ARRC 7 / 9 November C.I.C Buriram

Dutchbike

So is the official name Buriram United International Circuit, or Chang IC?

It started as BRIC ( Buriram International Circuit) and in the beginning of the build I heard they where trying to get Red Bull involved. I guess some major potential sponsors waited to see if Newin could pull it off.

A few weeks before the opening they annonced that Chang became the nr 1 Sponsor and the name changed into C.I.C

They still use both names though..a few other big sponsors are: PTT, Honda and Yamaha

Had yesterday a great day at the ARRC races in Buriram, I was lucky to get a pit pass and be close to the action. It's now official!! WSBK is coming to Buriram 20-22 March 2015

attachicon.gifIMG.pdf

Here some pics from the race and show area.

looks like a great day.

thanks for the photos and info about WSBK! i will be there for sure for WSBK. hope to catch some of the guys from TV there.

Maybe i move to Buri Rumlaugh.png as it is getting livelier there.

remember my first visit there 8 years ago, there were nothing. a lonely-old-small town in the middle of the plains but now, wow, a cool proper stadium and Thailand's only accredited race circuit and city is also looking better and bigger.

• Like 1

Had yesterday a great day at the ARRC races in Buriram, I was lucky to get a pit pass and be close to the action. It's now official!! WSBK is coming to Buriram 20-22 March 2015

attachicon.gifIMG.pdf

looks like a great day.

thanks for the photos and info about WSBK! i will be there for sure for WSBK. hope to catch some of the guys from TV there.

Maybe i move to Buri Rum:lol: as it is getting livelier there.

remember my first visit there 8 years ago, there were nothing. a lonely-old-small town in the middle of the plains but now, wow, a cool proper stadium and Thailand's only accredited race circuit and city is also looking better and bigger.

Totally agree with you LL, been living in the area ( 40 clicks from Buriram city)for over 4 years now and a lot has changed,better infrastructure, new "farang" restaurants,lots of activities, the stadium,a shooting range, and now the race track and more things to come.

Joining the WSBK calender will put Buriram's name on the agenda of many bike fans around the world.

All thanks to mr Newin, who puts his money where his mouth is.

I remember from a thread you'll be joing the pirelli track day on the 6th of December. I'll be there as well, so if I see a guy on a red cbr650 will say hello :-)

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG.pdf

looks like a great day.

Maybe i move to Buri Rum:lol: as it is getting livelier there.

Totally agree with you LL, been living in the area ( 40 clicks from Buriram city)for over 4 years now and a lot has changed,better infrastructure, new "farang" restaurants,lots of activities, the stadium,a shooting range, and now the race track and more things to come.

Joining the WSBK calender will put Buriram's name on the agenda of many bike fans around the world.

All thanks to mr Newin, who puts his money where his mouth is.

I remember from a thread you'll be joing the pirelli track day on the 6th of December. I'll be there as well, so if I see a guy on a red cbr650 will say hello :-)

Nevin really did a lot of things for buriram.

It will be goos to meet on december track day. Please say hi!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Looks like a really fun event. I'm checking out the Pirelli track day info here: http://pirelli.in.th/trackday/index_eng.html and I see they require a riding suit under Clothing Requirements at the bottom. So only full leather suit will be allowed? No jacket / pants separate combo?

properly armoured full leather two piece suits are fine.

Snell rated Helmet? Is that standard for trackdays in Thailand? I see alot of non Snell helmets in shops.

Looks like a really fun event. I'm checking out the Pirelli track day info here: http://pirelli.in.th/trackday/index_eng.html and I see they require a riding suit under Clothing Requirements at the bottom. So only full leather suit will be allowed? No jacket / pants separate combo?

Good. Time to visit the Dainese store in Pradit Manutham Rd then.

I saw that Snell requirement ntv69 mentioned, but I didn't think it would be enforced literally, how many helmets sold here come with a Snell label.. maybe a few imported Arai/Shoei models?

ll2 did you register already? I'll give them a call tomorrow but just wondering how's the registration/payment process.

P.S. I don't mean to hijack the thread, if this track day is discussed elsewhere pls let me know.

I was able to attend and view most of the action @BRIC/CIC last weekend.

I and my CBR got stopped by the cops in Prakhon Chai on he way up and when they asked the inevitable "where you going" they seemed all happy at my "Buiram Internatinal Circuit" response and let me proceed unmolested.

The facility is attractive and the track itself is very nice looking and safe.

The final event, 600cc supersport class, ran Sunday afternoon.

On the warm-up lap, the following safety car came squealing into a turn too hot, broke centripetal force and had to cut out into the surrounding tarmac.

The crowd in the grandstands got a real laugh out of that.

During the race proper, one Kawasaki rider slid out across the tarmac and gravel right in front of the grandstand.

He walked away apparently unhurt.

On the first lap the leader got out front and the rest of the field strung out behind.

Not much if any shoulder-to-shoulder vying for advantage, & changing of positions, which can be so exciting to watch.

I saw that Snell requirement ntv69 mentioned, but I didn't think it would be enforced literally, how many helmets sold here come with a Snell label.. maybe a few imported Arai/Shoei models?

ll2 did you register already? I'll give them a call tomorrow but just wondering how's the registration/payment process.

P.S. I don't mean to hijack the thread, if this track day is discussed elsewhere pls let me know.

My HJC helmet is SNELL approved.

Snell rated Helmet? Is that standard for trackdays in Thailand? I see alot of non Snell helmets in shops.

a DOT helmet is fine.

I have seen Real and Bilmola helmets at track days and no probs.

brands such as Shoei, Arai, and some models of HJC, AGV etc covers snell safety accreditation automatically.

unfortunately, it is full now rambling. I paid and booked my space more than a month ago.

For this event, there was a really good demand and spaces were fully booked in a very short amount of time.

I know pirelli people for a while - which they are nice and competent - so they inform me in advance and book my space.

Still, please give them a call as maybe they might have some cancellations and new spaces opened. you never know.

payment process is easy. Call them and they give you a bank account number. pay the amount and keep the ATM receipt or any other proof of payment and of course inform them once you transfer the amount.

there is thread here about Pirelli Buriram track day:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/762424-yamaha-pirelli-track-day-buriram-int-circuit-6-7th-december-2014/

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1