Bring your Wife and Kids to Pattaya?

flyingsaucersarereal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't brought myself there although the sights might be interesting/tempting.....a 6 foot 200 pound healthy 13 year old might find the sights and draw/curiousity stimulating......any normal 13 to 14 to15 y/o (depending on actual age of arrival) normally would......hormone time + easy access + invitations + possible "peer" experience/suggestions/temptations.....

There's some working girls his age in the area.....

Don't think I'd walk my healthy/naive 14 y/o daughter around there and/or giver her a phone number to a "trusted" bar friend whie being in the area for a year or so....

8.3 million tourists visited Pattaya last year. I visited Pattaya 20 times last year to eat pizza and drink beer. Great Pizza and Wheat beer freshly made. Does that make me a pervert? No. I think it makes people perverts who think the people who go to Pattaya are all perverts.

Who thinks of dens of inequity all the time? I don't. I'm a normal guy with satisfied healthy urges. How many men who live in Thailand are not satisfied? Now an unsatisfied man in Thailand that would be a really weird guy. Pattaya has great beer and pizza and not bad chocolates.

What does a man want out of life? Beer, pizza, chocolates and women from Pattaya. Are there better beers, chocolates and pizza in Bangkok? Yes and good cognac and Cuban cigars too. But there is a price differential.

Is there better beer, pizza, chocolates and women in NYC? Yup there is. But for the price some pay for one night at Scores and dinner and chocolates afterwards I can live for 3 years in Pattaya. That old cost differential again.

Why on earth would 8.3 million people visit Pattaya? Just my opinion now, it's because you can have 1095 days and nights of fun for what one night of fun would cost you in NYC, Tokyo or other equivalent cities. Your mileage may vary. I'd leave the kids home though.

I'd hate to have the kids know how many friends I have in Pattaya and walking down the street with all the people waving and saying hello to me would blow my cover. And they might not invite me over for the holidays.

Edited by thailiketoo

Maybe People do not know that Pattaya is full of sex Tourists. Thailand tends to hide this. If people who are morally upstanding would never think to look before Buying a holiday there.

A quick google search would confirm that Pattaya is a den of sex pests and crime, glad I never went to the black hole.

Perhaps you should visit, save making yourself look foolish with statements like that.

I've visited Pattaya. What a horrible den of iniquity it is!

My son is now 18, and I guess I would only take him there to show him how seedy and how scungy people can be.

And i am sure you would be the perfect guide.

I also failed to mention that he's not your typical 13 year old. He's six feet tall and weighs 220. We're not talking about a little kid here.

A big boy at 13 may just surprise all of you and learn to find his own way around Pattaya.

At 13 I was sneaking down to Tijuana from California,

but not with my Father.

I learned a thing or two down there.

Almost 50 years later....

I am glad I did!

I guess I'm a horrible parent. whistling.gif

I'm bringing my son (13 years old) to Pattaya in January. We'll be living there for at least a year while my husband works in another part of that hemisphere. Will we be traipsing down Walking Street? No. We'll be up in Naklua or down in Jomtien for the most part. But I do have a good friend that owns a bar on Soi 6 and I'll make sure that my son knows how to find a motorcycle taxi that will take him there should he ever be separated from me.

I can't hide every seedy aspect of Pattaya from him and he's old enough to know what a girl in a short, short skirt and stripper heels probably is, but that doesn't mean we'll be hanging out in that end of town.

Contrary to popular belief, that's not all there is to see in Pattaya.

The only difference between Pattaya and Jomtiem is the 'girls' are 20 years older.

I'm bringing my son (13 years old) to Pattaya in January. We'll be living there for at least a year while my husband works in another part of that hemisphere. Will we be traipsing down Walking Street? No. We'll be up in Naklua or down in Jomtien for the most part. But I do have a good friend that owns a bar on Soi 6 and I'll make sure that my son knows how to find a motorcycle taxi that will take him there should he ever be separated from me.

I can't hide every seedy aspect of Pattaya from him and he's old enough to know what a girl in a short, short skirt and stripper heels probably is, but that doesn't mean we'll be hanging out in that end of town.

We never went down Walking Street when we went on our family holiday to Pattaya; there were loads of streets we never went down. Even when my wife went on her own with the kids to Pattaya, I don't think they went to Walking Street.

I don't think I would recommend Pattaya as a resort, though, except to sex tourists, and people wanting a quick weekend at the seaside who live in the East side of Bangkok - but maybe Samutprakarn would be a better option.

SC

I take my wife and daughter to patts every year. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldnt bring her near soi 6 but would walking st. And whats wrong with kao san rd ? All you pattaya haters can just stay at home if you dont like it. Interesting to know where you guys all met your wifes hahaaa go on tell me....sad people you are

I take my wife and daughter to patts every year. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldnt bring her near soi 6 but would walking st. And whats wrong with kao san rd ? All you pattaya haters can just stay at home if you dont like it. Interesting to know where you guys all met your wifes hahaaa go on tell me....sad people you are

Coventry.

Oh great, a Pattaya bashing topic. How long has it been since we had one of those.. time flies. ;)

What kind of horrible parents bring there kids to Pattaya especially in these areas?

I do. But not to those areas. You need to know where (not) to go, and having a car helps a lot.

It really makes a lot of sense for an easy and affordable weekend trip from Bangkok.

