If you are from uk what do you miss most?

anya

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend has massive chimps and has problems finding bra's that fit out here.

Understand completly  5 years & still looking for an underwear shop that stocks anything bigger than fried egg size!

Boo, kernow -

Please be SO careful with that - if this topic were to hit the Farang Girl section, we'd NEVER hear the end of the "SEEKING WHITE GIRL" posts

lol

I miss:

1) tetleys tea

2) ginsters cornish pasties

3) arkells 6x draught

4) danish bacon, bowyers pork sausages, fresh blackpudding, propper mushrooms, a decent can of Euro recipe heinz baked beans, large tomatoes, tescos bread andfree range eggs.

5) my 2000AD monthlys collection

6) cadburys cream eggs

7) the old girls sunday roasts (espcially the roast potatos)

8) frost (or snow)

9) the smell of christmas

10) proper colmans mustard

11) socks & thick jumpers

12) Angela Rippon

13) the two ronnies

14) road discipline.

15) West Ham Utd

Thats about my list..

./P

My girlfriend has massive chimps and has problems finding bra's that fit out here.

There is an outlet in Burma here that used to manufacture Triumph upper decker flopper stoppers (or was that over shoulder boulder holders?) - and cos of the sanctions there is stock somewhere wating to be picked up in local stores...Anyways, if my wife was here, i'm sure she would have helped, as it is, she's not, and i aint going thru ladies undies :o

./P

she's not, and i aint going thru ladies undies

Phazey, PM me the address of these stores, when I get a few hours spare I'll go and have a look through the stocks on your behalf.  

I promise to post news to the other forum members, in order to keep them abreast of the situation.....

Perhaps I'll find a treasure CHEST of goodies???   :o

Tunnocks Caramel Wafer biscuits...

Cereals like weetabix, shredded wheat and those square cereal things [ like the size of a postage stamp, checked pattern ]....

Decent T.V. To think, I thought it was bad back home. Now I see it was ok really :o

As a transplanted Yank that lived in the UK for about 10 years I miss my little terraced house in Brighton, a nice Sunday lunch with pub before and the EastEnders omnibus. I got to admit that even though I think that the place stinks (English people are the worst thing about Britain...the Celts are cool) I did find the place cosy...tried to explain about rastas and tea coseys to my friends in CA but they could not comprehend...

(Dr Pat Pong...open fire on that blackguard...)

just kidding around folks...

A decent pint of beer (like Harvey's Best or Wadworth's 6X) and watching the sun set in a classic English pub garden with good company. Later, going inside for some pub grub and getting shit faced 'til closing time, then that unforgettably English  / Welsh feeling of stepping outside at 11,30 pm into a howling gale and horizontal rain (snow if you live in Scotland) and running for your car. Mind you, this is a very fleeting homesickness, when you think about waking up the next day to rain streaming down the windows and council tax bills amongst the piles of junk mail lying on the doormat.

plachon...waxing lyrical about a pint of Harvey's Best? You from E. Sussex mate? Never seen Harveys outside of a 50 mile radius of Lewes.

Cheers and down the hatch...Harveys is probably the best beer south of the East Midlands (Bass, Ind Coope and Pedigree). Plenty of others north thereof...Tim Taylor's Landlord...absolute king of beers. Let's turn the thread into a brawl regarding favorite UK beers...initiated by a Yank...