Baht Bus - Safe working load

Haydn

This morning I boarded a bart bus at the bottom os South Pattaya rd with its Junction to Second Road for Jontiem -- There were already 8 people on the bus then another came and was standing on the back. The Bart bus driver insisted that the load was not complete - proper load he insisted was 6 sitting each side and three standing at the rear making a total of 15 passengers.

Is this the authorised load for a bart Bus as I feel especially those standing at the rear could be in danger if he has to break sharply.The driver insisted that this was the load agreed between his organisation and Pattaya town hall and nothing to do with the police.

• Like 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the front wheels rise and lose contact with the road then 1 passenger is asked to get off or sit on the bonnet (hood) for better balance.

Edit to add.... A few years back I actually saw the front wheels rise from the road when a baht bus pulled away due to passenger load. Was in Rayong not Pattaya.

Edited by ThaidDown
  • Like 1

If the front wheels rise and lose contact with the road then 1 passenger is asked to get off or sit on the bonnet (hood) for better balance.

That won't happen, i have seen them so overloaded that i thought the whole backrack would break off but it didn't. Sometimes they are hanging on all sides but these things don't drive fast here and all other drivers know to stay away from them.

they should take the seats out and lay passengers horizontally for maximum bahhhhhhhhhht

Shhh. Don't tell them ... luckily they don't read Thaivisa.

neither do I.............I thought it was a comic???

If you are worried by Health & safety, limits, capacities etc, you are in the wrong country mate, wrong continent come to that.

Its full when no one else can get on, simples thumbsup.gif Safe is an entirely different thread !smile.png

I think the OP is overlooking an important place of extra capacity.

What about the front seat ... next to the driver?

There, I know that some Drivers like the 'larger' Farang passenger because, being forward of the centre of gravity, it helps balance out those in the back ... thus extra carrying capacity.

Anyone usually ride up front with the Driver?

Usually a larger passenger?

Anyone?

URGENT QUESTIONS FOR JT

Surely when talking about Baht buses, there is only one person to consult with on such delicate matters.

JT, what about it, do you ride up front, are you a larger passenger, do you get a discount for acting as ballast, which hand do you pick your nose with, why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

The public have spoken, we demand to know.

• Like 2

URGENT QUESTIONS FOR JT

Surely when talking about Baht buses, there is only one person to consult with on such delicate matters.

JT, what about it, do you ride up front, are you a larger passenger, do you get a discount for acting as ballast, which hand do you pick your nose with, why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

My imaginary legal firm ... Amsterdam, Noyes and Seinfeld (incorporated in the Duchy of Cloudcuckooland and established "whenever/whatever") has advised me to decline to comment. coffee1.gif

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

RGENT QUESTIONS FOR JT

My imaginary legal firm ... Amsterdam, Noyes and Seinfeld has advised me to decline to comment.

Nice to see JT in a light-hearted mood tonight ... thumbsup.gif

I'm sure there is significance in the Amsterdam, Noyes and Seinfeld ... though not one I can discern.

URGENT QUESTIONS FOR JT

My imaginary legal firm ... Amsterdam, Noyes and Seinfeld (incorporated in the Duchy of Cloudcuckooland and established "whenever/whatever") has advised me to decline to comment. coffee1.gif

What, not even a comment about the bird situation?xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png

• Like 2

URGENT QUESTIONS FOR JT

What, not even a comment about the bird situation?xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png

The post got edited after I picked up the quote.

The original was still funny though. I'm sort a 'less is more' kind of guy, unless, of course, you are my Bad Banker.

I remember a few years ago I got on a baht bus on beach road and at the next stop 7-8 Romanians got on. They were all women wearing full length coats and headscarves and they absolutely stunk. They looked like they had walked from Romania.

Well the Russian girls went mental on them. I couldn't understand what they were saying but they were obviously cursing and calling them a bunch of stinking pikeys.

I had to get off at the next stop the stink was just too much.

• Like 1

I remember a few years ago I got on a baht bus on beach road and at the next stop 7-8 Romanians got on. They were all women wearing full length coats and headscarves and they absolutely stunk. They looked like they had walked from Romania.

Well the Russian girls went mental on them. I couldn't understand what they were saying but they were obviously cursing and calling them a bunch of stinking pikeys.

I had to get off at the next stop the stink was just too much.

Sorry I missed that!

• Like 1

I don't use the S.T. here, I prefer to drive in relative safety. But, if I ever had the need to use one, I would most definitely NOT stand on the 'Tray' at the back, this flimsy welded construction, using small section steel would make it extremely dangerous

for anyone to stand there. Following these on many occasions, I have seen as many as 6 people standing on this 'Tray', now 6 X 50 kilo Thais = 300 Kilos !! 6x 150 kilo Foreigners ( I know thats a bit overstated) That's 900 Kilos !!!!!!! So if the thing

were to give way, it would result in people falling on to the road, and into the path of cars, trucks or whatever.

I hope this will make folks more aware of the danger here and encourage them not stand on the back of these things .

• Like 1