Mormons finding captive audience (nice photo)

WinnieTheKhwai

Some of the missionary twinks are real hotties! wub.png

Bring some to my door, I'm tired of rice!

Few here would really know what you are implying ... rolleyes.gif

Mormons bring potatoes? Now that's new. ohmy.png

I think once the Mormons stop riding their bikes, then they becomes potatoes.

Dictionary Terms

Twink:- Young Gay man

Rice:- Gay Asian (but not exactly ... it's complicated)

Potato:- Western Gay who is soft and cuddly

Then you have Rice Queens, Potato Queens etc ... but lets not go there.

Can you be Mormon AND Gay ?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What visa are these people on??? Proselytism is very offensive and assumes people are stupid enough to listen. These people prey on Thai people because Thai people can be so nice and they also go into poorer neighborhoods as the people there are more vulnerable. They should be deported in my opinion...

I will remember this when the monks come around for food EVERY morning. Thailand is extremely welcoming of all religions, THANK BUDDAH

Mormonism is interesting to me because it's belief system is so obviously ridiculous and absurd to rational human beings. We can see that clearer because it is relatively new. (Not a bash, just do some research on the details of their beliefs. Also watch the broadway musical, The Book of Mormon.)

Older established religions belief systems may be equally ridiculous and absurd but they are well seasoned and just much less obvious to most people. Cloaked in tradition, as it were.

The fact that Mormonism IS quite a fast growing belief system shows to me there are a whole lot of not very RATIONAL people out there in the world!

Happy soul hunting!

Edited by Jingthing

Mormonism is interesting to me because it's belief system is so obviously ridiculous and absurd to rational human beings. We can see that clearer because it is relatively new. (Not a bash, just do some research on the details of their beliefs.)

Older established religions belief systems may be equally ridiculous and absurd but they are well seasoned and just much less obvious to most people. Cloaked in tradition, as it were.

The fact that Mormonism IS quite a fast growing belief system shows to me there a whole lot of not very RATIONAL people out there in the world!

Happy soul hunting!

I would also say that there are a whole lot of confused people in western countries who just want to belong... to any organization that is not obviously dysfunctional.

• Like 1

I've got no problems with Mormons. I'm polite to them as they generally get the doors slammed in their face, but their Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.

True story, in my early 20s down in oz. Saturday morning, after a big night out. I was still in bed and there as a knock on the door. I stumbled over to answer and standing there was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen in my life.

I smiled and though to myself 'what did I do right to deserve this?' She then introduced herself as JW.....and the door was soon shut on her.

Exactly how "soon" did you shut the door?

rolleyes.gif

Patrick

• Like 2

It looks there are Elders seated on either side of the young woman?

FWIW, she doesn't look embarrassed to me?

I think the LDS have a large-ish administrative facility on Petchaburi Road, a few steps from the SARL/Makassan.

They always seem pretty nice, I can usually recognize an Elder - obviously the name-tag is usually a giveaway, and chat them up just to talk about U.S. happenings - where they're from, sports, etc.

I've got no problems with Mormons. I'm polite to them as they generally get the doors slammed in their face, but their Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.

True story, in my early 20s down in oz. Saturday morning, after a big night out. I was still in bed and there as a knock on the door. I stumbled over to answer and standing there was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen in my life.

I smiled and though to myself 'what did I do right to deserve this?' She then introduced herself as JW.....and the door was soon shut on her.

Exactly how "soon" did you shut the door?

rolleyes.gif

Patrick

Quite soon after I accepted her literature for the 'watchtower' and I realised nothing missionary was going to happen that day.

There's a prominent "No Soliciting" sign on my front gate.

But that didn't stop a couple of mormons from trespassing onto my land to ask me if I have been saved.

I asked them if they saw the sign. They have the nerve to say it's different they are not soliciting by proselytizing...

So I might have to buy this sign and put it up...

tumblr_lt678tMyYv1qcbrp0o1_500%255B1%255

There really should not be a Star of David on that sign. Jews do NOT proselytize.

Or in other words people don`t mind fun being poked at any religion providing it`s not their own.

Perhaps the poster is taking precautions just in case the Jews decide to have a change in policy.

Or in other words people don`t mind fun being poked at any religion providing it`s not their own.

Perhaps the poster is taking precautions just in case the Jews decide to have a change in policy.

Just stating facts. It doesn't happen and will never happen. Yes, you CAN convert to Judaism but it is a long hard road and you have to take the initiative. Nobody is coming calling for you.

Edited by Jingthing

Did you know that in Salt Lake city you can buy a beer called " Polygamy Beer" !! God was my witness, ( Monaco Hotel SLC)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Good excuse for not going back to the right home.....honey, you know I can't stop after having just one...

Edited by slipperylobster

Just stating facts. It doesn't happen and will never happen. Yes, you CAN convert to Judaism but it is a long hard road and you have to take the initiative. Nobody is coming calling for you.

...unless you live on the West Bank.

Mormons sounds like morons. Utah and salt lake city. How are the utah jazz nowadays and also when you want to evangelize please attempt to speak properly imagine a thai person speaking broken engrish in the US.

I live in a Soi opposite one of (the one?) main Mormon Churches in Bangkok so I meet these people on a regular basis walking up and down the Soi.

The majority speak quite good Thai and many can write the language fairly well too - OK, sometimes with spelling mistakes when they have a Presentation on the Soi going to MSW which I take pleasure in pointing out, but that's just me being mean - - - - I mean helpful!!

I am British and thus frankly feel embarrassed for these youngsters who are apparently obliged to approach every stranger and ask them if they would like to attend their "church" next Sunday.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone
  • Like 1

...unless you live on the West Bank.

That was kind of cute.

I guess this is as close as it gets for Jews, but only directed at Jews ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45irK1ufcTk