Defending all the "stingy" men out there!

I would like to defend all the Farang out there that have ever been called stingy, cheap charlie or anything like that before by a Thai woman.

Here are some of our reasons for being careful with our money spending.

1. Most of us live alone in Thailand meaning we have no blood relatives to lean on if we spend all our money like most Thai's do. (Thai people have a endless number of relatives that they can call up if they get into a money jam most Farang do not.)

2. We have a lot of money but also have a lot of bills. We might have 2 homes a car and other things to pay for so big money yes but big bills also yes.

3. We might have slaved for many years to save enough money to retire and our living off of that money and want it to last through retirement.

4. We don't believe in "Nam Jai" or the concept of showing generosity to all people. We have a belief of personal responsibility where you can control your own destiny by working hard and struggling through hard times to succeed.

5. "It's not my problem" Thai people like helping people and that is good but sometimes people need to experience "tough love" or they will never change there ways. Take for example a family member that makes horrible decisions with money but then is asking you for a loan or to bail them out of a jam. Just giving them money whenever they come calling isn't going to correct there behavior and it is just going to get worse over time.

6. "I want a shop or a business" That's nice but where is my shop or business why am I buying you one before I have one? Why am I buying you a house before I have one? Doesn't make any sense to do so.

These are just a few examples that I could think of off the top of my head. So when you consider him to be "a stingy man" please try to consider this.

Thanks

A very wise man, a man who won't run out of money, buy a bar or get slowly poisoned by a wife
  • Like 1

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate agree with you 100%. Constantly having the "endless pit of money " argument with my mrs. Trying to explain to a Thai person about personal responsibility is like hitting your head against a brick wall.

My Thai wife just opened two mutual fund retirement accounts with her Thai banks. I did the research and had a talk to the banker who explained the accounts to my wife. She deposits what she can from her paycheck.

• Like 1

No pension Elliot )))) hmm that would make things interesting - best woman for you is one--- deft/ dumb and blind - she'd never see your wallet / you'd never get an argument out of her / and she'd ask you for nothing lol thats the best one eh !

we all need a mrs as that !!!!

your 25 years away from pension --- hell iam only 6/8 years away - but i dont want it anyway - to much diatribe pollie correct correct crap invoilved in getting a few bux from the Govvy ! they want to know all about you = bit rude eh !

Do as i do just work for yourself there , i can make 85% income in thailand --- near same as i make in Australia ))) just work on pc!! easy easy !

Nobody ever asks me thier what i do for a job??? i'd never tell them either))) - bugger em !

god your writing style annoys me,

dashes, brackets, slashes, excalamation marks, hyphens, equal signs,

most annoying style ever

You dont like my writing style lol your joking i write books for a living friend and i sell a hell of a lot, the way i write here is exactly the way i write in books i sell)))) Do you know ive never had a whinge lol not in 7 years lol !

Your comment first time ive ever heard that one friend -------------still, they say you meet a newbie every week huh !

Actually ive near finished a new book ''on scammers '' guess what? a lot are sold to Thailand , to the poor western soles , looking for an answer as to why , they are getting robbed for everything !

You dont like my writing style lol your joking i write books for a living friend and i sell a hell of a lot, the way i write here is exactly the way i write in books i sell)))) Do you know ive never had a whinge lol not in 7 years lol !

Your comment first time ive ever heard that one friend -------------still, they say you meet a newbie every week huh !

Actually ive near finished a new book ''on scammers '' guess what? a lot are sold to Thailand , to the poor western soles , looking for an answer as to why , they are getting robbed for everything !

Oy stevo oive got a questin)))))! wots a multicultural? ive neva erd of one)))....?

Oy stevo oive got a questin)))))! wots a multicultural? ive neva erd of one)))....?

Pay m8 it's lyke a thingy :-))))))))))))

No pension Elliot )))) hmm that would make things interesting - best woman for you is one--- deft/ dumb and blind - she'd never see your wallet / you'd never get an argument out of her / and she'd ask you for nothing lol thats the best one eh !

your 25 years away from pension --- hell iam only 6/8 years away - but i dont want it anyway - to much diatribe pollie correct correct crap invoilved in getting a few bux from the Govvy ! they want to know all about you = bit rude eh !

