PM urges public to watch out for corruption and to report to government

Lite Beer

PM urges public to watch out for corruption and to report to government

10-31-2014-10-48-55-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha urged members of the public to keep watch on corruption and to report the malpractices to the government.

BANGKOK: -- Addressing the nation in his weekly Return Happiness to the People on Friday night, the prime minister said he didn’t understand why there are still people looking for an opportunity to acquire ill-gotten gains or to get involved in corruption.

He suggested that members of the public should watch out for corruption and to treat the malpractices with disdain otherwise the government will be rendered ineffective and development projects will bog down.

The prime minister said that he is willing to accept criticism or recommendations as well as information about corruption in government bureaucracy.

He called on authorities concerned who are responsible for regulating motorcycle taxi services, passenger van services, footpath trading and other problems to not apply “neutral gear” but to carry on with their efforts.

He said he would like Thai people to realize that it is the responsibility of every individual to be mindful that they are duty-bound to participate in the development of the country, their societies or communities.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-urges-public-watch-corruption-report-government/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-01

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange responses by foreigners that think they kniw what Thai people want.

Corruption is not taking perks of the job or paying off a cop to save you picking up your license at the station.

That is corrupion that benefits all. Corruption he refers to is that which harms the country as a whole.

Thai people WANT corruption no 1.

As for getting off with a crime - if your child did something wrong that could ruin his/her life, would you act legally or do sonething to save their life. No point criticising if you would adhere to corrupt activities.

So what is the phone number or email address provided to report this corruption? I tried for 20 mins to get a taxi on Sukhumvit last night. No one wanted to put the meter on. A clown sorry policeman was there and when I asked him to ensure the taxis didnt refuse a fare or ensure the taxis put the meter on he just ignored me. When I started to film him allowing taxis to refuse fares he got pissed of and took a picture of me!!!!

Corrution runs deep, right to the bone in fact. Thats why I just laugh when there is a clampdown. Thais believe because someone in authority has said it, it will happen.

My video and others that have been posted on TV clearly show that is not the case.

The General is losing the confidence of the people because what he said he was going to do and what he is doing is polar opposites.

This country gets uglier by the day.

I cant wait for ASEAN to kick in so that then MAYBE the Thais will realise how backward they are in relation to their neighbours

Were you near Nana plaza where all the illegal activities take place in broad daylight? Maybe with a carryout?

You can't burn your cake and eat it.

"Thank you for calling the Thailand Corruption Call Center. Your call is important to us. Due to unprecedented call volume you call will be answered in....72 days. If you'd like to advance in the queue please feel free to "donate" 1,000 baht by pressing 1 now".

meantime keep wearing the bullet proof vest.w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

So what is the phone number or email address provided to report this corruption? I tried for 20 mins to get a taxi on Sukhumvit last night. No one wanted to put the meter on. A clown sorry policeman was there and when I asked him to ensure the taxis didnt refuse a fare or ensure the taxis put the meter on he just ignored me. When I started to film him allowing taxis to refuse fares he got pissed of and took a picture of me!!!!

Corrution runs deep, right to the bone in fact. Thats why I just laugh when there is a clampdown. Thais believe because someone in authority has said it, it will happen.

My video and others that have been posted on TV clearly show that is not the case.

The General is losing the confidence of the people because what he said he was going to do and what he is doing is polar opposites.

This country gets uglier by the day.

I cant wait for ASEAN to kick in so that then MAYBE the Thais will realise how backward they are in relation to their neighbours

Were you near Nana plaza where all the illegal activities take place in broad daylight? Maybe with a carryout?

You can't burn your cake and eat it.

No I was with my family at the mouth of Soi 11 and it was about 10.30pm whats your point. Are you saying that if I had a pack of beer with me (which I didnt) then that is ok for the police to neglect their job?

• Like 1

Strange responses by foreigners that think they kniw what Thai people want.

Corruption is not taking perks of the job or paying off a cop to save you picking up your license at the station.

That is corrupion that benefits all. Corruption he refers to is that which harms the country as a whole.

Thai people WANT corruption no 1.

As for getting off with a crime - if your child did something wrong that could ruin his/her life, would you act legally or do sonething to save their life. No point criticising if you would adhere to corrupt activities.

If you are Thai then it is a perfect illustration of the failings of the education system. If you are not Thai then you must be a troll.

Most educated people know the importance of "Engaging brain first before opening mouth"

Always a good philosophy I thought

• Like 1