British authorities at Koh Tao crime scene

Lite Beer

Have they had access to the suspects yet, taken their own DNA samples?

I would have though that would be number one on their priority list.

Gathering a few facts first will enable them to qualify how the two boys answer questions. Unlike the RTP parading both of the boys publicly to reenact the crime, the Brits will likely prefer to interview them separately and compare responses as is fundamental to investigating, rather than staging a duet reenactment.

Would be the logical way

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I not sure why people are arguing about 'authority'. They seem to be missing the point somewhat.

This isnt the UK, they arent interpol. Its Thailand and Thailand has its own police force.

How the Brits would LOVE to not be involved here. But they are. They are because the investigation is a farce and it requires observation on procedure. The police sent there cannot and will not interfere outside of their remit. But what they will do is report their findings to the relevant authorities in the UK. These findings may be mundane confirming that the RTP are acting in good faith and the evidence against the pair is considered genuine and free from influence. Or it could be absolutely explosive. Hence, observation.

They are there to observe. The problem here is that they might well do exactly that. And when they report their observations, things may happen. They do not need to solve the crime. They simply need to observe the procedures and methods of the RTP's investigation. No trial need be carried out, no alternative theories need be put forward. They simply need to look at the current evidence, look at the means of how the RTP arrived at their conclusions and then observe. Should they feel they were impeded in their observations im sure this will form a significant aspect of their reports.

One can only conclude that the general has genuine faith in the RTP having caught the right people, since allowing the UK police on Thai soil to basically oversee the procedures of this investigation (and the reasons why they followed the leads they followed and discarded the leads they chose to discard), would smack of political naivety in the extreme. One need not find the real killers to establish corruption and collusion in the RTP. This case doesnt have to be solved to cause deep embarrassment to Thailand. Thus, its a huge risk to allow these 'observers' on Thai soil. Lets hope it pays off for the right people.

Edited by inutil
  • Like 1

NSY has probably combed through ThaiVisa reports and comments to get the big picture. They will have more suspects than the RTP I think.

Why would they even look at this site?
I am curious to know where the "ThaiVisa reports" are located. All I can find is a bunch of civilians, with no access to the evidence, autopsy, police reports...., making comments and/or debating what has been reported about the case or in many cases theories based on what hasn't been reported.

Aren't you a civilian? So where is your proof to debunk these theories?

REF: ALL POSTINGS BY JDINISIA.

Just to get things into perspective and explain jdinisia's repeated rebuttal of anything that isn't official RTP 'evidence/report', please bear in mind that he has business friends, as well as just 'friends' on KT. Coincidentally, some of these business friends happen to be Divemasters, who are unlikely to be working for a 'charitable' institution. Just thought it worth mentioning, because all TV posters expect openness from other TV members, rather than postings by people who do so under the cloud of 'conflict of interests'. Draw your own conclusions as to jdinisia's motives!

If you can only see how you sound. My conclusion is you have lost touch with reality and have resorted to baseless and ignorant attacks because somebody mentioned they have friends.

I don't have 'super human' faculties so I can't possibly see how I sound! Maybe you do, and are quite (mistakenly) happy with how you appear?

But, to spell it out for you ...jdinisia has BUSINESS friends on KT. We've already seen TAT trying to 'paper over the cracks' before the funerals of the victims took place. You can't see any further than the end of your nose if you don't understand that in Thailand the Baht rules!

Can you show me where that is a duty or obligation?

I can show where it is against international law.

Please show.

Article 55 of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations.

You better take another look. Try reading the entire document. And we are not even talking about consular relations in the Koh Tao case. If it were against international law, it wouldn't be happening.

9_2_1963.pdf

Edited by taony

It seems it may be possible that authorities may be allowing the Brits more access than just observer status. If this is the case that is great but will not help those hell bent on conspiracy theories because nothing will convince them of any thing short of their being a set-up .... This despite the fact that police early on showed they were not scared or intimidated by the headsman family. Like other early suspects they came out publicly stating the headsman's family were involved but like other earlier suspects, they were ruled out.

Do You claim to be English, or perhaps have English has your first language?

I don't claim to be English but I can't answer the second part because I am having a hard time understanding what you are asking.

Citizens from Australia, Canada, USA, New Zealand etc. are not English, but have English as there first language, not difficult really!

NSY has probably combed through ThaiVisa reports and comments to get the big picture. They will have more suspects than the RTP I think.

I am curious to know where the "ThaiVisa reports" are located. All I can find is a bunch of civilians, with no access to the evidence, autopsy, police reports...., making comments and/or debating what has been reported about the case or in many cases theories based on what hasn't been reported.

The thing with conspiracy theorist is they discount what they don't want to believe and focus on what has not been made public and then when it is made public (like the phone thing that kicked off the big conspiracy theories on facebook) they just move on to the next theory without missing a beat or admitting how silly the previously proved wrong theory was.

