25-year-old Malaysian woman flees to marry IS militant

webfact

25-year-old M'sian woman flees to marry IS militant
The Star

MALAYSIA: -- She met him on social media in September. Just weeks later, the 25-year-old religious activist was off to Turkey to marry the Islamic State (IS) militant.

The woman’s 56-year-old father has lodged a police report, saying that he had found pictures and postings of weapons, militant gear and activities relating to terrorism in his daughter’s laptop.

The father claimed that his daughter went missing on Sept 29 after getting to know the man, who is from Johor.

A relative of the activist said the couple got acquainted through social media sometime in September.

The woman told her parents that she wanted to marry the man in Turkey.

The father lodged a report on Sept 30 when his daughter told him that she wanted to leave for Turkey and that the man had deposited 6,000 ringgit (US$1,833) into her account for the flight to Istanbul.

She had told the family that the flight was on Oct 8 and the man was to have met the bride’s family in Seremban before their flight.

However, both failed to show up on Oct 2 as promised.

The father then lodged the second police report on Oct 2.

The relative said the activist’s behaviour changed dramatically after she joined a Kuala Lumpur-based religious NGO last year.

She started wearing the niqab and kept to herself, he said.

The relative said she also spent most of her time on the internet.

Recently, the father found photographs and postings related to militant activities and how to handle firearms in the daughter’s laptop, he said.

A police source said this was probably the first police report made by a family member relating to their child joining such militant groups in the Middle East.

On Oct 14, women, family and community development minister Rohani Abdul Karim said no report had been received from family members about female relatives travelling to the Middle East as “comfort women” for IS.

Source: http://www.asianewsnet.net/news-66584.html

ann.jpg
-- ANN 2014-10-28

She's 25, a fully independent adult. It is hardly "fleeing".

If Malaysia has laws regarding citizens going abroad to fight in foreign battles, that is the only thing the police should be informed about.

The story is on-agenda.

Edited by Seastallion
  • Like 2

Let them all go, whether it's to fight or marry a fighter. Just don't let them return.

I have been saying this all along. Let them go, and if they survive, don't let them back.

However, we have here a legal issue. To date, all Western domestic legal action seems to concentrate (understandably) on fighters. The West needs to get moving on non-combatant supporters.

Let them all go, whether it's to fight or marry a fighter. Just don't let them return.

This was subject of news today in Australia and apparently it is a violation of human rights if a woman is prevented from marrying who she wishes and going to join him wherever he maybe. They also say it is a violation of human rights to stop anyone from travelling to any place ISIS maybe. It is also claimed to be a violation human rights if countries prevent them from returning home. I think Human Rights clubs need to stop being so politically correct and wake up and smell the roses.
  • Like 2

This was subject of news today in Australia and apparently it is a violation of human rights if a woman is prevented from marrying who she wishes and going to join him wherever he maybe. They also say it is a violation of human rights to stop anyone from travelling to any place ISIS maybe. It is also claimed to be a violation human rights if countries prevent them from returning home. I think Human Rights clubs need to stop being so politically correct and wake up and smell the roses.

Isn't forcing someone to smell the roses a human rights abuse? :P

They need to grow a set, the doo gooders, no doubt about that.

Good luck for this young foolish child.....she's probably fallen prey to these animals and will be consummating her marriage to an enitire pack of them before she even realises it. She can hardly be the sharpest tool in the shed, falling in love online to a barbarian, killer, terrorist scum. Darwinist finalist for sure.

• Like 2

Grime choice of men in MY apparently. Maybe she will meet the same fate as a similar case of a young woman from Sydney who did the same thing. Two days into her "IS Romance" she was summarily executed out the front of her lodgings. Religion seems to have an amazing impact on some people doesn't it?

I wouldn't worry about their rights once they have joined up with ISIS. If they try to come home, detain them, remove their identifying documentation, then send them back to Iraq and hand them over to the govt. All done secretly of course.

Smell the blood ya mean? I'm all for protecting the rights of humans. I mean real humans. Not IS/ISIL/ISIS sub-species. You can put rapists-cum-murderers in that category too, I guess.