Do as i do just work for yourself there , i can make 85% income in thailand --- near same as i make in Australia ))) just work on pc!! easy easy !

Nobody ever asks me thier what i do for a job??? i'd never tell them either))) - bugger em !

most annoying style ever

How many copies of this so called book have you sold......1?.......5?......10?

and thats not including your family or friends or copies youve given away for free

I think its time to get off the margaritas wink.png

edit: oh and im referring to the cocktails, not the pizzas.....mmmm..I might just go and get a pizza now, got hungry typing it

Edited by hellohello123
  • Like 1

most annoying style ever

How many copies of this so called book have you sold......1?.......5?......10?

and thats not including your family or friends or copies youve given away for free

I think its time to get off the margaritas wink.png

edit: oh and im referring to the cocktails, not the pizzas.....mmmm..I might just go and get a pizza now, got hungry typing it

If I had written any of my books like that they would not have got past the first paragraph with the publishers before the rejection letter.

Has anyone ever been called 'cheap' by anyone other than bargirls? Bargirls that want your money in their pocket? Who cares what they say

I doubt anyone else in Thailand would say such things, well, no in public. If it's your GF or Wife then maybe you need to address your choice of partner

Wham bam,,,, i publish my own books for your information, nice wee income in last 7 years ive managed to clear $18,000 usd a year, just from books , so hey, somebody likes them))) i only sell when i feel like it )))) i have over 30 products i sell, thats only 1 of them ! Ive got my fingers in lots of pies !

You may laugh but i do very very well ! I CAN LIVE ANYWHERE my work goes with me on pc , i could live in the north pole , so long i had internet and post office, i can still easily drag in my 200k baht to 300k baht a month ! No bar fly hear mate , i don't mix with the hobo's ! ( Hard thing to find in thailand is a farang thats got enough brains, to make a quid eh)

Having said that, i just met a guy in thailand , he's a farang nice feller , used to work Abc promotional products in the 90's , he gets paid forever in Royalties like around 1 million baht a year for sitting on bum and doing zero ! He teamed up with thai woman last year , very generoius guy - she said him get 1 million baht sit on bum , him beggar'' MISTER STINGY ' me not want ?? ( they are unreal eh ) after she scammed him for over 350k baht in a 13 week period ( WHOM COULD BE SEEN AS STINGY HANDING OVER 350K BAHT OVER 13 WEEKS, TO THE BIRD ? she called 'him a beggar and ran away ) ( 85% of thai women all wired the same ))What queer women???? they can't see past a $ )) crazy crazy ! no thought for tomorrow , they could have a meal ticket forever ''if only they took 2 days off a week , from the, '' me need money ..con job''

They actually think, somebody owes them a living ? its more than rude !

They should be on bended knee, thanking there lucky stars, ''that anybody wants them '' they got nothing to offer us? .............ain't that a fact )))) ....( except deciet and lies )

They certainly not interested in the men folk ''as people '' just his money --------him money gone) , she is gone - hell no wonder they go through life and end up back in the dirty village with nothing !

How would a bloke that recieves 1 million baht a year for sitting on bum in thailand, be called a beggar??? ( and thats only 1 of his 3 incomes lol ))) - westerners called beggars by people that have by and large .. never seen 95k baht in any given year , in life? talk about the beggar be chooser / come the dictator lol ..they really are becoming a joke!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Has anyone ever been called 'cheap' by anyone other than bargirls? Bargirls that want your money in their pocket? Who cares what they say

I doubt anyone else in Thailand would say such things, well, no in public. If it's your GF or Wife then maybe you need to address your choice of partner

Mate, i don't its bar girls , i think basicaly they view us all ''as stingy'' from what ive seen, i don't think it matters if you arrive with 5 million baht and another 5 mill as backup , i think they all call us stingy ! Actually euro women are the worst , you could splash $1000 a week on them for 52 months straight )) , its never enough ! next day they crying for more !

