Koh Tao headman's son gives DNA sample to quell controversy

webfact

*edit* *spoiler alert* I do think it is possible,, As a youngster I found myself mimicking the walking styles of some rapper I liked ... One of my friends pointed it out to me because I was doing it subconsciously...

...but not at 4:49am in the morning two times near the crime scene.

I agree with "seahorse", in this point the case is closed.

You believe the subconscious does only mimick people during certain hours

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woraphan, who was also briefly considered a potential suspect in the case, has threatened to press libel charges against anyone who attempts to link him or any of his family members to the killing of the two Britons."

There goes 90% of the Thaivisa membership!!

Add to that the CCA violations.. But I doubt that they will go after foreigners.

But you are not sure. That is why you have been hedging your bets here!! Smart guy!!thumbsup.gif

Nope. Have not hedged at all.

That being said, I am not stupid enough to publicly state that someone cleared by the police is guilty.

If the police decided tmw that the 2 Burmese men accused of being the killers have been cleared, I wouldn't revise my position that I thought they were guilty.

no why wold you see the need to start to introduce facts now at this stage of your TV posting career!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I think the saddest thing is people don't even realize how out there they sound and even go so far as submitting proof through a link that clearly states technology is not currently available to determine a person by their walk and certainly the facebook morons not using such technology and ignoring the fact that such idiotic internet detective work is not needs as it has been investigated and confirmed the kid wasn't on the island and they have matching dna to the two suspects in custody and this kid now has volunteered his dna in hopes it will stop such lunatic gossip and rumor based on idiocy.

From the link provided above ...

But despite more than three decades of research, using gait analysis as a biometric has never taken off. Until now, perhaps. Recent advances in the accuracy of automated gait recognition suggest the technology could soon form the basis for a new generation of security systems.

Still you make it sound like it would be impossible to match someone based on walking style,, while researchers believe it's like a fingerprint...

How many people have been convicted based on gait analysis? How many on fingerprints?

By the way, how many murders have these anonymous Columbos at CSI LA solved?

• Like 1

A negative DNA test will only confirm that he was not one of the rapists. It will not prove whether he was involved in the murder or not.

There were two bareback rapists whose semen was found inside the victim. A third man had sex with her using a condom violently enough to leave traces of her blood on the outside of the condom but, mysteriously, no traces of DNA in the inside. This third man could conceivably have been David before the death squad arrived but that doesn't seem very likely, as there were no other traces of his DNA found on Hannah. So there could have been three rapists and, as you suggest, and several murderers, not to mention accessories to and after the fact. It is strange that the police investigation limited itself to the two pint sized suspects. Initially they said that whoever took down David must have been physically big and strong, given David's fit 6'6" frame.

This assumes completely that the BIB have been honest and upfront from the start.

The odds that there is no DNA in the condom is ludicrously low, so that is probably a wash job. There could have been 10 peoples DNA in the victim, but if the front is to fit up two Burmese , of course there would only be a report of two DNA hits.

I don't beleive anything the cops say about how many people were involved because they have zero credibility. Zero

I agree that they have zero credibility,, but that doesn't mean they must be lying.

The reaction of the prosecutor says enough for me. They have botched and tried to jiggle a case together that is basically bs.

I've been asking this allover and tried to find it on google:

Is it possible that close friends or relatives mimmick the same walking style of an alpha male? Subconsciously perhaps?

So IF the person seen running on CCTV in Koh Tao and Nom Sod have the same walking style, is it not possible that they simply mimick eachother or a third alpha male in a close group (family,friends,whatever)?

*edit* *spoiler alert* I do think it is possible,, As a youngster I found myself mimicking the walking styles of some rapper I liked ... One of my friends pointed it out to me because I was doing it subconsciously...

I think the saddest thing is people don't even realize how out there they sound and even go so far as submitting proof through a link that clearly states technology is not currently available to determine a person by their walk and certainly the facebook morons not using such technology and ignoring the fact that such idiotic internet detective work is not needs as it has been investigated and confirmed the kid wasn't on the island and they have matching dna to the two suspects in custody and this kid now has volunteered his dna in hopes it will stop such lunatic gossip and rumor based on idiocy.

But despite more than three decades of research, using gait analysis as a biometric has never taken off. Until now, perhaps. Recent advances in the accuracy of automated gait recognition suggest the technology could soon form the basis for a new generation of security systems.

fitup fitup fitup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A negative DNA test will only confirm that he was not one of the rapists. It will not prove whether he was involved in the murder or not.

There were two bareback rapists whose semen was found inside the victim. A third man had sex with her using a condom violently enough to leave traces of her blood on the outside of the condom but, mysteriously, no traces of DNA in the inside. This third man could conceivably have been David before the death squad arrived but that doesn't seem very likely, as there were no other traces of his DNA found on Hannah. So there could have been three rapists and, as you suggest, and several murderers, not to mention accessories to and after the fact. It is strange that the police investigation limited itself to the two pint sized suspects. Initially they said that whoever took down David must have been physically big and strong, given David's fit 6'6" frame.

Do you have a link to where police stated there was blood on the outside of the condom or have you just added this fact (lie) in?

• Like 1

Still you make it sound like it would be impossible to match someone based on walking style,, while researchers believe it's like a fingerprint...

How many people have been convicted based on gait analysis? How many on fingerprints?

Better question is how many big theories did CSI come up with that were proved nonsense after they started with the idiotic claim police planted at the suspects home the same phone they showed to the press very early in the investigation.

Each time these guys are proved wrong or get things they demand, they just ignore this and double down with more nonsense. Now these clueless internet conspiracy theorists believe they can identify somebody in a grainy night time video bases on a a few seconds of their walk.

That the RTP don't know who this kid in the CCTV is simply shows how incompetent the whole investigation has been.

