Initial DNA test clears Koh Tao village headman's son of murder

webfact

It was soon swamped wit BiB, however all these 7 had to do was secure the crimescene, and they couldn't even manage that.

There were 7 on the island when the murders occurred.

There were many police later. 7 in the first few hours.

Remember we are talking about a small island with only about 15k people on it at any given time and a police force that rarely deals with anything more than drinking, fighting etc

• Like 1

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. However point stands, all they had to do is the 1 thing.

It was soon swamped wit BiB, however all these 7 had to do was secure the crimescene, and they couldn't even manage that.

Remember we are talking about a small island with only about 15k people on it at any given time and a police force that rarely deals with anything more than drinking, fighting etc

Agreed. If we know that outside influences should not be in a crime scene there is no excuse for the police not following a basic procedure.

If you did a little deeper I think you will find that that a few more serious crimes other than drinking and fighting happen on Ko Tao.

"...a police force that rarely deals with anything more than drinking, fighting etc"

cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by iReason

I don't like anything about the police investigation into this crime. It seems to have been slipshod and mishandled from the beginning. I think that the two accused will walk and some police heads will roll. In the end, we will never know what actually happened that night.

What do you mean, "We", Kemosabe? wai2.gifwai.gif

So you know what happened?

Most people do...... except for a few johns.................

• Like 2

I don't like anything about the police investigation into this crime. It seems to have been slipshod and mishandled from the beginning. I think that the two accused will walk and some police heads will roll. In the end, we will never know what actually happened that night.

What do you mean, "We", Kemosabe? wai2.gifwai.gif

So you know what happened?

Most people do...... except for a few johns.................

LOL

Hmmmm what happened to ignore?

I love it when people claim to know what happened and who was involved solely on the basis of conspiracy theories.

Like when you claimed to know of how long it takes to get from Ko Tao to a airport?

Pot kettle black!

I made a mistake 3rd beer did me in :)

You asked for an apology and I gave one. Beige.

Ha ha. I know the feeling. I like to berate you Jd but it's all good fun and these threads wouldn't run so far if we all agreed.

Like when you claimed to know of how long it takes to get from Ko Tao to a airport?

Pot kettle black!

I made a mistake 3rd beer did me in smile.png

You asked for an apology and I gave one. Beige.

Ha ha. I know the feeling. I like to berate you Jd but it's all good fun and these threads wouldn't run so far if we all agreed.

Tell me about it. sad.png

• Like 1

Beam me up scotty..15k on the island sorry it's 3k. The police are dealing with themselves drinking,collecting for their retirement fund and god know's, don't want to know.

JD, hotel rooms are not people.

Really?

People are people. That includes the official population. The workers. The migrant workers. The foreign workers. The tourists.

Hence up to 15000 at any given time.

JD, hotel rooms are not people.

Really?

People are people. That includes the official population. The workers. The migrant workers. The foreign workers. The tourists.

Hence up to 15000 at any given time.

Mmm that reminds me of a song "people are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully" ;)

Sorry mods!

Edited by DarloKnight

catsanddogs, on 01 Nov 2014 - 09:38, said:

Trust the good old Daily Mail to tell it like it is smile.png

Looking at the photos taken when the son was DNA tested (again!) recently, I'm somewhat intrigued as to the amount of time it must take national police chief Somyot Poompanmoung to pin all the paraphernalia onto his shirt every day - always assuming he has a clean shirt every day.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

Looking at the photos taken when the son was DNA tested (again!) recently, I'm somewhat intrigued as to the amount of time it must take national police chief Somyot Poompanmoung to pin all the paraphernalia onto his shirt every day - always assuming he has a clean shirt every day.

And I bet when he does pin those medals on his shirt each morning the very last thing he would ever be concerned with is what some silly farang's opinion happens to be.

Cheers

And I bet when he does pin those medals on his shirt each morning the very last thing he would ever be concerned with is what some silly farang's opinion happens to be.

Cheers

raspberry !

littlebw, on 31 Oct 2014 - 10:24, said:

I think it is time that any residents on Koh Tao to tell anything they know about that night - i know they wont tell the RTP due to mistrust but surely an appeal could be put out with an free english number to phone ( surely the parents / lawyers could do this)

I cannot understand why there is no conclusive evidence showing nomsod on the island( photos , witnesses seeing him in bar etc)

I am hoping that all British witnesses have told the police in england

I cannot understand why there is no conclusive evidence showing nomsod on the island( photos , witnesses seeing him in bar etc)

The island residents will never talk, and I think we all know the reason why. As for the tourists, they may not have known who he was and therefore won't realise the significance if any photos exist.

I think it is time that any residents on Koh Tao to tell anything they know about that night - i know they wont tell the RTP due to mistrust but surely an appeal could be put out with an free english number to phone ( surely the parents / lawyers could do this)

The island residents will never talk, and I think we all know the reason why. As for the tourists, they may not have known who he was and therefore won't realise the significance if any photos exist.

What an exceedingly convenient explanation. Absolutely every single person living on the island will never talk. The friends of the victims aren't talking either. All out of fear or ignorance....

Some posters have been speculating on how long it would take to get from KT to Samui, right in a fast speedboat, and they are, usually twin 250 hp, you would get to Samui in under half an hour.

Fifteen mins to airport motorbike taxi and 6 pm flight , Bkk 7.20, college by 8.30.

Very do able indeed .

Why bib not check passenger list for that morn, also ask for the cctv footage from airport, scared what they might find, ok UK police you ask ,or is that asking for too much.

I believe though that it was reported that the speedboat was spotted further up the coast near Chompon, it had actually gone into a bay a turned out again as they spotted Pol on the shore.

Im only stating what was reported in the media at the time.

By dismissing all the other evidence , which most of us are aware of , the thai bib are making complete ................. of themselves, thats on a global perspective now , and yes channel 4 investigators would be welcome.

Koh Tao to Samui: 70km, can you point me to a passenger speed boat that does over 150km/h? rolleyes.gif

didn't you know ? its one of those F1 racing boats... LOL

but in all serious, a little over an hour is quite achievable on calm seas, (34nm) even doing it in two hours is a rather sedate 17kts, so you only looking for a boat that can do 25-30kts

30 minutes no way, a little over an hour certainly...thumbsup.gif

I HAVE A JET SKI 750 YAM WAVE RUNNER, i can do it in half hour !!!!

What an exceedingly convenient explanation. Absolutely every single person living on the island will never talk. The friends of the victims aren't talking either. All out of fear or ignorance....

Out of fear? Do you mean the people on the island or the friends of victims?

Neither make any sense

Neither make any sense

Neither does that, who did you mean please answer the question who did you mean with regards to fear?