Women, my wifes not too bad) hm she is / so / so only ! if she does not know you have it - she won't try to get it / but if she does know you have it , then its ''me want '' !! they don't like to see you ''mister man '' have anything ?..................... not from what ive seen eh!

The man that posted this thread no he has it right ))) , you want something in life ..........work for it .. thais for too long have played the game ''the sympathy elephant game '' look at it this way we go bust in thailand))) , how many thais run to our aide ??? = none )))) no the man has a good gripe --- genuine too!

I can reflect back to a mate whom married last year a quiet rather impoverished issan woman'' , although she seemed fine to start , hubby was hmm not rich but he had 95,000 baht a month to live with)) happy gave her 75% of it -- that , one would think)))) would be apprieciated by the other half ???.

No it didnt work huh - she in life never seen 9k baht a month , he makes life says oh ok leaves 65,000 baht on the table to do life with every month , into her purse it went , she never stopped calling him stingy for the next 8 months))) .65K BAHT PLUS HER 9K BAHT = 74K BAHT ---and he's called stingy ??? for 8 months she never stopped insulting him - until he gave her the flick she was just a nightmare, they talk money in thier sleep ?---------they are obcessed by it???? ( i don't know why ?

Problem with the thais is thus, ( they never know when they are on a good thing & gratitude is not in the dictionary ) they want to have it not both ways,-- but all -ways -- Iam married to a thai - she earns 23k baht a month - but they want to keep all thiers in purse ) and you pay all for life ?? it's a bit rude huh !!

We can't do that in USA / AUSSIE / ENGLAND NEW ZED ETC ETC ETC -- WHY MUST WE DO IT IN THAILAND ?? why should anybody, be an ATM --- FOR THEM ????

FOOD FOR THOUGHT -YES !

Secret ( i learnt the hard way ) i give money to my mrs when she proves to me she is broke )))) ( no cunning kicks of money socked away in thier shoes ) they want farang pay all in / outs both ways???? when he goes bust ( and a lot do ) she has zero sympathy for him -------or comprehention, of just how hard it is for joe farang, to make a dollar )) joe goes bust - she screams stingy ??? ( WHAT THAIS FORGET IS THAT IN 75% OF CASES THEY SEND US BUST IN THE FIRST PLACE ))) its thier doing via / greed ))) - id like just $15 for every time ive seen that exact same situation in thailand.

They expect everybody to keep them ?? It does not work in 90% of countries .. thais should be damn gratefull))) to the ever generous farang !

My mate, He woke up & said to me no --no apprieciation here sport, just mother greed working overtime ( here we had classic example of --- the beggar being the chooser, and dictating life ?? bit like writing without a pen and paper -- you can't do it )))

The poster of the thread good post ---------do as i do ! i say to my mrs you want a quid ??? / work for it )) - i did for 42 years --didn't hurt me !

don't ever be an ATM FOR THEM because if you do, it will never stop ------------they are all wired the same way !

stevo

ps tell you something don't be a mug fall for the me want house me want land caper ( i didn't fall for that ) no way known - thais,,, tell em they want ''ouse me want land ''--you go buy it --not me ! who'd wants to own--- what you can't really own ??? - same same would you buy a car in the USA and seller says to you - sorry no papers - you dont really own it ( of course you'd not buy it ) same deal everything in thailand

In 80% of cases bar the odd honest one (( they get you to buy it -- the big assetts ) so mumasan & the family ''resident gorrillas'' all 77 of them'' all on the lamb yes )) ,they take it all off you later ! with some fabricated story him look other woman))) me make divorce = by by land and house ( in reality mr farang has done nothing wrong ) they very good liars the thais - its a specialty with them , like an aquired taste you know !

Trust your mrs with house and land in her name only??? yeahhh)))) sure lol lol ( like id trust mine with goods of more value than 150k baht ??? - i not that silly ))) no way known )- don't be mugs))) thais want all ?? let them go to work and buy all !( same as we did ).

You fall into a sewer and expect to come out smelling like a rose; that is naive.

