small warts

h90

I had maybe one small wart under my armpit but I shave there sometimes. Now I have many.

They are very small and no problem, but it doesn't look nice.

How to kill them off? Hospital can burn them all off at once? Or some chemical that kills them? Or better to live with them?

Whenever I shave there I of course cut them a bit....

Not really a life or death situation but if it is easy I want to get rid of them.....

Easy to be facetious on this one but I wont, although I was wondering about the 'not looking nice' and who sees them.

OK for real, I have had warts in one place or another for most of my life.

In my teenage years I had large warts on my finger knuckles and went to a doctor who froze them off with liquid nitrogen (from memory) this also burned surrounding flesh and was painful, I still have the scars.

It made me realize however that warts themselves have no nerves so when they came back I tried a do it myself method.

I heated the tip of a welding rod and put the red hot tip on the wart, no pain until the heat had gone through the wart, as soon as I felt pain I removed the rod. The wart dropped off in about 2 days and left no scar, no surrounding tissue damage.

I have never had big warts come back since but do get small ones occasionally, have a small one on my heel at present but no problem so it stays.

As warts have no blood supply and as I said no nerves you can cut the top of them but they will grow back.

If they are not giving you any real trouble and are small probably best to leave them.

There was also some other stuff to put on them that I was given to try at one stage, black from memory, which burned them but wasn't a great success.

You mentioned under the arm pits so was wondering if it may not be skin tags instead. If warts, they can be contagious and spread so may be best to remove. Skin tags are harmless. I've had skin tags under my arm pits and a couple of other places and sometimes they cryo freeze, sometimes cauterize (burn) it and sometimes they surgically remove it after anesthesia.

I've had one wart in my life on my finger tip. The doctor used liquid nitrogen to remove it but apparently not enough as several weeks later it came back. Working at a physics lab with lots of liquid nitrogen, I did the exact same thing he did, cue tip dipped in the LN2 and held it in place a bit longer then he did. Never came back. biggrin.png

For warts, I understand there is something you can buy to remove them such as salicylic acid or cantharidin.

https://www.aad.org/dermatology-a-to-z/diseases-and-treatments/u---w/warts/diganosis-treatment

I got mine removed at Bumrungrad skin clinic using laser (on scalp and armpit). Quick and painless. The Doc there told me they are caused by a virus and will spread if not removed

how much was it?

You mentioned under the arm pits so was wondering if it may not be skin tags instead. If warts, they can be contagious and spread so may be best to remove. Skin tags are harmless. I've had skin tags under my arm pits and a couple of other places and sometimes they cryo freeze, sometimes cauterize (burn) it and sometimes they surgically remove it after anesthesia.

I've had one wart in my life on my finger tip. The doctor used liquid nitrogen to remove it but apparently not enough as several weeks later it came back. Working at a physics lab with lots of liquid nitrogen, I did the exact same thing he did, cue tip dipped in the LN2 and held it in place a bit longer then he did. Never came back. biggrin.png

For warts, I understand there is something you can buy to remove them such as salicylic acid or cantharidin.

https://www.aad.org/dermatology-a-to-z/diseases-and-treatments/u---w/warts/diganosis-treatment

No real warts.....but they are small. Is liquid Nitrogen easy to get in Bangkok? I don't think for the warts. But I needed cryocutting once and didn't know where to get the N2.

(Cutting a very soft rubber in a complex shape by a cnc lathe. So you must freeze it that it gets hard and stable enough).

I am a former lab rat so I know how to handle it without freezing my fingers off......

Thanks for the information about the warts....

If a doctor removes them through cryo freezing they don't go the cue tip/dewer route now but have cans of liquid nitrogen in the dermatology departments that is highly directional and does a good job. But they may use laser or excision depending on how deep the roots are. At least in Chiang Mai it cost about 1000 Baht to remove multiple moles either by freezing or laser depending on how big so would think the same for warts.

Liquid Nitrogen is not common treatment here so may involve more expensive hospital visit (and even the more expensive places may not have) if you insist on that method. But for non-cancer treatment laser should be fine for small warts. I had about 100 removed from back in one session (do not recommend as several hours required was just too long for numbing cream to keep pain low) - do not recall price but it is much less for many in a cost per unit basis. Have not had any return (this was about 5 years ago).

I got mine removed at Bumrungrad skin clinic using laser (on scalp and armpit). Quick and painless. The Doc there told me they are caused by a virus and will spread if not removed

how much was it?

About 7k to 18k depending on the quantity. I'm sure you can get it cheaper than Bumrungrad though.

Laser is really not that expensive when there are many to do. But my cost may be swayed by having to get the liquid nitrogen treatment at Bumrungrad as was not available at Latphao General. Also had some visits where the nitrogen pump/sprayer did not seem to be working properly so was not impressed.

What is the difference and how do you determine between a wart, skin tag (what are they?) benign cancer, and malignant cancer?

(Am i missing anything else?)

I know not an easy or simple question to answer but important for many people.

Edited by infinity11