Civil Volunteer Attacked By Pattaya Police

Rimmer

Civil Volunteer Attacked By Pattaya Police

002.jpg
A civil volunteer who beeped his horn at a car was then attacked by the driver and 10 other police officers in an unprovoked attack .

PATTAYA – October 27, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 01.00 am eporters were notified from Sawang Borriboon rescue team that Mr.Somnuk Saeaiew who was a civil volunteer was attacked and injured by police. He was beaten in forehead, cheek, right shoulder, back and stomach.

Upon questioning Mr.Somnuek he said that had sent an injured man to hospital and he was on the way back home. Later a jeep tried to cut him up so he beep his horn and the jeep stopped a man then got out and shouted at him.

Later he stopped at a crossroad when the jeep pulled across in front of him. The man got out of the jeep walked over and told him that he was a police officer. He then knocked Mr.Somnuek down on the ground before about 10 police arrived at the scene.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/civil-volunteer-attacked-pattaya-police/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-10-28

Just the usual behaviour of our glorious police officers.......nothing new here.

What I didn't understand is why did he bother to meet Pol.Col.Thammanoon Munkong-superintendent of Bang Lamung police station- in order to appeal for justice.

What justice is he expecting to get from them?

If you ask me........I've read a lot about police procedures and justice attributed by them in the past.

Dudes looking well after a 11:1 beating

What they hit him with? ear buds?

Funny. Was thinking the same thing but the earbuds was a good angle.

The thread will attract every cop hater out of the woodwork and yet this story has obviously been written by someone whose first language is definitely not English.

Could it have happened? Sure.

Could it have happened differently? Sure.

Will any of us know the truth? No.

Do the bruises, or lack thereof, support the story he was assaulted by numerous aggressors? No.

• Like 1

I am not a cop-hater. I would just like them to do their job of protecting the public from undesirables. This story - from a reputable news source - merely confirms why the the Thai police are held in such low regard around the world but particularly locally.

Just the usual behaviour of our glorious police officers.......nothing new here.

What I didn't understand is why did he bother to meet Pol.Col.Thammanoon Munkong-superintendent of Bang Lamung police station- in order to appeal for justice.

What justice is he expecting to get from them?

If you ask me........I've read a lot about police procedures and justice attributed by them in the past.

"Just the usual behaviour of our glorious police officers.......nothing new here."

Really? In that case you will be able to quote a similar example, won't you?

• Like 1

I am not a cop-hater. I would just like them to do their job of protecting the public from undesirables. This story - from a reputable news source - merely confirms why the the Thai police are held in such low regard around the world but particularly locally.

Had my wallet lifted in Guilin and the investigating cop was more interested in filling me in on his 'real' job when I told him I worked in IT than filling out the police report. Seems he just did police work at night to make a few bucks - when i asked him about the theft he just shrugged and said 'Terrorists'. Crackerjack police work, that ;)

What's Guilin in China got to do with Pattaya in Thailand? Crackerjack policing? Was it Friday at 5 o'clock and did you get a pencil?

Most of "MrWorldwide" posts, have nothing to do with Pattaya or Thailland. He will chime in to all negative posts and try to justify the crime.. His classic line is "its the same in Australia"

• Like 1