Man beheads woman in New York

webfact

Man beheads woman then jumps in front of train in Long Island, New York

NEW YORK: -- A MAN has beheaded a woman then jumped in front of a moving train in New York City in an apparent murder-suicide.

A man in his 30s is believed to have cut off the head of a woman in her 60s before jumping in front of an eastbound Long Island Rail Road train on Tuesday night, NBC 4 New York reports.

Investigators believe that the woman may be the mother of the man.

Her body was found outside an apartment complex in Farmingdale, Long Island, east of Manhattan, with the head severed. Nassau County police have cordoned off a number of blocks on Secatogue Ave as they investigate the incident and multiple sheets have been placed over the body, CBS 2 reports.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/man-beheads-woman-then-jumps-in-front-of-train-in-long-island-new-york/story-fnh81jut-1227106005010

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-10-29

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's about ten minutes from where I live. The two cases have not been connected as of yet. The media is presuming it so far.

The part that gets me is that they found her body outside the apartment complex. You know more about the area than I do, but isn't this one of the more heavily populated parts of your state ?

If this does turn out to be a muslim no doubt this will get more coverage than the bi monthly school masacres and we will have the NRA remarkably mute on efforts to ban the sale of ceremonial swords. Is the latter what they call delicious irony?

• Like 2

Shocking! Appalling.

There are sickos everywhere.

Of course the media is going to jump on this and of course there will be an immediate assumption of Islamist-related bile. I suspect though that this will turn out to be simply a sick man.

What was the first thing to spring to mind for you? For me, and I am sure many others, was the question, "Was he muslim?"

No, to be perfectly honest the first thing that sprang to mind was that this will be assumed to be Islamist related by many (deleted) and that it probably isn't.

If it turns out to be not associated with Islam at all, I hope a few of the bigots will reflect on that and realise there are sickos everywhere, even (especially?) in America.

• Like 1

There are more than 15000 people killed each year in USA. More than during irak war. They are mainly Americans killing other Americans.

Didn't know that all Americans are Muslim lolllllll

America is the 3rd largest country in the world population wise, so it stands to reason the absolute numbers will be higher than most countries. And if you look at murders per 100,000 population, it's rate is very low compared to many countries. Take a look at Honduras and Venezuela.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate#By_country

• Like 2

Shocking! Appalling.

Of course the media is going to jump on this and of course there will be an immediate assumption of Islamist-related bile. I suspect though that this will turn out to be simply a sick man.

What was the first thing to spring to mind for you? For me, and I am sure many others, was the question, "Was he muslim?"

No, to be perfectly honest the first thing that sprang to mind was that this will be assumed to be Islamist related by many (deleted) and that it probably isn't.

If it turns out to be not associated with Islam at all, I hope a few of the bigots will reflect on that and realise there are sickos everywhere, even (especially?) in America.

Well, I think you will be one of the few then. For the record I have nothing against the vast majority of muslims and am friends with a few, but it does not change the fact that the first thing to spring to mind for most people, is the question "Was he muslim?". I agree with you that there are sickos everywhere of all colors, creeds and religions, but beheading does seem to be more popular with muslim sickos than, say, christian sickos or hindu sickos.

Fair enough. I take your point.

Shocking! Appalling.

Why ask?

It was the connection he made first on this thread in his own post.

The reason we all think this guy might be a Muslim? They've got quite a lot of previous. Don't blame us: Blame them.

Come on, most killings are by non Muslim Americans, don't generalize, how many previous? Tell us. Bring numbers...

Shocking! Appalling.

Well, I think you will be one of the few then. For the record I have nothing against the vast majority of muslims and am friends with a few, but it does not change the fact that the first thing to spring to mind for most people, is the question "Was he muslim?". I agree with you that there are sickos everywhere of all colors, creeds and religions, but beheading does seem to be more popular with muslim sickos than, say, christian sickos or hindu sickos.

"Well, I think you will be one of the few then. "

And I'm another one of the supposed few, though I wasn't surprised to see that was a popular belief here at TV.

If something immediately springs to mind, it probably says more about the collection of loose springs rattling around in the mind that hosted the uncoiling spring.

Some people readily "see" UFOs, ghosts, manifestations of the Blessed Virgin, Divine retribution in the aftermath of earthquakes, large rabbits, Sasquatch, and monsters under their beds etc, all of which are just over-active imaginations trying to confirm their cherished but odd beliefs & fears. That's why they invented night lights and Prozac.

• Like 1

Shocking! Appalling.

It should read was he a radicalized Muslim? as there are many Muslims out there that all this

shit is not really what turn them on.....

Shocking! Appalling.

Well excuse me for Islam-related bile but it was the first thing that came to mind when I started reading and who exactly do you blame for that?

• Like 1

Shocking! Appalling.

There was one in London recently where a mad bloke beheaded a woman. Had earlier been chopping up cats as well.

"Well, I think you will be one of the few then. "[/size]

And I'm another one of the supposed few, though I wasn't surprised to see that was a popular belief here at TV.[/size]

If something immediately springs to mind, it probably says more about the collection of loose springs rattling around in the mind that hosted the uncoiling spring. [/size]

Some people readily "see" UFOs, ghosts, manifestations of the Blessed Virgin, Divine retribution in the aftermath of earthquakes, large rabbits, Sasquatch, and monsters under their beds etc, all of which are just over-active imaginations trying to confirm their cherished but odd beliefs & fears. That's why they invented night lights and Prozac.[/size]

Who said it was a popular belief on TV. I certainly didn't. I said it was the first question to spring to mind. And why would that be? Because of the media perhaps? There seems to have been a lot of news of beheadings in the past year or so and in all cases they were by radical muslims: The attempted beheading of the off duty soldier in London, the beheadings of the journalists by the IS, the planned beheading of someone in Sydney, the beheadings of villagers of different faiths to those of the IS, etc.

Now can you tell me of one case of beheading in the last 12 months that was carried out by a non-radical muslim? I doubt it. As a result of all the media coverage, one of the first questions arising in the minds of most logical people would be "Was he a muslim?" Radical does not enter the equation either as it is taken for granted that to do such a thing they would have to be pretty bloody radical.

Edited by GarryP
  • Like 1

Shocking! Appalling.

Well what else would we think I cant remember ANY OTHER TIME someone has been beheaded that was not a muslim that did it, we seem to be having a spt of beheadings all over the world right now and ALL OF THEM SO FAR ARE BY MUSLIMS even thought the media and governments are playing down when the reality is we are under attack and people better be really vigilant n the west by anyone who looks like a muslim because the goal is obviosuly to do lone wolf attacks and there have already been multiple in the US the UK and CANADA

Shocking! Appalling.

Or was he a convert??? is he black????? or just a ny nutjob???? blink.png

Shocking! Appalling.

Ya gotta love these liberal types that have their heads in the sand even though stuff is so clearly in front of them this guy is probably like those that went to work in syria and then would wonder why they are being kidnapped and beheaded JUST NO CLUE.

• Like 1

Shocking! Appalling.

It would not be a bad assumption as I don't know many other groups that remove heads, do you. Of course this may be the exception to the rule?

The reason we all think this guy might be a Muslim? They've got quite a lot of previous. Don't blame us: Blame them.

Come on, most killings are by non Muslim Americans, don't generalize, how many previous? Tell us. Bring numbers...

I think the key word was 'beheading' in the post.