimidated into silence, will open up to the British guys, relieved that they finally have cops, they can trust!thumbsup.gif

And what becomes of them when the Brit cops leave?

.... This despite the fact that police early on showed they were not scared or intimidated by the headsman family. Like other early suspects they came out publicly stating the headsman's family were involved but like other earlier suspects, they were ruled out.

I dont know how you come to this conclusion, no DNA tests and intrest dropped and not mentioned again after a change of plod.

At least in part ruled out because the son was not on the island at the time of the murders.

Another unsubstantiated rumour mongering post has been removed.

Well that unsubstantiated rumor was actually reported by the RTP themselves

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-police-fail-another-day-30243890.html

"Some fishermen fishing off Kanom district in Nakhon Si Thammarat province alerted police that they found a Thai man on a speedboat named "Little Duck" speeding south from Koh Pha Ngan. The man stopped by and asked for directions to Naiprao Island in the district. But he changed direction to Pakpanang district in the same province after his boat encountered a marine police boat on Naiprao beach."

So again, who own a Speedboat called Little DUck?

While I personally think it is unreasonable to believe we the public need to know all the details of who police have determined not involved. I did find one thing interesting in your link that I forgot about.

"We have now confirmed that the killing weapon is not only a hoe found stained with blood, but also a wooden club. This made us believe that there are at least two attackers," he said.

Have they had access to the suspects yet, taken their own DNA samples?

I would have though that would be number one on their priority list.

No point, becauce the DNA tests the reliable Royal Thai Police took cannot be proven is from the crime scene. Maybe, or probably the DNA tests were taken from the accused (victims) ????

So, you suspect a vast conspiracy between all the people involved in collecting and testing the semen found at the crime scene and further suspect the suspects who have no problem saying they were threatened into confessing forgot to mention that the police also made them give sperm which the police then went back and replaced the sperm from the crime scene with and changed all the initial DNA reports at the numerous labs involved in comparing the DNA and got all these people to remain silent?

Just curious why? Many more scary things have gone unsolved in Thailand and eventually they almost surely would have determined whose Semen it was in the victim. Clearly they are not scared of the headmans as they accused him publicly of the murder early on only to later have to clear them as they did with other suspects including Farang and Burmese.

That kind of vast conspiracy would be required in the First World, but all that would be needed here is a large envelope and a firm word from somebody at the top of the food chain and bingo - history is rewritten, DNA results, alibi, whatever you can afford. You are well aware of this.

• Like 1

"British authorities"...

No, they are observers and possible advisers, but they have no authority in Thailand.

You seem to have trouble understanding English. They are British authorities because they have authority in Britain. It doesn't say they have authority in Thailand. If President Obama visits another country, for example Thailand he's called the US president even though he's not the president of Thailand.

• Like 1

No point, becauce the DNA tests the reliable Royal Thai Police took cannot be proven is from the crime scene. Maybe, or probably the DNA tests were taken from the accused (victims) ????

So, you suspect a vast conspiracy between all the people involved in collecting and testing the semen found at the crime scene and further suspect the suspects who have no problem saying they were threatened into confessing forgot to mention that the police also made them give sperm which the police then went back and replaced the sperm from the crime scene with and changed all the initial DNA reports at the numerous labs involved in comparing the DNA and got all these people to remain silent?

Just curious why? Many more scary things have gone unsolved in Thailand and eventually they almost surely would have determined whose Semen it was in the victim. Clearly they are not scared of the headmans as they accused him publicly of the murder early on only to later have to clear them as they did with other suspects including Farang and Burmese.

Typical answer from a person with complete minority of support on thai visa still trying to cover up and shift focus away from anyone who is accused other than the Burmese .

You may be friends with alleged mafia familys and have business interests on the island , but open your eyes and see how much of a fool you are making of yourself look.

I have this suspicion that the DNA matches are less than conclusive. And that's being charitable.

If there is a DNA match at all, why do you think it would not be conclusive?

I assume there are 2 and they are conclusive.

So why no prosecution?

In any other country, conclusive DNA evidence is all that is required. That is logical

Your 'assumption' is actually illogical.

Prosecution occurs at Trial, in Court. They have only been "charged" currently.

• Like 1

Typical answer from a person with complete minority of support on thai visa still trying to cover up and shift focus away from anyone who is accused other than the Burmese .

You may be friends with alleged mafia familys and have business interests on the island , but open your eyes and see how much of a fool you are making of yourself look.

What you didn't do is counter his argument. All you did was use ad hominem attacks to deflect from the facts presented.

So why no prosecution?

In any other country, conclusive DNA evidence is all that is required.

Wrong. The DNA results in and of themselves prove sex not rape or murder.

Edit to answer your edit. You need to work on those critical thinking skills and look into DNA evidence limitations particularly regarding legal issues.

Hahahahaha.

You are now totally floundering.

DNA in this case does not prove rape or murder?

Can others in this thread comment on this just to make sure I am right to be laughing my head off now/

DNA evidence cannot prove "murder" . . . it can show with a high probability of accuracy that the suspects DNA was found within or on or near the victim, however that doesn't in and of itself prove "rape" either.

Another unsubstantiated rumour mongering post has been removed.

Well that unsubstantiated rumor was actually reported by the RTP themselves

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-police-fail-another-day-30243890.html

"Some fishermen fishing off Kanom district in Nakhon Si Thammarat province alerted police that they found a Thai man on a speedboat named "Little Duck" speeding south from Koh Pha Ngan. The man stopped by and asked for directions to Naiprao Island in the district. But he changed direction to Pakpanang district in the same province after his boat encountered a marine police boat on Naiprao beach."

So again, who own a Speedboat called Little DUck?