Not naive at all my friend i do know crap from clay - problem is in the country we talk of there is 85% crap and 15% clay another chap posted on here ''he's not thier to ''keep anybody ''hes right!!!!! whom needs a leach hanging from your bankbook '' many men leave western countries hello))))) ............specifically to get away from scammiing females - they looking for a better deal err hello , all men i know are looking for a better ''non deciet woman low ks; 1 carefull owner / its never said sh-------it in its life , its never taken 5 cents unless she earnt it honestly ) why all this is so hard to locate in thailand?????? ............ive no idea !

one person should never ''have to keep the other '' in life not unless he/ she chooses to do so !

I said to my wife ''want a dollar good go earn it / same as i did for decades - decent thai woman should see that ''and say to herself '' i must never ever forget in life that ''without him " i got a big percentage of <deleted> all ''

I sold a bush block in Australia 14 months back was not worth much just on 1.3 million baht - wife says what you do this money ???? i said i shoved it in my bank ''why ?? oh didnt it get up on its horse - i said listen dear i had it for 11 years)) and that is 9 years before i met you - had you contributed 50% to buying it in the first place id happy give you 800k baht whatever ohh yes !

no )))give em nothing i say - if they want to lay on ass & live from the man as 70% them do in thailand)))) well good for them , but i wont pay for lazy eh !

the worlds your oyster))) and thier is no free rides !

Given the financial disasters I have seen and read about being stingy maybe not such a bad defensive mechanism.

You need a lot of money now in Thailand to live a reasonable life..better to be stingy than broke or writing on here how the wife has screwed you over!

My experience of Europeans here are that they are in general quite generous to their ladies..somehow I feel that it just isn't appreciated by them.

The European sense of fairness and in many cases generosity does not fit well with thai sensibilities.

Given the financial disasters I have seen and read about being stingy maybe not such a bad defensive mechanism.

You need a lot of money now in Thailand to live a reasonable life..better to be stingy than broke or writing on here how the wife has screwed you over!

My experience of Europeans here are that they are in general quite generous to their ladies..somehow I feel that it just isn't appreciated by them.

The European sense of fairness and in many cases generosity does not fit well with thai sensibilities.

The question is.....why is not appreciated ?

The man that posted this thread no he has it right ))) , you want something in life ..........work for it .. thais for too long have played the game ''the sympathy elephant game '' look at it this way we go bust in thailand))) , how many thais run to our aide ??? = none )))) no the man has a good gripe --- genuine too!

I can reflect back to a mate whom married last year a quiet rather impoverished issan woman'' , although she seemed fine to start , hubby was hmm not rich but he had 95,000 baht a month to live with)) happy gave her 75% of it -- that , one would think)))) would be apprieciated by the other half ???.

No it didnt work huh - she in life never seen 9k baht a month , he makes life says oh ok leaves 65,000 baht on the table to do life with every month , into her purse it went , she never stopped calling him stingy for the next 8 months))) .65K BAHT PLUS HER 9K BAHT = 74K BAHT ---and he's called stingy ??? for 8 months she never stopped insulting him - until he gave her the flick she was just a nightmare, they talk money in thier sleep ?---------they are obcessed by it???? ( i don't know why ?

Problem with the thais is thus, ( they never know when they are on a good thing & gratitude is not in the dictionary ) they want to have it not both ways,-- but all -ways -- Iam married to a thai - she earns 23k baht a month - but they want to keep all thiers in purse ) and you pay all for life ?? it's a bit rude huh !!

We can't do that in USA / AUSSIE / ENGLAND NEW ZED ETC ETC ETC -- WHY MUST WE DO IT IN THAILAND ?? why should anybody, be an ATM --- FOR THEM ????

FOOD FOR THOUGHT -YES !

Secret ( i learnt the hard way ) i give money to my mrs when she proves to me she is broke )))) ( no cunning kicks of money socked away in thier shoes ) they want farang pay all in / outs both ways???? when he goes bust ( and a lot do ) she has zero sympathy for him -------or comprehention, of just how hard it is for joe farang, to make a dollar )) joe goes bust - she screams stingy ??? ( WHAT THAIS FORGET IS THAT IN 75% OF CASES THEY SEND US BUST IN THE FIRST PLACE ))) its thier doing via / greed ))) - id like just $15 for every time ive seen that exact same situation in thailand.

