Rental complaint !

Jungle Jim

Rented a very small but nice place last year for 4000 baht a month. Came with hot shower , cable tv , air-con, frig , bed and wi-fi. Called her about three times to make sure the place was still open for rent for 4000 a month and the place had working wi-fi. After ten long hours of travel arrived to suddenly find out she wanted 6000 baht. As the story goes and is likely true since i have heard of this before. A dumb foreigner with bar girl in tow offered to pay 7000 baht so the rental XXXX felt it was fair to raise it to 7000. But because of my long and tiring journey she was doing me a favor by only raising the rent to 6000 baht a month. Found a superior large home two blocks away for 4000 a month. Noticed over the past three weeks not a single place totaling ten has been rented from her. Anyone have this same experience before ?

Edited by Rooo
Changed title & edited tet to comply with Forum Rules.

It always tends to be some dumb ass foreigner with his bar girl that comes along and everything changes for the worse. Have seen it happen time and time again. Besides there are just too many foreign drunks that just tend to really piss off the locals. She was nuts to think she could raise the rent from more than fifty percent from six months ago. I guess what i found most disturbing is that she lied knowing i had traveled for ten hours from my other home and i asked her on three different times. My gut feeling was something seemed off. If you ask me it is just stupid Thai logic. Her place still sits empty as of today. Would love to post the name just to warn others as i have with numerous hotels and restaurants to avoid. Hopefully she might get it after the bank takes everything back.

Yeah, it's an odd business attitude that some landlords have; they would rather a place sat empty than lower the rent even for a short term tenant.

It always tends to be some dumb ass foreigner with his bar girl that comes along and everything changes for the worse. Have seen it happen time and time again. Besides there are just too many foreign drunks that just tend to really piss off the locals. She was nuts to think she could raise the rent from more than fifty percent from six months ago. I guess what i found most disturbing is that she lied knowing i had traveled for ten hours from my other home and i asked her on three different times. My gut feeling was something seemed off. If you ask me it is just stupid Thai logic. Her place still sits empty as of today. Would love to post the name just to warn others as i have with numerous hotels and restaurants to avoid. Hopefully she might get it after the bank takes everything back.

To be fair, you can see things from her point of view. whistling.gif BTW, which town/city are we talking about?

Edited by rajyindee

The only thing i see is pure GREED. I live in a undisclosed location. The last thing i want is more foreigners where i live. Once the foreigners show up just like anywhere in Thailand the prices for everything soar, more scams, more drunk foreigners with bar girls, and yet another once peaceful cheap quiet paradise is lost.

Yeah, it's an odd business attitude that some landlords have; they would rather a place sat empty than lower the rent even for a short term tenant.