Power Buy Extended Warranty Problem

sappy

Has anybody had a problem with Power Buy extended warranty. I bought a locally made in Thailand VICTOR hot and cold water dispenser. I decided to take out the 3 year extended warranty as I know from previous experience the cooling side often needs attention.

After 6 weeks it stopped cooling. When I returned from work 3 weeks later I took it back to Power Buy on Pattaya Klang for repair. They give me a UPxxxxxxxxx number and a number to call.

After 2 weeks I called and they said it was still in Bangkok at the VICTOR factory.

After 4 weeks I called and they said it was still in Bangkok at the VICTOR factory. So I decided to go and buy a new SANDEN machine from Makro. (Seems good)

After 6 weeks I called and they said it was still in Bangkok at the VICTOR factory.

After 8 weeks (Today) I called and they said it was still in Bangkok at the VICTOR factory. However it is ready and can I collect next week.

Please can anybody tell me what the <deleted>> is wrong with these people and can I get a refund?

I had a 3 year warranty on a TV. It went tits up and they gave me a pro-rated refund. It was quite generous. Took a few months to get the money, but it was relatively painless.

Most these contracts are repair or replace at the guarantor's option. The OP's unit was repaired so terms of the contract were fulfilled.

• 2 weeks later...