They expect everybody to keep them ?? It does not work in 90% of countries .. thais should be damn gratefull))) to the ever generous farang !

My mate, He woke up & said to me no --no apprieciation here sport, just mother greed working overtime ( here we had classic example of --- the beggar being the chooser, and dictating life ?? bit like writing without a pen and paper -- you can't do it )))

The poster of the thread good post ---------do as i do ! i say to my mrs you want a quid ??? / work for it )) - i did for 42 years --didn't hurt me !

don't ever be an ATM FOR THEM because if you do, it will never stop ------------they are all wired the same way !

stevo

ps tell you something don't be a mug fall for the me want house me want land caper ( i didn't fall for that ) no way known - thais,,, tell em they want ''ouse me want land ''--you go buy it --not me ! who'd wants to own--- what you can't really own ??? - same same would you buy a car in the USA and seller says to you - sorry no papers - you dont really own it ( of course you'd not buy it ) same deal everything in thailand

In 80% of cases bar the odd honest one (( they get you to buy it -- the big assetts ) so mumasan & the family ''resident gorrillas'' all 77 of them'' all on the lamb yes )) ,they take it all off you later ! with some fabricated story him look other woman))) me make divorce = by by land and house ( in reality mr farang has done nothing wrong ) they very good liars the thais - its a specialty with them , like an aquired taste you know !

Trust your mrs with house and land in her name only??? yeahhh)))) sure lol lol ( like id trust mine with goods of more value than 150k baht ??? - i not that silly ))) no way known )- don't be mugs))) thais want all ?? let them go to work and buy all !( same as we did ).

You fall into a sewer and expect to come out smelling like a rose; that is naive.

Not naive at all my friend i do know crap from clay - problem is in the country we talk of there is 85% crap and 15% clay another chap posted on here ''he's not thier to ''keep anybody ''hes right!!!!! whom needs a leach hanging from your bankbook '' many men leave western countries hello))))) ............specifically to get away from scammiing females - they looking for a better deal err hello , all men i know are looking for a better ''non deciet woman low ks; 1 carefull owner / its never said sh-------it in its life , its never taken 5 cents unless she earnt it honestly ) why all this is so hard to locate in thailand?????? ............ive no idea !

one person should never ''have to keep the other '' in life not unless he/ she chooses to do so !

I said to my wife ''want a dollar good go earn it / same as i did for decades - decent thai woman should see that ''and say to herself '' i must never ever forget in life that ''without him " i got a big percentage of <deleted> all ''

I sold a bush block in Australia 14 months back was not worth much just on 1.3 million baht - wife says what you do this money ???? i said i shoved it in my bank ''why ?? oh didnt it get up on its horse - i said listen dear i had it for 11 years)) and that is 9 years before i met you - had you contributed 50% to buying it in the first place id happy give you 800k baht whatever ohh yes !

no )))give em nothing i say - if they want to lay on ass & live from the man as 70% them do in thailand)))) well good for them , but i wont pay for lazy eh !

the worlds your oyster))) and thier is no free rides !

You're right, having a relationship with someone like that, is not just naive.

You wrote, "The European sense of fairness and in many cases generosity does not fit well with thai sensibilities" Loss of life to European wars hundreds of millions men women and children. Thailand; a couple of thousand people. I guess you are correct. Europe is a blood thirsty war mongering group of nations in comparison to Thailand.

You might also want to compare Thai Buddhism to Christianity as far as the Crusades and things like that go.

You wrote, "The European sense of fairness and in many cases generosity does not fit well with thai sensibilities" Loss of life to European wars hundreds of millions men women and children. Thailand; a couple of thousand people. I guess you are correct. Europe is a blood thirsty war mongering group of nations in comparison to Thailand.

You might also want to compare Thai Buddhism to Christianity as far as the Crusades and things like that go.

Not talking about war mongering ( mainly political classes or misguided), very difficult to disagree with you on that, but it's not uniquely western. I am talking about individuals and their innate characteristics of fairness and in the most part generosity..as I have witnessed here and the lack thereof of their partners.

The couple of thousand people would not even cover the war on drugs a few years back..