Decent day time bar with good pool tables

bigt116

Morning all,

New to Jomtien/Pattaya and am looking for a nice bar that I can sink a few beers and a few pool balls on a decent table, I used to love drinking in any of the Hillary bars down Soi 4 in Bangkok, so really that is the kind of bar I am looking for. Any hints and tips would be most appreciated.

As I am currently without a mode of transport, somewhere along beach road or second road would be easiest for me to get to :-)

Thanks

Mega Break is great. Very nice equipment. Gulliver's has 2 tables, but at peak hours, you have to put your name on the board for a game.

There's also a new sports bar right at the corner of 3rd road and Pattaya Klang. I've not been, but looks great:

http://legendspoolpattaya.com/

I prefer AC, but there's a few big pool hall type of places on Walking Street. Open air, but lots of tables.

There is "Shoot Pool", at ground floor of Center Condo on South Road. They have 6 tables 9'.

Also "Avenue Break VIP" in The Avenue complex on 2nd Rd. They have 15 nice tables 9'

but last time I went there (for movie) I saw it was closed and in renovation...

Here is a link about some Pattaya Pool places: http://www.pattayaunlimited.com/shoot-pool-pattaya/

BTW do you know which of these places are "No Smoking" ?

Sad that I have a pool place just in my condo but never use it because of the too many smokers sad.png

• Like 1

There is "Shoot Pool", at ground floor of Center Condo on South Road. They have 6 tables 9'.

Also "Avenue Break VIP" in The Avenue complex on 2nd Rd. They have 15 nice tables 9'

Here is a link about some Pattaya Pool places: http://www.pattayaunlimited.com/shoot-pool-pattaya/

Sad that I have a pool place just in my condo but never use it because of the too many smokers sad.png

I forgot about the place in The Avenue. Played there about a year ago. Quite nice. If you head out to 2nd road and go right about 50M or so, there's a place with quite a few tables in the back. Can't remember the name...but we got there around 3pm and it wasn't open.

I'm pretty sure Mega Break is non-smoking.

• Like 1

I forgot about the place in The Avenue. Played there about a year ago. Quite nice. If you head out to 2nd road and go right about 50M or so, there's a place with quite a few tables in the back. Can't remember the name...but we got there around 3pm and it wasn't open.

I'm pretty sure Mega Break is non-smoking.

Do you mean Tims Bar? A bar and a couple of seats open to Second Road, GoGo style inside then a large separate pool playing area through the back with an entrance off the side soi.

• Like 1

Tims bar it is! Thanks! Have you ever played there? Is it any good? Just curious...quite a few tables for sure.

I think about 6 years ago.....

Funnily enough had not been in for a few years but was bar wandering on Sat night and one of the others suggested trying it as also had not been in for a while. I noticed that a couple of the tables were being used but by no means busy.

Not sure if drink prices same as in the go go part - 75 baht for draught, 105 for a bottle of Leo and 130 for Singha.

We ended up playing some pool in a beer bar in a complex further down 2nd Road - completely random selection

Tims bar it is! Thanks! Have you ever played there? Is it any good? Just curious...quite a few tables for sure.

Funnily enough had not been in for a few years but was bar wandering on Sat night and one of the others suggested trying it as also had not been in for a while. I noticed that a couple of the tables were being used but by no means busy.

Not sure if drink prices same as in the go go part - 75 baht for draught, 105 for a bottle of Leo and 130 for Singha.

We ended up playing some pool in a beer bar in a complex further down 2nd Road - completely random selection

I hope it's 130 for large bottle of Singha, a lil expensive for large if it is, that's why I like Soi 7 , 40 baht for beer small, I'm no 2 week millionaire or New Plaza is cheap also and has pool tables Edited by Dannyboy666

I hope it's 130 for large bottle of Singha, a lil expensive for large if it is, that's why I like Soi 7 , 40 baht for beer small, I'm no 2 week millionaire or New Plaza is cheap also and has pool tables

No its for the small - it is a quasi go go...........not a beer bar rolleyes.gif

• Like 1