Many logical facts have been shared to shatter the notion that police would be motivated to cover up a brutal double homicide that is so publicized and under such scrutiny and observation but it doesn't stop those from believing a vast conspiracy is taking place with numerous officials and entities to protect a small island village headsman.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

It seems it may be possible that authorities may be allowing the Brits more access than just observer status. If this is the case that is great but will not help those hell bent on conspiracy theories because nothing will convince them of any thing short of their being a set-up .... This despite the fact that police early on showed they were not scared or intimidated by the headsman family. Like other early suspects they came out publicly stating the headsman's family were involved but like other earlier suspects, they were ruled out.

Do You claim to be English, or perhaps have English has your first language?

I don't claim to be English but I can't answer the second part because I am having a hard time understanding what you are asking.

Citizens from Australia, Canada, USA, New Zealand etc. are not English, but have English as there first language, not difficult really!

I guess I just not only understood the relevance of your question but also because of the way it is worded "or perhaps have English has your first language?" Based on your followup post am I to assume for some reason you want to know were I am originally from? Can I ask why you want to know this?

After a full autopsy foreign DNA is not likely to be present then adding in embalming makes it extremely unlikely. You can almost always get the corpse' DNA.

what is your explanation of the son not giving his DNA?

He refused, along with all other members of that family.

This was at the time that they WERE still suspects and at around the same time they posted the million baht reward to encourage the finding of another scapegoat.

You also said the video was from the university ... obviously you must be privy to the video, so please share the link to the video or where you are getting this information.

Can you share a link to the video?

Will you be responding or can I stop waiting and wondering if such a time stamped video actually exists?

I'm looking for it mate. Trying to work at the same time, so give me a minute

If I remember correctly, it wasn't a video as such they released, but simply a grainy screengrab from the video that proves nothing and is easily alterable.

The thing with conspiracy theorist is they discount what they don't want to believe and focus on what has not been made public and then when it is made public (like the phone thing that kicked off the big conspiracy theories on facebook) they just move on to the next theory without missing a beat or admitting how silly the previously proved wrong theory was.

Many logical facts have been shared to shatter the notion that police would be motivated to cover up a brutal double homicide that is so publicized and under such scrutiny and observation but it doesn't stop those from believing a vast conspiracy is taking place with numerous officials and entities to protect a small island village headsman.

You know for a fact that there is no cover up or this is your theory?

As you cannot be certain there isn't one, you cannot debunk any theory no matter how wild those may be, therefore I suggest a more subtle approach.

Fact is, you seem more reasonable than your sidekick JD and I'm pretty sure people here could accept counter theories or a debate if you so wish but by attacking every single poster, you alienate yourself. Try a different approach and you may see less hostility. People might even enjoy the debate.

Edited by maxme
  • Like 1

You also said the video was from the university ... obviously you must be privy to the video, so please share the link to the video or where you are getting this information.

Can you share a link to the video?

Will you be responding or can I stop waiting and wondering if such a time stamped video actually exists?

If I remember correctly, it wasn't a video as such they released, but simply a grainy screengrab from the video that proves nothing and is easily alterable.

No that is what people wanted to assume because of a lawyer holding a picture of a screen grab. Police were very clear in stating there was video (not screen grabs) that amoung other things confirmed he was in Bangkok. The kid also did an interview which he said there was numerous witnesses and numerous CCTV video to support his being in Bangkok. Police also stated they interviewed him and length and received documents from the University. Bottom line it would not be normal for police anywhere to release all the details of why they cleared a suspect. The bigger question would be is why would police and other officials and other departments all conspire to protect this kid in such a high profile case that is under such a microscope ESPECIALLY when they proved they had no problem initially accusing him of the murder in the press before they eliminated him ... they did this with numerous people early on.

By handing out 120 million baht for the police to look, aahem, the other way.

AVOID KOH TAO AND ALL ITS DIVE VENTURES

Strange that your claims about handing out 120 million baht have been reported nowhere. Just rumors / lies etc from unreliable sources

Since you don't dive, KT isn't missing out on anything ;)

• Like 1

You know for a fact that there is no cover up or this is your theory?

As you cannot be certain there isn't one, you cannot debunk any theory no matter how wild those may be, therefore I suggest a more subtle approach.

Fact is, you seem more reasonable than your sidekick JD and I'm pretty sure people here could accept counter theories or a debate if you so wish but by attacking every single poster, you alienate yourself. Try a different approach and you may see less hostility. People might even enjoy the debate.

The rumors are what get attacked not the poster.

Maybe the British Police have photo evidence from inside the AC Bar on the night of the murders. It would damage someones alibi considerably

The high rank thai authorities are strangely quiet and under the surface.

Wonder if they scare some ugly details comming up soon and they preparing there escape of that situation

with conjure up excuses.

Meanwhile i will enjoy another sunny day and go to the beach.

Don´t feed the Trolls and Clowns my friends thumbsup.gif

.... The bigger question would be is why would police and other officials and other departments all conspire to protect this kid in such a high profile case that is under such a microscope ESPECIALLY when they proved they had no problem initially accusing him of the murder in the press before they eliminated him ... they did this with numerous people early on.

I think someone suggested there may 120 million reasons why...

