Rayong police say heated argument may be murder motive

webfact

Rayong police say heated argument may be murder motive

28-10-2557-15-30-08-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Rayong police now suspected a verbal dispute might be a cause of the shooting of a local politician Wisanu Ketsuriya on October 25.

Wisanu, a Rayong provincial councilor and also a close aide to former Democrat party MP Sathit Pitudecha, was shot three times on the chest, three on the side, and three on the hip.

His son earlier told the police his father used to complain about politics after he was summoned to report to the National Council for Peace and Order when he used to take part in anti-government rallies held by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

But after examining video footages from CCTV cameras, the police suspected two cars which appeared in the tapes might be involved.

Police said the victim had a drink at a pub and left with a foreign drunken friend.

But as he drove his drunken friend to his place, he refused to enter,forcing him to drive the friend back to the pub again.

While leaving the pub, his drunken friend threw a beer can out hitting a passing vehicle.

Police said this might be a cause of the shooting.

He was shot three times on the chest, three on the side, and three on the hip at close range but no spent cases were found at the scene.

The multiple shootings might be from heated argument, police said.

A 11 mm pistol with two bullets in the magazine was found by his side, police said.

However his family did not believe the police’s theory.

Police said investigation revealed the two cars in the video footages were engaged in drug trafficking.

They are seeking warrant for the arrest of the suspects from the court.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/rayong-police-say-heated-argument-may-murder-motive/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-28

farangs throwing beer cans(which would be empty because they are all p"ss heads) is now going to become the biggest reason for unexplained deaths in Thailand after this after all, thais are not violent peopleblink.png

• Like 2

farangs throwing beer cans(which would be empty because they are all p"ss heads) is now going to become the biggest reason for unexplained deaths in Thailand after this after all, thais are not violent peopleblink.png

Maybe the farang was called Shaun? We'll never know. :(

While leaving the pub, his drunken friend threw a beer can out hitting a passing vehicle.

Got to lay blame at the foreigner somehow!

Maybe, but the OP does not mention the race of the 'foreigner', so let's not auto-assume it refers to caucasian. Could be Cambodian, or from anywhere, and if drugs were involved then more likely the latter. Laying blame on a Myanmar foreigner may be more appropriate, under the circumstances??

Unless I am gravely mistaken..... this is Somchai Holmes at his finest....

Review of video indicates the two cars involved in drugs?????

There must be more to the story.

I don't think you're mistaken..........another fine RTP exmple of their investigation methods............

Got to lay blame at the foreigner somehow!

Maybe, but the OP does not mention the race of the 'foreigner', so let's not auto-assume it refers to caucasian. Could be Cambodian, or from anywhere, and if drugs were involved then more likely the latter. Laying blame on a Myanmar foreigner may be more appropriate, under the circumstances??

Myanmar nationals drink wine!!whistling.gif

• Like 1

"While leaving the pub, his drunken friend threw a beer can out hitting a passing vehicle.

Police said this might be a cause of the shooting."

​If this was the cause of the shooting, which I doubt, then why was it not the drunken friend {and foreign, for goodness sake, is there no evil these people will not perpetrate} who was shot?

Because the drunken friend was not in the car at the time!

As usual a journalistic masterpiece, but read about the case in BP, and the shooting took place after he had returned the pesky foreigner to the pub.

Wonder why the victim, this outstanding citizen, drove a car without registration plates??

Allow me the next comment, knowing a thing or two about firearms and the use of these: don't know about the true reasons, but when the bits we are told are correct, the murderer seems to be a damn good shooter to me... and 'bursts' of three shots are typical modus operandi for 'hitmen', so this seems to be the work of a professional killer..., odd this time there's nothing about the caliber of the bullets in the body of the victim, nor about spent cases retrieved at the scene (when only one gun and shooter, then a semi-automatic pistol was used, revolvers, except some in small .22LR, don't have a capacity of 9 or more rounds, or the shooter even had time to reload, but then again, where are the empty cases, as it is hard to believe there was time to 'clean up' the scene). My feeling is that the BiBs are not taking a very good start with this investigation, as if they have already decided what it'd had to be, with that 'foreigner', alcohol, hot tempered driver stuff, I just hope they DON'T have the, too usual, 'good reasons'(NOT!) to press on in that single direction, but it certainly looks like it to me... Is it only me having the impression many/most RTP 'investigations' start from the end, in reverse, from what the conclusions must be, and, more so, what they should not, can not, must not be, with as big question then: at which level of the chain of command is such a decision made...?

• Like 2

Seems totally plausible to me.

In my limited time here I have seen the thai temper and it takes far less than a thrown beercan scratching up an expensive vehicle to result in an explosive, disproportionate response.

