Koh Tao headman's son gives DNA sample to quell controversy

webfact

so 6 weeks later the son the headman, the real culprit did feel the urge to comply with the law.... what a joke! a sickening joke!

of course the result will be tampered, dont forget the tourism here, is a multi billon US Dollars industry... in thailand money rules!

Police had previously cleared him and determined he was not on the island when this happened. There is no law he violated and was never compelled to provide DNA sample. However his father and uncle were taken into custody and compelled and provided DNA samples.

Even this sample is not being provided as evidence in the case (they already cleared him and matched the crime scene DNA to suspects in custody) but rather to try to quiet some online conspiracy theorists who demanded he be tested ... but we all now this will not quiet them as they just move to one nonsense theory and demand they need fulfilled to believe to another and they feign outrage over untrue fantasies like this kid didn't comply with the law for 6 weeks.

Wipe you mouth the bs running out , what a stupid statement saying the sample is not being provided as evidence .

So if it proves positive do you think they are just going to let him go .?

It cannot prove positive as they already have matched the crime scene DNA to others. If we are to act like we are in a differently reality then of course they would not let him go. The police have shown from the start they are not intimidated by this family and they publicly names them just not as suspects early on but claimed they were involved and took the father and uncle into custody. They also implicated the son before also clearing him. The evidence they had was all BS and based on nutters claiming the kid was on the island then fled after the murder and identified him as a person in the video ... of course this like the rest of the nutter claims was shown to not just be baseless but also police confirmed he was not on the island at the time and cleared the father and uncle through DNA. Just another case of conspiracy theorists wasting everyone's time and hindering the investigation... this is has been not stop since they all made idiots of themselves with the ridiculous theory that police were trying to claim the phone they found at the suspects house was the same phone the police showed to press early in the investigation. Any acknowledge they were wrong? Of course not, they just keep doubling down with more lunacy to waste people, police, UK Officials, Burmese officials time while increasing traffic to to their facebook page and media initially willing to repeat the nonsense as possibility.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so 6 weeks later the son the headman, the real culprit did feel the urge to comply with the law.... what a joke! a sickening joke!

of course the result will be tampered, dont forget the tourism here, is a multi billon US Dollars industry... in thailand money rules!

Police had previously cleared him and determined he was not on the island when this happened. There is no law he violated and was never compelled to provide DNA sample. However his father and uncle were taken into custody and compelled and provided DNA samples.

Even this sample is not being provided as evidence in the case (they already cleared him and matched the crime scene DNA to suspects in custody) but rather to try to quiet some online conspiracy theorists who demanded he be tested ... but we all now this will not quiet them as they just move to one nonsense theory and demand they need fulfilled to believe to another and they feign outrage over untrue fantasies like this kid didn't comply with the law for 6 weeks.

Wipe you mouth the bs running out , what a stupid statement saying the sample is not being provided as evidence .

It cannot prove positive as they already have matched the crime scene DNA to others. If we are to act like we are in a differently reality then of course they would not let him go. The police have shown from the start they are not intimidated by this family and they publicly names them just not as suspects early on but claimed they were involved and took the father and uncle into custody. They also implicated the son before also clearing him. The evidence they had was all BS and based on nutters claiming the kid was on the island then fled after the murder and identified him as a person in the video ... of course this like the rest of the nutter claims was shown to not just be baseless but also police confirmed he was not on the island at the time and cleared the father and uncle through DNA. Just another case of conspiracy theorists wasting everyone's time and hindering the investigation... this is has been not stop since they all made idiots of themselves with the ridiculous theory that police were trying to claim the phone they found at the suspects house was the same phone the police showed to press early in the investigation. Any acknowledge they were wrong? Of course not, they just keep doubling down with more lunacy to waste people, police, UK Officials, Burmese officials time while increasing traffic to to their facebook page and media initially willing to repeat the nonsense as possibility.

