Koh Tao headman's son gives DNA sample to quell controversy

webfact

Koh Tao Leader's Son Gives DNA Sample to Quell Controversy
By Khaosod English

14146617781414661858l.jpg
Warot Toowichian, 22, gave a DNA sample to police today to dispel accusations that he was involved in the murder of two British tourists on the island last month, 30 Oct

BANGKOK — The son of a village headman on Koh Tao gave a DNA sample to police today to dispel accusations that he was involved in the murder of two British tourists on the island last month.

Warot Toowichian, 22, was briefly considered a suspect in the case, but was swiftly deemed innocent after police determined that he was not on the island on 15 September, when David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, were murdered.

However, skeptics have continued to raise questions about Warot, whose father Woraphan Toowichian is a local administrator on the island and owns the bar where Miller and Witheridge were last seen. Woraphan, who was also briefly considered a potential suspect in the case, has threatened to press libel charges against anyone who attempts to link him or any of his family members to the killing of the two Britons.

Forensic officials said they will compare Warot’s sample to the DNA traces found at the crime scene and on Witheridge’s body. The results are expected in 24 hours.

Shortly after Warot was cleared of a connection to the murder last month, police arrested two 21-year-old Burmese migrant workers who they insist confessed to the crime and are implicated by forensic tests.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1414661778

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-10-30

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So where was the DNA sample taken and were the British police there to witness the actual test from the accused? I'd it was just handed over then its a pointless e exercise.

They already know he is innocent. His father told them that. And he is Thai.....no Thai people would do a crime like this one

Woraphan, who was also briefly considered a potential suspect in the case, has threatened to press libel charges against anyone who attempts to link him or any of his family members to the killing of the two Britons."

There goes 90% of the Thaivisa membership!!

Add to that the CCA violations.. But I doubt that they will go after foreigners.

Woraphan, who was also briefly considered a potential suspect in the case, has threatened to press libel charges against anyone who attempts to link him or any of his family members to the killing of the two Britons."

Add to that the CCA violations.. But I doubt that they will go after foreigners.

But you are not sure. That is why you have been hedging your bets here!! Smart guy!!thumbsup.gif

But you are not sure. That is why you have been hedging your bets here!! Smart guy!!thumbsup.gif

Nope. Have not hedged at all.

That being said, I am not stupid enough to publicly state that someone cleared by the police is guilty.

If the police decided tmw that the 2 Burmese men accused of being the killers have been cleared, I wouldn't revise my position that I thought they were guilty.

It's like listening to children moaning.

Just once in your life people try to get off your high horses and wait for the outcome.

Now if you believe it or not, it's up to you to query it for the rest of your lives.

If we listened to you, there would be no forum!

The admin opens new threads to create a debate, to some it is very serious stuff, to others it is merely entertainment, but no matter what the social media has kept this case alive!

And it is voluntary to participate!!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I thought the DNA from the two suspects match with the ones found on the victims body! What is this test for now?! Do they really believe the "rich man" stick together with the migrants?!facepalm.gif

Meanwhile, on Planet Earth..................................wink.png

Nope. Have not hedged at all.

That being said, I am not stupid enough to publicly state that someone cleared by the police is guilty.

If the police decided tmw that the 2 Burmese men accused of being the killers have been cleared, I wouldn't revise my position that I thought they were guilty.

That makes us equally stubborn!!

Which sadly means, whatever outcome of this case, there will be no "winners".

Edited by JOC

DNA tests on village head's son related to Ko Tao murder
By Digital Content

14146535537210-640x390x1.jpg

SURAT THANI, Oct 30 -- Worapan Tuwichian, a village head on Surat Thani's Ko Tao, brought his son Warot for DNA tests in Bangkok to prove the youth's innocence.

The father and his son met national police chief Somyot Poompanmoung and physicians from Chulalongkorn, Siriraj, Ramathibodi and Police hospitals collected the son's samples for DNA tests and will show results in 24 hours.

They intended to prove that the son had nothing to do with the September 15 murder of two British tourists on Ko Tao.

Pol Gen Somyot said that police had not questioned Mr Warot because he said was not on Ko Tao on the murder date and the DNA tests were the intention of the village headman's family to prove his innocence.

The police chief asserted that police did not arrest a scapegoat or force the two Myanmar suspects to make a confesssion in the murder case.

The suspects' parents yesterday sought help from the Lawyers' Council of Thailand. Det-udom Krairit, the council's chairman, promised to handle their case personally.

Twenty council lawyers are deployed on Ko Tao to collect relevant information.

Meanwhile, tourism on adjacent Ko Samui is lively on the eve of Halloween. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-10-30

and so what!...does anyone really believe the sample will be tested fairly..they obviously waited until they new the sample given would go through whatever chanels to show he is innocent...This whole circus act is a disgusting blemish on this country's law enforcement procedures

• Like 1

You've got to love Thailand. Thailand, the hub of DNA testing.

Thai PM says new DNA tests can be done in British murder probe

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/thai-pm-says-new-dna-tests-can-be-done-in-british-murder-probe/ar-BBbRpaF?ocid=mailsignout

BANGKOK - Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha on Wednesday challenged critics of a police investigation into the murder of two British tourists saying new DNA tests can be done as concern grows that two men arrested over the killings might have been framed.

Two Myanmar men - migrant workers Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21 - were charged with the murder of Britons David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, whose bodies were found on a beach on the southern island of Koh Tao on Sept. 15.

Post-mortem examination results showed the British backpackers died from blows to the head and Witheridge was raped.

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy

Yes because Kookyapooky justanotherfarang

Are names you can sue eh? Would the real slim shady please stand up!!