Lexus Is250 Vs Bmw 325i

3 series is the poor mans bimmer. A 5 or 7 its worth it, but I have a new GS stateside and love the car more than a bimmer drove both. rides nicer and get more for the dollar.

In thailand the bimmer will resale better I would gather. anywhere else I would buy the lexus

people buy cars for a variety of reasons , few of them logical or sensible.

the current bmw range looks classless and ugly , for that kind of money a car should stand out.

they do drive well , but then so does every other car doing the 100kph crawl that is fast becoming the norm for roads all over thailand. how many owners ( anywhere in the world) even come near to using the maximum potential of these cars.

the differences in performance , braking , acceleration and cornering ability between bms and lexus are unoticeable to most drivers.

after having bm 3's and 5's in the uk , i would never have a bm again . dealer attitude , servicing costs and unreliability being the main reasons. when paying that sort of money for a car you kind of have very high expectations , and when those expectations are not met , the ownership experience suffers a lot.

the chances of bodywork damage here are very high from motorcycles and sloppy parking and there would be the constant worry of getting the thing scraped and scratched. with a cheaper machine there is less to worry about.

if i had to choose between a bm and a lexus in thailand , i would have a lexus for the reliability alone.

but for the road conditions here a tough suv or truck with a high seating position and 4wd would be a more practical choice.

a new model land rover discovery fits the bill nicely , or for less money , a fortuner.

people buy cars for a variety of reasons , few of them logical or sensible.

the current bmw range looks classless and ugly , for that kind of money a car should stand out.

they do drive well , but then so does every other car doing the 100kph crawl that is fast becoming the norm for roads all over thailand. how many owners ( anywhere in the world) even come near to using the maximum potential of these cars.

the differences in performance , braking , acceleration and cornering ability between bms and lexus are unoticeable to most drivers.

after having bm 3's and 5's in the uk , i would never have a bm again . dealer attitude , servicing costs and unreliability being the main reasons. when paying that sort of money for a car you kind of have very high expectations , and when those expectations are not met , the ownership experience suffers a lot.

the chances of bodywork damage here are very high from motorcycles and sloppy parking and there would be the constant worry of getting the thing scraped and scratched. with a cheaper machine there is less to worry about.

if i had to choose between a bm and a lexus in thailand , i would have a lexus for the reliability alone.

but for the road conditions here a tough suv or truck with a high seating position and 4wd would be a more practical choice.

a new model land rover discovery fits the bill nicely , or for less money , a fortuner.

agreed and the parts are cheaper and easier to get......

I drive a 325i here in Thailand and apart from the outrageous prices, it's the perfect place to own a car with a bit of bite. Thailand is one of the few countries in the world where I can really drive it to it's full capasity! Most other countries I would be behind bars already! I'm not encuraging everyone to drive like mad men, but I do alot of driving between north/south and it's nice to be able to "enjoy" what's under your hood every once in a while...

Where in UK/states are you going to see what your car is made of?!

I really don't see the point in having a fast car anywhere else than Thailand.

Besides, it's not only the speed of the BM I enjoy, it's also the stability and safety!

And If I can afford it, why not?!

The people calling it stupid to buy a BMW in Thailand, simply can't afford one.

I must admit that is also true. If you can afford it, why not? And speed limits are not so much an issue of legality but determined by traffic and road conditions.

I have no objections to 325 looks, but others find it not very attractive. Still Lexus looks a big improvement in design over 3 series and it surely stands out of the crowd.

Thailand is one of the few countries in the world where I can really drive it to it's full capasity!

you must be crazy !

with the state of the roads here (uneven camber , potholes , loose surfaces , oil spillage) and the constant surprises one gets here from pedestrians , dogs , road works , motorcyclists and other road users making sudden changes of speed , lane , direction and anything else they can do on the spur of the moment and with the ever present hazard of the u-turn maniacs on the highways here i would say thailand is the last place on earth to drive like that.

take your bm back to its home in germany with no speed restrictions for your fun.

BMW Site shows the 325i starting at 3.3 million

That's new M3 territory in the UK! Hilarious!

I've argued before with Plus about BMWs Vs Pickups.

Pickups are powerful and torquey but short geared and skittish at high speeds.

I have a modded Vigo pumping out about 245Bhp and I get a lot of turbo lag. There's no way I could keep up with even a stock 325i off the mark because of the gear ratio and rev limit. The BM will rev easy to 3,000RPM more than me and if I go over 5,000 odd RPM I've blown the engine. Unless we're on a motorway at high speed where my turbo might get the better of the beemer I'd concede defeat. We'd probably be equal on top speed but the pickup is way more jittery and skittish.

Take it to a winding road then handling comes into play and the beemer should have me for toast.

Stock Diesel 3.0L pickups have absolutely nae chance against a 325i.

My old fogey Dad's 318i compact in the UK felt as quick as my pickup when it was stock!

I'll take an M3 or M5 (now with V10 power!!!) over a Evo or Scoob rice cooker four pot with turbo any day.

Just different class (not that there's anything wrong with the Evo or Subaru).

Im interested how you got 245 bhp out of the vigo ? i had an evo 5 in the uk ,.on the roads in the westcountry nothing would get past it and put a wet road into the equation and there was no contest, giant killer indeed,i also had an m5, great car, tricky in the wet though like a lot of big horse cars,.

Its all relevant to what money you have, if someone is looking at these 2 cars you can asume he is not a peasant and already has nice house and dosent want a condo and a jazz !..ive has this all my life, "why are you driving a jenson interceptor when an austin A40 is better on fuel ".Thrifty words spoken by a man that took his fortune to the grave,.my answer to the question though, if you keep a car 3 years and the warranty applies get the bmw, if you intend to keep it a long time get the lexus,

Thailand is one of the few countries in the world where I can really drive it to it's full capasity!

you must be crazy !

with the state of the roads here (uneven camber , potholes , loose surfaces , oil spillage) and the constant surprises one gets here from pedestrians , dogs , road works , motorcyclists and other road users making sudden changes of speed , lane , direction and anything else they can do on the spur of the moment and with the ever present hazard of the u-turn maniacs on the highways here i would say thailand is the last place on earth to drive like that.

take your bm back to its home in germany with no speed restrictions for your fun.

Huh? Where do you drive in Thailand? Most roads that I drive are great. But maybe, as I have been here for over 12 years, I have got used to Thai drivers and their roads.

I drive a 325i here in Thailand and apart from the outrageous prices, it's the perfect place to own a car with a bit of bite. Thailand is one of the few countries in the world where I can really drive it to it's full capasity! Most other countries I would be behind bars already! I'm not encuraging everyone to drive like mad men, but I do alot of driving between north/south and it's nice to be able to "enjoy" what's under your hood every once in a while...

Where in UK/states are you going to see what your car is made of?!

I really don't see the point in having a fast car anywhere else than Thailand.

Besides, it's not only the speed of the BM I enjoy, it's also the stability and safety!

And If I can afford it, why not?!

The people calling it stupid to buy a BMW in Thailand, simply can't afford one.

Yeah, I agree! Myself drive a 5 series. Every morning a smile on my face when starting it up. Also to others who claim that service is expensive: Its very cheap in Thailand to service your bmw. Well, not cheap cheap, but not much more that a toyota. Plus with BMW you have the 5 year service and warrantee pack (or 100000km)