"Little Duck" is quite an unusual name for a speedboat. I wonder if is is named in Thai or English? If in English you would think someone who had been on a snorkel trip or taken a taxi to another island from koh tao would recognize the name, and maybe able to link it to a shop / restaurant / resort?

• Like 1

"British authorities"...

No, they are observers and possible advisers, but they have no authority in Thailand.

assisting the killing of BRITISH citizens and when passport holders are killed overseas they are duty and morally bound to investigate in cooperation with the Embassy

"British authorities"...

assisting the killing of BRITISH citizens and when passport holders are killed overseas they are duty and morally bound to investigate in cooperation with the Embassy

Can you show me where that is a duty or obligation?

I can show where it is against international law.

What you didn't do is counter his argument. All you did was use ad hominem attacks to deflect from the facts presented.

and all you ever do is support, in the most deferential manner, the 'authorities' who continue to bungle and you seem VERY keen to accept it's ok not to give DNA and to want to sweep it all under the 'face saving' carpet

I deal with the issues surrounding law in Thailand.

Favoring a trial including a vigorous defense is anything but what you erroneously claim my position is.

• Like 1

"British authorities"...

it's what Embassies do... help citizens and it's in the very front of British Passports:

"Her Britannic majesty's Secretary of State requests and requires in the Name of Her Majesty all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance, and to afford the bearer such assistance and protection as may be necessary"

I doubt this debacle cover the above and why you fervently support "Thais know best" is beyond most of us

The second full autopsy is unlikely because -- have you ever seen a corpse after an autopsy? Then the body would have been embalmed prior to repatriation via commercial flight.

I have seen this mentioned a number of times on this forum. Can someone explain how the Quebec coroner was able to perform an autopsy on the Belanger sisters if all bodies are embalmed before repatriation?

• Like 2

maxme, on 26 Oct 2014 - 17:06, said:

JD, Enlighten me again... Why is The Daily Mail and MailOnline blocked

in Thailand? And no evading the topic please.

It might be rather a problem to discuss the reason why on this forum but all I will say is that the MailOnline published a Youtube video earlier this year which was seriously embarrassing to certain people in Thailand.

The second full autopsy is unlikely because -- have you ever seen a corpse after an autopsy? Then the body would have been embalmed prior to repatriation via commercial flight.

I have seen this mentioned a number of times on this forum. Can someone explain how the Quebec coroner was able to perform an autopsy on the Belanger sisters if all bodies are embalmed before repatriation?

There have been many posts implying that a prior autopsy and/or embalming makes a subsequent autopsy valueless. The fact is that certain methods of embalming (not all) make extraction of DNA evidence less likely, but never impossible. Most kinds of evidence possible from an initial post-mortem remain capable of being extracted from a subsequent examinations.

"British authorities"...

not this again,,, yes we know they have no jurisdiction and authority in Thailand,, it has been said 1000 times before, we all get it, enough said...

That is not what it meant by describing them as British Authorities, the fact is they are "British authorities".

They can still apply significant pressure if they see something wrong, and it will be very difficult to hide things from these guys.

• Like 1

binjalin, on 27 Oct 2014 - 08:10, said:
jdinasia, on 27 Oct 2014 - 08:01, said:
binjalin, on 27 Oct 2014 - 07:58, said:
Basil B, on 26 Oct 2014 - 19:51, said:

"British authorities"...

it's what Embassies do... help citizens and it's in the very front of British Passports:

"Her Britannic majesty's Secretary of State requests and requires in the Name of Her Majesty all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance, and to afford the bearer such assistance and protection as may be necessary"

I doubt this debacle cover the above and why you fervently support "Thais know best" is beyond most of us

just words my friend just words

"British authorities"...

LOL

Embassies don't do what you think they do. Nor does what you quoted

Not familiar with the case but you can do an autopsy on an embalmed corpse.

It is just less accurate.

"British authorities"...

not this again,,, yes we know they have no jurisdiction and authority in Thailand,, it has been said 1000 times before, we all get it, enough said...

That is not what it meant by describing them as British Authorities, the fact is they are "British authorities".

They can still apply significant pressure if they see something wrong, and it will be very difficult to hide things from these guys.

No they can't

The FCO can

There have been many posts implying that a prior autopsy and/or embalming makes a subsequent autopsy valueless. The fact is that certain methods of embalming (not all) make extraction of DNA evidence less likely, but never impossible. Most kinds of evidence possible from an initial post-mortem remain capable of being extracted from a subsequent examinations.

After a full autopsy foreign DNA is not likely to be present then adding in embalming makes it extremely unlikely. You can almost always get the corpse' DNA.

and all you ever do is support, in the most deferential manner, the 'authorities' who continue to bungle and you seem VERY keen to accept it's ok not to give DNA and to want to sweep it all under the 'face saving' carpet

I am not interested in feeding that group of trolls but they work 24 hours a day changing shifts with a clear agenda of trying to stop the truth coming out.

their has been evidence on other sites pointing to some foreigners on koh tao supporting the mafia family and thye have connections in some dive businesses,

It is disgraceful what they doing are but maybe have been threatened or paid i am not sure but their are numerous posters all complaining about this same shiftwork group.

It is probably best to ignore them but they will never stop putting people down and have no respect for the families of these young people .

It would not matter how black something was they would have to disagree and call it white.

You can report someone you think is spreading lies.

I am an hour N of BKK. Have no connection to Koh Tao other than friends there.

Eirene, on 27 Oct 2014 - 02:13, said:
jdinasia, on 26 Oct 2014 - 18:12, said:

@Eirene - You make a good point. I heard that the Canadian autopsy revealed the true cause of death which was poisoning by illegal pesticide. In the case of Hannah and David, an autopsy was carried out by a Home Office pathologist (a forensic specialist), certainly on Hannah after repatriation, according to the BBC. The inquest is going to be very interesting.