MEdu or MEduA at KKU/MSU

Has anyone studied a Masters Degree in Education or Education Administration in Thailand?

I'm interested in knowing what the workload is like, and how much support for English speakers there is.

If I studied, It'd probably be via Maha Sarakham University or Khon Kaen University. Although I'm also interested in opinions from people who studied at other universities in Thailand as well (Or even ppl who studied other subjects).

I'm still not sure how interested in studying I am, as although I have a few good reasons to study, I'm a bit intimidated by the potential workload (But don't know how much work is actually required lol). But it's something I've been thinking about maybe doing in the next year or two in my quest for continued personal development.

I've got Thai colleagues/friends who have studied their masters in these fields, so will talk to them as well, but I'm looking for a western perspective.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have completed a M.EduA in www.aeu.edu.my The courses are conducted by ex- University Malaya lecturers. It is a two-year course with 14 courses and a final semester thesis. The course subjects are listed on university websites. If you are interested, please PM me and I can share my past works with you. I scored a good CGPA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the kku area is a better choice for the westerner...

I'd be living in an amphur town in RoiEt, teaching during the week, and commuting on the weekends to study. I previously taught in Sarakham, and speak pretty decent Thai, so there would probably be my preference particularly as it's closer (1h vs 2h drive) & I know the town better (Although KKU has a better reputation/ranking, so I'll also look into there, although the main requirement will more be simply whether each university offers the course I want to do or not).

I'm primarily looking for a university I can attend in person for now, rather than online (An online degree would just feel weird for me), but I might look into online options if the local universities aren't able to offer the course I'm after.

Friends who have done the on-line experience, all say the same thing...don't.. once they get trapped into it they feel forced...too much time and money invested. Doing Grad work on line might be a challenge especially with group project..imagine the communication issues and responsibility areas.. Go old style.. face to face.

I mention the KKU area due to the western foods and options in living choices. A weekend of study, but you have your evening, and KK is a better option to have an evening on the town.. With your Thai skills, you will find what you like.

Another issue I'm sure you have considered this.. is the quality of instruction.. your teachers, may be the Ph.Ds from abroad, and some maybe cool and some.. well not so cool. Just off the cuff, I would imagine KKU would have more experience with the international student.

Good luck with your quest.. On-line seems fast and easy, but in the end, chasing down a classmate to finish up part of the team project is a bear.