1 year visa extension based on investment . . . ?

Hi

Your advice is appreciated, thank you! I own 2 condominiums to the value of 14,500,000. All funds were brought into Thailand from the UK by means of overseas transfers in UK sterling to two banks namely Kasikorn & Krungsri Banks.

Based on this would I qualify for a 1 year extension based on investment?

Please see attached photo taken from the Bangkok post business section earlier today!

I look forward to your response

Regards

ND

Visas are not extended only a permit to stay is extended.

It is hard to get a straight answer from immigration about extensions of stay based upon an investment of 10 million baht. They will tell it can only be a new condo and only one can be used. The rules are not clear.

See clause 2.5 B of Immigration Bureau Order 327/2557 for the requirements. And Immigration Bureau Order 138/2557 documents for extension of stay.

"no see' attached photo

Sorry, It must have been removed by the moderator. Anyway it was a clipping from yesterdays Bangkok Post business supplement regarding the I year extension of stay based on investment of no less than 10,000, 000 baht

Visas are not extended only a permit to stay is extended.

It is hard to get a straight answer from immigration about extensions of stay based upon an investment of 10 million baht. They will tell it can only be a new condo and only one can be used. The rules are not clear.

See clause 2.5 B of Immigration Bureau Order 327/2557 for the requirements. And Immigration Bureau Order 138/2557 documents for extension of stay.

Thanks for the reply! Yes you are so right that it is not clear and open to so many angles of interpretation. There was a good article in the business section of the Bangkok Post yesterday regarding it but maybe I broke some rules adding it on here, hence it was removed!

^^^^^ 26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.