How do you know they never identified him within the 30 Days it took them to match DNA to the suspects in custody? Are you privy to all their investigations and the circumstances to which they cleared everyone they interviewed or suspected?

Better question is how many big theories did CSI come up with that were proved nonsense after they started with the idiotic claim police planted at the suspects home the same phone they showed to the press very early in the investigation.

Each time these guys are proved wrong or get things they demand, they just ignore this and double down with more nonsense. Now these clueless internet conspiracy theorists believe they can identify somebody in a grainy night time video bases on a a few seconds of their walk.

Well the police have failed to identify him...so I suppose someone should at least attemp t to.

After all this could be a crucial witness...or would seem to be to any credible police force.

That the RTP don't know who this kid in the CCTV is simply shows how incompetent the whole investigation has been.

How do you know they never identified him within the 30 Days it took them to match DNA to the suspects in custody? Are you privy to all their investigations and the circumstances to which they cleared everyone they interviewed or suspected?

You are talking g nonsense again....if they had it would have been announced by now along with their DNA test today.

Do you not know how the RTP conduct their business?

You should switch on your TV more often John.

Is this the kind of publicity that Thailand needs to improve its image with this fiasco "Thailand's police chief has warned anyone speculating on social media about the murder of two UK tourists could face up to five years in jail."

Just published on the BBC http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29834046

Things were bad enough and now their going to show the whole world their way of silencing critcs

Excellent.

These buffoons continue to put their foot in their mouths.

No clue of the real world. wai2.gifwai.gif

I say, keep on talking.

thumbsup.gif

how does the owner of the bar where the murdered people were last seen escape liability?

can he not be sued by the family in Britain?

and,

how does the DNA clear the son of being a witness?

isn't that where this investigation has gone?

does he not realize that the vast majority of the people feel that the kid was on the island,

and that is the real issue now?

how does the owner of the bar where the murdered people were last seen escape liability?

can he not be sued by the family in Britain?

and,

how does the DNA clear the son of being a witness?

isn't that where this investigation has gone?

does he not realize that the vast majority of the people feel that the kid was on the island,

and that is the real issue now?

The issue is that some people act as if their feelings are a substitute to evidence.

Hopefully the British police were there, and also there to observe the chain of custody for the dna evidence. Not that that guarantees anything, as the corrupt cockroaches will likely not compare his dna with the real dna taken from the murder victims.

this is of course one of the main reasons that there is a UK detective squad there

they are very aware of the way the case unfoled, and all the dramatic reversals that occured,

this CCTV footage of someone clearly pacing the scene, who the RTP first stated was their #1 suspect,

and actually asked for the public's help in turning him in

then,

poof,

no more interest in the publics help,

and, neither of the two Burmese fit the description

but the public is supposed to swallow all this because they are being threatened to shut up, or else

• Like 1

Yes, who is the man sitting down on the camera still? Haven't noticed that showing up before the other poster put it on the forum. He must be of major importance to the investigation surely? The man running looks like he has a dent in his chest on the left side, but maybe it's just the distortion of the still.

I think you know the answers to those questions already.... but what is your point?

this is of course one of the main reasons that there is a UK detective squad there

they are very aware of the way the case unfoled, and all the dramatic reversals that occured,

this CCTV footage of someone clearly pacing the scene, who the RTP first stated was their #1 suspect,

then,

poof,

but the public is supposed to swallow all this because they are being threatened to shut up, or else

Amy reasonable police would be asking for help in identifying these guys....and if they were truly certain of having the suspects in custody would be saying give us more time to probe it please...not threatening people with jail time for questioning their suspicious activities.

Just shows us all more of the same....and this is coming from the top...aren't these guys supposed to be smart?

This assumes completely that the BIB have been honest and upfront from the start.

The odds that there is no DNA in the condom is ludicrously low, so that is probably a wash job. There could have been 10 peoples DNA in the victim, but if the front is to fit up two Burmese , of course there would only be a report of two DNA hits.

I don't beleive anything the cops say about how many people were involved because they have zero credibility. Zero

I agree that they have zero credibility,, but that doesn't mean they must be lying.

The reaction of the prosecutor says enough for me. They have botched and tried to jiggle a case together that is basically bs.

Is it possible the prosecution would have that reaction due to police incompetence,,,, is police lying the only explanation?

then,

poof,

Amy reasonable police would be asking for help in identifying these guys....and if they were truly certain of having the suspects in custody would be saying give us more time to probe it please...not threatening people with jail time for questioning their suspicious activities.

Just shows us all more of the same....and this is coming from the top...aren't these guys supposed to be smart?

Defamation laws exist and are serious in Thailand... It is absolutely possible that Nom Sod and the village headman and his family and his biz have been and are being defamed on a massive scale here... Obviously the Village headman have pressed the police to stop this.. As would anyone... And the police are obviously taking it seriously because it's obviously true that defamation is going on!

• Like 1

You say incompetent.. How did you rule out corruption?

I don't care either way...all many of us want to see is the criminals in this awful case convicted and jailed.

then,

poof,

Defamation laws exist and are serious in Thailand... It is absolutely possible that Nom Sod and the village headman and his family and his biz have been and are being defamed on a massive scale here... Obviously the Village headman have pressed the police to stop this.. As would anyone... And the police are obviously taking it seriously because it's obviously true that defamation is going on!

You mean to tell me their first concern is not in catching a group of murderous rapists?

You say incompetent.. How did you rule out corruption?

I don't care either way...all many of us want to see is the criminals in this awful case convicted and jailed.

If you don't care,, then why are you making statements that you can't back up later...

*edit* I also want the criminals convicted and jailed... possibly executed in the case they find out that police have been involved in protecting the real criminals..

Edited by hobz