No that is what people wanted to assume because of a lawyer holding a picture of a screen grab. Police were very clear in stating there was video (not screen grabs) that amoung other things confirmed he was in Bangkok. The kid also did an interview which he said there was numerous witnesses and numerous CCTV video to support his being in Bangkok. Police also stated they interviewed him and length and received documents from the University. Bottom line it would not be normal for police anywhere to release all the details of why they cleared a suspect. The bigger question would be is why would police and other officials and other departments all conspire to protect this kid in such a high profile case that is under such a microscope ESPECIALLY when they proved they had no problem initially accusing him of the murder in the press before they eliminated him ... they did this with numerous people early on.

Yes, they stated there was a video . . . but all they released currently in public is a screengrab from that video, not the video itself.

From what I remember it "proves" (if you believe the video genuine in the first place) that he was in Bangkok on the morning of the 15th, it doesn't prove he was in Bangkok on the night of the murders however. And indeed, his own father stated he was on the island at the time of the murders initially (I think).

The British may have no authority in Thailand, but when did Thai Village Head men have the authority to obstruct law and order? is that part of the new Junta Constitution?

How did he obstruct law and order? What I read is he met with police and he and his brother gave DNA samples and were cooperative with police as was the son who turned out to be in Bangkok when the murders occurred.

JTJ, unless you personally saw the boy in Bangkok at the time of the murders.... it would be more accurate to say that he was allegedly not on the island.

Without cross posting, always insisting that he was not on the island makes you look a little too much like the poster boy for the RTP.

It would be jumping to conclusions to insist he was in Bangkok. There simply was not enough time to investigate his whereabouts before pronouncing him to be so squeaky clean.

The British may have no authority in Thailand, but when did Thai Village Head men have the authority to obstruct law and order? is that part of the new Junta Constitution?

How did he obstruct law and order? What I read is he met with police and he and his brother gave DNA samples and were cooperative with police as was the son who turned out to be in Bangkok when the murders occurred.

JTJ, unless you personally saw the boy in Bangkok at the time of the murders.... it would be more accurate to say that he was allegedly not on the island.

Without cross posting, always insisting that he was not on the island makes you look a little too much like the poster boy for the RTP.

It would be jumping to conclusions to insist he was in Bangkok. There simply was not enough time to investigate his whereabouts before pronouncing him to be so squeaky clean.

JTJ or CKK Wrong again if you was to take the time and do some research you would find that this clip has had experts analyse this and it disputed by many , use common sense before you protect your buddies

DNA was taken but NEVER checked, the results came back within 24 hours....IMPOSSIBLE especially in Thailand....even the FBI would not turn around DNA results in 24Hrs

• Like 1

.... The bigger question would be is why would police and other officials and other departments all conspire to protect this kid in such a high profile case that is under such a microscope ESPECIALLY when they proved they had no problem initially accusing him of the murder in the press before they eliminated him ... they did this with numerous people early on.

I think someone suggested there may 120 million reasons why...

People suggest many conspiracy theories. Not one of them have panned out yet and most have been completely debunked.

So why no prosecution?

In any other country, conclusive DNA evidence is all that is required.

Wrong. The DNA results in and of themselves prove sex not rape or murder.

Edit to answer your edit. You need to work on those critical thinking skills and look into DNA evidence limitations particularly regarding legal issues.

Hahahahaha.

You are now totally floundering.

DNA in this case does not prove rape or murder?

Can others in this thread comment on this just to make sure I am right to be laughing my head off now/

DNA evidence cannot prove "murder" . . . it can show with a high probability of accuracy that the suspects DNA was found within or on or near the victim, however that doesn't in and of itself prove "rape" either.

good point. Thank you.

DNA found somewhere does not exclude it being planted. it does not mean the "donator" was there

Care to explain how semen was planted???

DNA was taken but NEVER checked, the results came back within 24 hours....IMPOSSIBLE especially in Thailand....even the FBI would not turn around DNA results in 24Hrs

Wrong Boris.

JTJ or CKK Wrong again if you was to take the time and do some research you would find that this clip has had experts analyse this and it disputed by many , use common sense before you protect your buddies

What expert has the clip and has disputed it?

• Like 1

Yes, they stated there was a video . . . but all they released currently in public is a screengrab from that video, not the video itself.

From what I remember it "proves" (if you believe the video genuine in the first place) that he was in Bangkok on the morning of the 15th, it doesn't prove he was in Bangkok on the night of the murders however. And indeed, his own father stated he was on the island at the time of the murders initially (I think).

Here is another still from one of the videos with a different date and time

14120925241412092757l.jpg

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/son-of-koh-tao-island-chief-denies-any-role-in-britons-murder.html

Mr. Warot’s lawyer, Attakorn Onart, presented reporters with a still photograph from CCTV footage that showed Mr. Warot at his university and residence in Bangkok on 13-15 September.

Surprised the press would ignore any inconsistencies with the videos given they are getting a ton of viewers keeping doubts going in the case

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed.

Posts in violation of the below have been removed as well:

5) You will not use Thaivisa as a platform to gather support to effect changes on religious, political, or governmental issues.