• Like 1

Oh great, a Pattaya bashing topic. How long has it been since we had one of those.. time flies. wink.png

What kind of horrible parents bring there kids to Pattaya especially in these areas?

I do. But not to those areas. You need to know where (not) to go, and having a car helps a lot.

It really makes a lot of sense for an easy and affordable weekend trip from Bangkok.

Cha am is nearer than Pattaya, thats all Thai.

Not just kids. I have seen muslim women in full veils on walking street and soi 6.whistling.gif

My daughter worked for a while in an upmarket London lingerie shop. She tells me her eyes were wide open at what was being worn under some of those veils.smile.png

Nong Nooch is GREAT

Not just kids. I have seen muslim women in full veils on walking street and soi 6.whistling.gif

My daughter worked for a while in an upmarket London lingerie shop. She tells me her eyes were wide open at what was being worn under some of those veils.smile.png

Me and my mate had 3 on Sukhumvit shouting 'prices' at us.

It just feels wrong to expose a child to that environment. Especially that street it is probably the worst in all of Pattaya.

I don't disagree that it's not ideal. And again, I hope he never needs to go there. But, when we first get there, I'm going with the people that I already know and trust. That bar owner just happens to be one of them. There are others as well and they are not on Soi 6, so no worries. That won't be his only place to go.

I'm not going to stick blinders on him and make him think we're living in Disneyland. That's naive and dangerous in my opinion. I'm certainly not going to shove it in his face, but when he asks questions (and he will) I'll tell him the truth and explain why that side of the culture exists and why it's an adults only industry. I'd rather arm him with information than shove it under the rug and pretend it's not there.

I feel that you're being a responsible parent, by not raising him in total-ignorance of the way the world sometime is. thumbsup.gif

In a similar vein, both my own kids are aware of what alcohol is, its effect and the risks involved, I'd rather introduce them to that personally than rely on friends' gossip to educate them !

Then when I warn them against smoking, or hard drugs, they're more likely to listen to me & avoid them.

No doubt the wowsers would disagree, that's their right, but one reason I left farangland was to get away from attitudes like theirs. Big Brother doesn't know best !

I'd be sorry to see Thailand become as politically-correct as the U.K., parents as adults do have the right to choose how to raise their children, or don't they ? wink.png

Just my own two-pennyworth ! wai2.gif

• Like 1

I brought my wife and our son to Pattaya for 10 days recently. There are so many things for kids to do there. Its fantastic and he loved it! I would suggest that there are possibly as many families from Thailand and abroad that visit Pattaya as sex tourists. Going for a walk down walking street is fun if your child is very young as they will like the attention they get and the bright lights. We even bought some cool toys for him there. He did ask me why all the women were only wearing their underpants??? I muttered 'I don't know' and distracted him with the sight of a 'moo bing' stall...

Pattaya is a big and diverse town so please dont generalise too much!! Try to be open minded...Or lock yourself away from the world and have a miserable life!!!

Maybe People do not know that Pattaya is full of sex Tourists. Thailand tends to hide this. If people who are morally upstanding would never think to look before Buying a holiday there.

A quick google search would confirm that Pattaya is a den of sex pests and crime, glad I never went to the black hole.

Perhaps you should visit, save making yourself look foolish with statements like that.

I've visited Pattaya. What a horrible den of iniquity it is!

My son is now 18, and I guess I would only take him there to show him how seedy and how scungy people can be.

Pattaya is not just about the seedy walking streets. Loads of beaches, food, Koh Larn, Tourist attractions and great golf too!!

• Like 2

Mother of the year I say!

Every 13yo boys dream to get taken by their parents to Pattaya.

Why not ? Most of the comments appear to come from the self righteous hypocrites that proliferate on this forum.

I have heard of many that bring their wives and kids to Pattaya almost all of the time. Their 2 girls both work in a GOGO in WS, their Mother works in a BB in soi 8 and their elder son does tricks in a gay massage parlour - what's the problem ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not just kids. I have seen muslim women in full veils on walking street and soi 6. alt=whistling.gif>

Actually, that might have been me........................sad.png

I'm very shy.

tongue.png

• Like 1

About 16/17 years ago, I met a couple in their 30's who used to leave their children (2 & 3 year olds) in a certain bar, with the girls looking after them while they went for walk about.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of them doing that, those kids were probably the safest entities in Pattaya at that time while in the care of the girls.

Not something that I would do, and am not sure what it is like now, but it shows another side of the girls.

• Like 1

Oh great, a Pattaya bashing topic. How long has it been since we had one of those.. time flies. wink.png

Right, but my kids prefer Pattaya.

And their dad too actually.

(Also Cha Am is not nearer. Pattaya is nearer to Bangkok, though not by a significant margin. Ask Google)

Right, but my kids prefer Pattaya.

And their dad too actually.

(Also Cha Am is not nearer. Pattaya is nearer to Bangkok, though not by a significant margin. Ask Google)

It depends on where you go from if from Sahmut Sahkon then its nearer than Pattaya for Thais and cheaper.

I also failed to mention that he's not your typical 13 year old. He's six feet tall and weighs 220. We're not talking about a little kid here.

It sounds like his development has been accelerated.

His development has been accelerated since before he was born. He hit a growth spurt on day one and never slowed down. He's the only 13 year old I know with size 13.5 (US) feet. :)