Naturalisation and visas before it

How does one get naturalised in Thailand? I'm not talking about the final steps with interviews in Bangkok and so on but about the three calender year taxed income and marriage to thai woman. Is it as "simple" as having three 1 year extension due to marriage to thai woman, having contributed to thai society with charity (temples etc) and have three calender years taxation on atleast 40k baht salary (work permit)?

I'm confused about the "have to stay 3 years in Thailand". Does that actually mean i can't even go on a longer holiday in Europe? Or what's the limit on how long you can stay outside Thailand and still be applicable for naturalization?

You don't have to remain in Thailand for the 3 years. You just need to be on extensions of stay for 3 continuous years or more.

This confuses me even more. One would need three calender years of paying monthly taxes on 40k or higher salary working inside Thailand. If you are not in Thailand you are not working and paying taxes which means you would have a gap in the three calender years of taxes... or am i just tired writing this 02:23 thai time?

You could leave for holidays during the 3 years. You would not be able leave for an extended period of time and be able to keep a job that would be needed to have a work permit and paying taxes.

In reality it will be much more that 3 years because you must continue to work during the approval period and still be working when it is granted.