Thanks for that long answer with no content - time to get the violins out.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Must be nice to have the police on your side, standing in the trenches with you... Must make you feel like you can do anything you want...

And looks where the paymaster sits...right in the MIDDLE.....cops forced to sit on the end lol. That tells you about all you need to know.

Has it really reached this level of lunacy to speculate on non-suspects in a case being guilty because of where they sit for a press conference that has nothing to do with police demanding anything of this family or the police even suspecting this family any more?

This is such a non-event it is painful. Here we see a swab happening. What we aren't seeing is the samples being compared by a reputable, unbiased (through donation), organisation. Have the UK been handed a swab too?

it seems that th UK is the holy grail for many of you guys,every forensic institution OUTSIDE of Thailand could do it.

Any other forensic institution would need to

A) Trust the samples given to them from the thai police (makes zero sense.)

cool.png DIG UP the bodies of the victims and take new DNA samples (makes zero sense... although i guess it's halloween or something)

C) Get the DNA samples from the UK first.. in which case,, it's easier if the UK does it.. and there's why everyone suggests that the UK should do the testing .. Assuming that the UK has reliable samples from the victims bodies... I doubt any court in the west would trust the DNA samples from the victims bodies in any case since it's proven that mafia members walked on the crime scene with police on the morning of the crime...

The samples are not in the UK. None of them

Have you seen where the Brits have said whether they got DNA from Hannah's cavities, one way or the other? I haven't.

I am sick of Thais. They think showing a picture absolves all doubt. This is why they did that bizarre murder scene reenactment, at high tide no less. I honestly would not be surprised if the swab used to take that sample was in a guy's ear ten minutes prior. God help them, really, they don't even know how to be incompetent correctly.

Did you even read the OP? 1) Police have already cleared him 2) Koh Tao Leader's Son Gives DNA Sample to Quell Controversy

This is not part of the police investigation. Use your head, the DNA has already been matched to the suspects in custody it would be IMPOSSIBLE for it to match this kid too.

• Like 1

The dog and pony show continues.

I could write about 20 individual opportunities where this can be faked, and I don't care what anyone says..... EVERYONE can be bought and the switch WILL be made and the result will come up as 'negative'.

I won't believe any of it till the UK police actually take the sample from him and a British cop personally accompany the sample all the way back to London... Than and only then will I accept it as a true and honest test.

• Like 2

Did you even read the OP? 1) Police have already cleared him 2) Koh Tao Leader's Son Gives DNA Sample to Quell Controversy

This is not part of the police investigation. Use your head, the DNA has already been matched to the suspects in custody it would be IMPOSSIBLE for it to match this kid too.

you've sent me to sleep early tonight your like a broken record go annoy some one else.

Call me a Thai-basher if you like, but I will not believe a negative unless the Brits do it.

You wouldn't believe it even if the Brits did do it. If it came up negative you would simply say the police manipulated the original DNA before the Brits tested it. Bottom line is you would simply deny justice to the victim's family under any realistic circumstances if this rich Thai kid (whose DNA clearly won't be a match since they already matched it to others and who the police already cleared since he was in Bangkok during the murders) is being the one tried for the crime.

How dare you mention the victims family, they are in themselves very unhappy about the police investigation here, they do not believe the Burmese suspects are guilty and they deserve respect and honesty. Not the circus freak show displayed today that has a forgone conclusion. The only way this would have stood the test is if it was carried out independently. The UK ambassador was very noticeable in his absence despite the police stating yesterday that he would be present, I wonder why.

• Like 1

It is possible to get DNA test results in less than 24 hours if using the latest technology. The new wiz bang testers take only 4 hours or so.

I have no idea what hardware is in use in Thailand.

nonsense. quote your source please. I think you have no idea, period.

• Like 1

Call me a Thai-basher if you like, but I will not believe a negative unless the Brits do it.

