San Francisco Wins World Series (again) ... how about those "Mad Bum" jockeys?

Jingthing

Baseball, that is.

I want some Mad Bum jockeys, don't you?

post-37101-0-19003400-1414702390_thumb.j

http://blog.sfgate.com/giants/2014/10/30/mad-bum-underwear-to-be-distributed-at-giants-world-series-parade-of-course/

This is kind of interesting culturally. In recent decades more British usage has insiduously creeped in to the purity of American English (the REAL Queen's English). I think it's largely from the popularity of some British t.v. shows. Bum for ass is of course British usage ... this could be like the British invasion all over again!

Edited by Jingthing

In recent decades more British usage has insiduously creeped in to the purity of American English

Hundreds of years ago when I was in school we were obliged to learn the alternate spellings of words like "theatre/theater," "centre/center " sombre/somber," etc because of the British corruption of the American language. Of course,the Brits actually stole those spellings from the French. And speaking of British usage having "creeped" into American, I think we were saddled with the crept, leapt, learnt and burnt spellings as well. Thankfully common sense has prevailed and British spellings have crept away.

May I ask ... how is this Gay?

Is 'Mad Bum' a Gay Icon?

I did Google it and no Gay References.

Sorry ... lost me.

San Francisco ... duh.
Actually San Francisco has a great football (American meaning) team too. Here's a random photo of their quarterback.

fd2e3deb273878e784d2cac275949be8.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

In recent decades more British usage has insiduously creeped in to the purity of American English

Hundreds of years ago when I was in school we were obliged to learn the alternate spellings of words like "theatre/theater," "centre/center " sombre/somber," etc because of the British corruption of the American language. Of course,the Brits actually stole those spellings from the French. And speaking of British usage having "creeped" into American, I think we were saddled with the crept, leapt, learnt and burnt spellings as well. Thankfully common sense has prevailed and British spellings have crept away.

Is 'Mad Bum' a Gay Icon?

I did Google it and no Gay References.

Sorry ... lost me.

San Francisco ... duh.
Actually San Francisco has a great football (American meaning) team too. Here's a random photo of their quarterback.

I've read rubbish posts before ... yours takes it to a new level.

As for the logic of your explanation on how it's 'Gay Related' ... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1