And the part about the drunk foreign friend. Would they have indicated farang if the friend had been farang or would foreign include Asian AND farang?

Thanks

Allow me the next comment, knowing a thing or two about firearms and the use of these: don't know about the true reasons, but when the bits we are told are correct, the murderer seems to be a damn good shooter to me... and 'bursts' of three shots are typical modus operandi for 'hitmen', so this seems to be the work of a professional killer..., odd this time there's nothing about the caliber of the bullets in the body of the victim, nor about spent cases retrieved at the scene (when only one gun and shooter, then a semi-automatic pistol was used, revolvers, except some in small .22LR, don't have a capacity of 9 or more rounds, or the shooter even had time to reload, but then again, where are the empty cases, as it is hard to believe there was time to 'clean up' the scene). My feeling is that the BiBs are not taking a very good start with this investigation, as if they have already decided what it'd had to be, with that 'foreigner', alcohol, hot tempered driver stuff, I just hope they DON'T have the, too usual, 'good reasons'(NOT!) to press on in that single direction, but it certainly looks like it to me... Is it only me having the impression many/most RTP 'investigations' start from the end, in reverse, from what the conclusions must be, and, more so, what they should not, can not, must not be, with as big question then: at which level of the chain of command is such a decision made...?

Your first mistake is taking the details of this news report verbatim ;-)

Tomorrow it could come out that there were three entry wounds.

Have you been reading alot of Tom Clancy? Your professional hit theory based on an alleged three shot burst made me chuckle.

No spent casings could be the result of a revolver or the result of the firearm fired inside the vehicle.

No spent casings but the victims own 11mm had only two rounds in the magazine.

Does this mean he never fired any rounds? Does it mean he only carries a couple rounds of ammo? Does it mean he had pad thai for dinner? It could mean all of these or none of these and tomorrow it could all be retracted.

I am relieved to be going home soon. Atleast back home the gun violence is a bit more straight forward. Its either gangbangers killing gangbangers. Or its schoolchildren killing schoolchildren or its a disgruntled employee. Or its....

A good post....however, the BiB don't like cases that are not straight forward......they don't like complicated stuff that makes them have to decide a case, or investigate at a level they don't understand..............so...simpleton stuff takes precedence

"While leaving the pub, his drunken friend threw a beer can out hitting a passing vehicle.

Police said this might be a cause of the shooting."

​If this was the cause of the shooting, which I doubt, then why was it not the drunken friend {and foreign, for goodness sake, is there no evil these people will not perpetrate} who was shot?

Because the drunken friend was not in the car at the time!

As usual a journalistic masterpiece, but read about the case in BP, and the shooting took place after he had returned the pesky foreigner to the pub.

Wonder why the victim, this outstanding citizen, drove a car without registration plates??

Neither was this evil foreigner when he threw the can. So how would anyone associate him with the car of the shooting victim? Edited by Bluespunk

Your first mistake is taking the details of this news report verbatim ;-)

Tomorrow it could come out that there were three entry wounds.

Have you been reading alot of Tom Clancy? Your professional hit theory based on an alleged three shot burst made me chuckle.

No spent casings could be the result of a revolver or the result of the firearm fired inside the vehicle.

No spent casings but the victims own 11mm had only two rounds in the magazine.

Does this mean he never fired any rounds? Does it mean he only carries a couple rounds of ammo? Does it mean he had pad thai for dinner? It could mean all of these or none of these and tomorrow it could all be retracted.

I am relieved to be going home soon. Atleast back home the gun violence is a bit more straight forward. Its either gangbangers killing gangbangers. Or its schoolchildren killing schoolchildren or its a disgruntled employee. Or its....

So good to meet someone here as well informed about guns, criminals and the Thai way as you are, a pity you are leaving, let me wish you a good trip home, and wish for your compatriots' safety that you are not involved with law enforcement in you home country.

• Like 2

Standard Operating Procedure for the RTP. Throw out some possible theories, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever, to see if one is popular and then, build the evidence to support that theory. I get the impression that nearly every case is a 'frame-up' to get the case closed so they can go back to making money on their private schemes. All my policeman friends are 'business first and police work second'. Therefore, police work is a distraction from business.

• Like 1

I actually believe the story , when you think about all the crazy dopeheads out there , a beer can could be enough for one of them to fire the gun .

You might be right. An empty water cup thrown at a taxi driver was enough for a resident farang to be murdered by a sword-wielding taxi driver last year.

• Like 2

Don’t stress the investigators …

He was shot three times on the chest, three on the side, and three on the hip at close range but no spent cases were found at the scene. ... A 11 mm pistol with two bullets in the magazine was found by his side, police said.

Anyone think this might be another suicide?