You wouldn't believe it even if the Brits did do it. If it came up negative you would simply say the police manipulated the original DNA before the Brits tested it. Bottom line is you would simply deny justice to the victim's family under any realistic circumstances if this rich Thai kid (whose DNA clearly won't be a match since they already matched it to others and who the police already cleared since he was in Bangkok during the murders) is being the one tried for the crime.

How dare you mention the victims family, they are in themselves very unhappy about the police investigation here, they do not believe the Burmese suspects are guilty and they deserve respect and honesty. Not the circus freak show displayed today that has a forgone conclusion. The only way this would have stood the test is if it was carried out independently. The UK ambassador was very noticeable in his absence despite the police stating yesterday that he would be present, I wonder why.

I don't think you should be speaking for the family

I don't have to, look at the posts by their family on Davids facebook page https://www.facebook.com/dangerdaveuk

• Like 2

It is possible to get DNA test results in less than 24 hours if using the latest technology. The new wiz bang testers take only 4 hours or so.

Acs.org

Please try to be more polite in future just in case you don't know what you are talking about.

I thought it was impossible to get DNA results so quickly?

For people with fat wallets they can do speedtests!!

I bet, the "result" of the test is already printed out as we type!!coffee1.gif

Before the sample even arrived at the lab actually! Leo, leo! rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Please take your issues with the quotes to the forum support desk. I am using the app and they are fine from my view.

There does seem to be an issue with messed up quoted posts allowed using the app, people viewing the posts using computers/laptops see nothing but messed up quotes.

Posts removed.

Thanks.

The dog and pony show continues.

I could write about 20 individual opportunities where this can be faked, and I don't care what anyone says..... EVERYONE can be bought and the switch WILL be made and the result will come up as 'negative'.

I won't believe any of it till the UK police actually take the sample from him and a British cop personally accompany the sample all the way back to London... Than and only then will I accept it as a true and honest test.

Funnily enough, have the Burmese suspect's lawyers demanded the same for their clients (or for that matter any of the conspiracists)?

Since they insist on their innocence it would be the most expedient and irrefutable proof of it; have an independent DNA analysis of the suspects and compare it with samples taken from the victims in the UK (I understand a forensic analysis is mandatory there).

So, have they? If they haven't, why?

Acs.org

Please try to be more polite in future just in case you don't know what you are talking about.

Can you let us know how many 'points' those 4 hours or so 'wiz bang' testers' results show, 10, 13, ...? Thanks

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Woraphan, who was also briefly considered a potential suspect in the case, has threatened to press libel charges against anyone who attempts to link him or any of his family members to the killing of the two Britons."

There goes 90% of the Thaivisa membership!!

So JOC or is it JOKE, are you saying that village chiefs (in this case village chief of a small island) who threaten people to shut up is OK?

JOC knows about this stuff, as his idol has been doing it systematically for years, isn't it JOC?

Like you care about the family... You're a disgrace.

• Like 2

Let's wait for the DNA results, but for this to be a full on conspiracy, it would mean the involvment of:

1) RTP

2) Chulalongkorn Hospital

3) Siriraj Hospital

4) Ramathibodi Hospital

5) Police General Hospital

6) An airline (for Nomsod's flight)

7) Staff at a Thai airport

8) Staff at the dorm (CCTV/security guys)

9) Scotland Yard (possibly could be done without them knowing, but I doubt it)

10) A boatman (to get him off the island)

11) Phone companies

12) Driver (from Surat Thani to airport?)

13) Staff at the university

14) Classmates at university

Just one break in that link and you've got him. Who knows, maybe they have? I wouldn't hold my breath though.

All the above would be needed for a conspiracy imo. Some of it may be possible, but ot all of it. This guy is the son of a village Headman. Not Kim Jong-Un.

You would make one lousy criminal, my friend :)

Of course you don't need the corporation of all of these... Just a couple of strategic individuals at any of these institutions would suffice, there's no need to for the janitor at Chulalongkorn Hosipital to be in on this.

And since you only need a couple of figures, combined with the fact that the average Thai would bend over backwards for 50.000b, makes this less of a challenge then one might think. People can be very resourceful and persuasive when they're looking a few decades in the Bangkok Hilton :)

Well who is on possession of the original test results.

The coppers.

It's like listening to children moaning.

Just once in your life people try to get off your high horses and wait for the outcome.

Now if you believe it or not, it's up to you to query it for the rest of your lives.

Has any independent outside 3rd party witnessed the collection and testing of dna sample from the body of Hannah?

Edited by saakura

This is such a non-event it is painful. Here we see a swab happening. What we aren't seeing is the samples being compared by a reputable, unbiased (through donation), organisation. Have the UK been handed a swab too?

it seems that th UK is the holy grail for many of you guys,every forensic institution OUTSIDE of Thailand could do it.

Any other forensic institution would need to

A) Trust the samples given to them from the thai police (makes zero sense.)

cool.png DIG UP the bodies of the victims and take new DNA samples (makes zero sense... although i guess it's halloween or something)

C) Get the DNA samples from the UK first.. in which case,, it's easier if the UK does it.. and there's why everyone suggests that the UK should do the testing .. Assuming that the UK has reliable samples from the victims bodies... I doubt any court in the west would trust the DNA samples from the victims bodies in any case since it's proven that mafia members walked on the crime scene with police on the morning of the crime...

The samples are not in the UK. None of them

If that's the case DNA tests have no meaning at this point unless we start digging up bodies or want the scapegoats to be found guilty.

Just once in your life people try to get off your high horses and wait for the outcome.

Now if you believe it or not, it's up to you to query it for the rest of your lives.

Has any independent outside 3rd party witnessed the collection and testing of dna sample from the body of Hannah?

Yes, the manager of intouch resort escorted police through the crime scene that morning. He is a trusted member of the local community.

• Like 2

Reminds me of someone having a, remotely, look-alike take a domestic flight with his ID-card and flashy luggage from a point A to a point B and check-in in some hotel there, to be able to take care incognito of some 'elimination job' at point A, then being driven himself hidden in a car from point A to a point C at a credible distance from point B to check-in in another hotel, after recuperating his ID and visible luggage, the perfect tourist, a perfect alibi, but the police was clever enough to discover the trick in the end, when I remember well, this was in Malaysia though...

Acs.org

This is not a link. Please quote your source, specifically for the four hour DNA profiling test, with a link that can be followed and verified.

(Incidentally I am well aware of DNA chip technology that can detect forensic DNA marker genotypes faster than the PCR methods currently used. These are not currently used in forensic labs as a routine profiling techniques , and have not been validated for use in criminal cases. They are methods undergoing research development, and the idea that they would be available to Thai forensic labs as a routine technique is not tenable.)

Edited by partington
  • Like 1

Yes, the manager of intouch resort escorted police through the crime scene that morning. He is a trusted member of the local community.

'Influential' no doubt, but 'trusted', well...

• Like 1

That the DNA sample is being given on the family's terms demonstrates the kind of power they wield, even in the face of the RTP and international scrutiny. If they can control when and with whom the test is administered, they can also control the result.

This whole thing is a farce and proves very little beyond that this is a sick world in which we live.

This is a test the police never requested of him as they did his father and uncle who were held in custody and questions. This kid was only publicly accused by police of being involved prior to officially clearing him. So yea, sounds like they have a lot of power over the police especially given he is volunteering to give this test and has not be asked by police since a) Police already know he was not on the island and b ) they already have DNA samples from family that would have been able to previously disqualify him. c ) Police have already matched the crime scene DNA with others

Unless you have some serious inside information, how is it you choose to believe some news reports and totally discount other reports?

...And it seems JTJ must know the family so well he is 100% sure 'his' father is indeed also 'his' genitor (biological father)... Oh well... And that in a place where some doubts have been arising about a certain lady having been involved in politics being the daughter instead of the sister of some man not currently locally available for DNA testing...

Edited by bangrak