PM urges public to watch out for corruption and to report to government

Lite Beer

There must be Zero Tolerance regarding corruption or you are just blowing smoke. You can not pick and choose what corruption you want and what you don't want. ZERO TOLERANCE is the only way. Laws also need to be enforced or you open the window for corruption. If you choose not to enforce a law then it should be removed from the books so police and others can not use it to get payoffs as they see fit.

• Like 2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange responses by foreigners that think they kniw what Thai people want.

Corruption is not taking perks of the job or paying off a cop to save you picking up your license at the station.

That is corrupion that benefits all. Corruption he refers to is that which harms the country as a whole.

Thai people WANT corruption no 1.

As for getting off with a crime - if your child did something wrong that could ruin his/her life, would you act legally or do sonething to save their life. No point criticising if you would adhere to corrupt activities.

Are you for real my Thai friend?

There is nothing strange, as you succinctly put it, about foreigners thinking they know what Thai people want (or deserve). You forget that our countries are usually way ahead of Thailand when it comes to things like democracy, the rule of law and how laws should be enforced etc etc.

There is NO CORRUPTION "...that benefits all" or any individual. If, for example, a RTP officer accepts a free burger in McDonalds, that IS CORRUPTION, plain and simple. Thailand has to get it's head around the fact that CORRUPTION is CORRUPTION no matter how big or how small.

I strongly suggest you change your way of thinking or you and this wonderful country will forever remain in the dark ages.

• Like 2

I'm terribly sorry to interrupt the bleating chorus with actual information, but...

So what is the phone number or email address provided to report this corruption? I tried for 20 mins to get a taxi on Sukhumvit last night. No one wanted to put the meter on. A clown sorry policeman was there and when I asked him to ensure the taxis didnt refuse a fare or ensure the taxis put the meter on he just ignored me. When I started to film him allowing taxis to refuse fares he got pissed of and took a picture of me!!!!

Corrution runs deep, right to the bone in fact. Thats why I just laugh when there is a clampdown. Thais believe because someone in authority has said it, it will happen.

My video and others that have been posted on TV clearly show that is not the case.

The General is losing the confidence of the people because what he said he was going to do and what he is doing is polar opposites.

This country gets uglier by the day.

I cant wait for ASEAN to kick in so that then MAYBE the Thais will realise how backward they are in relation to their neighbours

For complains about taxi services the Department of Land Transportation has the 1528 hotline

To report corruption there's the NACC (National Anti Corruption Commission) they have a website and an address.

Now, people, you may resume with the useless whining.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I’ve lost all faith in this guy , arrogant , abrasive and totally rude….he forgets he is a public servant looking after the rights etc of 70 million thais

All I see that things are slowly returning back to the shambolic ways of before all the PR clampdowns.

Another huge opportunity lost to basically a one man PR scam

Gen. Prayut is NOT A PUBLIC SERVANT. He holds the reins of power over all governmental elements that gives him the right to dictate, amend, and repeal the law. As the nation's supreme leader he is above transparency and accountability to the public, unlike a public servant. You have to appreciate the differences.

Gen. Prayut's urges should be heeded.

No one should be allowed to go unpunished for committing crimes against the People of Thailand, especially those crimes that violate the Thai Constitution that is the foundation for the Rule of Law.

Yes, thank you for your heads up on corruption reporting. I think it is a great idea to listen to the people who have elected this government.

Well anyway.....Corruption is like a cancer. If not treated it will kill you and if it doesn`t kill you then you may wish it did. Corruption in this country kills honest hard working Thais, (or puts them in jail). If not treated then you don`t have much to govern. So I commend you for seeing the need to stop this cancer.

I have a problem with a number of police officers that I would like to bring to your attention. I imagine they are employed by your government so this may be a good opportunity, and a heads up, on what is going down around Thailand. (only a little humor intended)

Do you have any idea what these dishonest law enforcement so called police, do to this country. I am a farang so possibly I cannot lodge a complaint but I think you will be interested to hear this story.

Please give us details on where I may send this information. Or just stay tuned and the story will unfold in due course.

I’ve lost all faith in this guy , arrogant , abrasive and totally rude….he forgets he is a public servant looking after the rights etc of 70 million thais

All I see that things are slowly returning back to the shambolic ways of before all the PR clampdowns.

He's certainly not a public servant - public servants are generally voted into power. He's a dictator who took power from a democratically elected government (like it or not).

• Like 1

He's certainly not a public servant - public servants are generally voted into power. He's a dictator who took power from a democratically elected government (like it or not).

So get over it already...

L<ets see mr PM, Reporting corruption, first , OMG THE POLICE, , second any official who has dealings with anyone who wants something. That shouyld keep you busy for at least a decade, unless of course I get imprisoned for defamation or worse, but then the whole world knows about Thai corruption and you are seriously asking major companies to relocate their head offices here. Maybe you think they should but they do actually think.

You have to be joking, no way will a Thai risk being fingered for squealing on some hi-so (or low-so for that matter), the payback could very well be very nasty. Sometimes the consequences are beyond the control of the police or government. We see there consequences being played out everyday on the front pages of the rags and broadsheets.

Additionally, and I've quoted this before : The Bangkok Post carried out a poll a couple of years back (involving several thousand people), asking the question on whether they believe corruption is acceptable ? 70% of participants came back and said that they accepted corruption as long as they as an individual received a benefit. How can you beat a national mindset like that ? I don't think this opinion would have changed much just because we have a usurping military government holding the reins.

Corruption is not taking perks of the job or paying off a cop to save you picking up your license at the station.

That is corrupion that benefits all. Corruption he refers to is that which harms the country as a whole.

As for getting off with a crime - if your child did something wrong that could ruin his/her life, would you act legally or do sonething to save their life. No point criticising if you would adhere to corrupt activities.

Are you for real my Thai friend?

There is nothing strange, as you succinctly put it, about foreigners thinking they know what Thai people want (or deserve). You forget that our countries are usually way ahead of Thailand when it comes to things like democracy, the rule of law and how laws should be enforced etc etc.

There is NO CORRUPTION "...that benefits all" or any individual. If, for example, a RTP officer accepts a free burger in McDonalds, that IS CORRUPTION, plain and simple. Thailand has to get it's head around the fact that CORRUPTION is CORRUPTION no matter how big or how small.

I strongly suggest you change your way of thinking or you and this wonderful country will forever remain in the dark ages.

Johnniey, are you for real ? Corruption is corruption whatever scale it may be being carried out on. Taking unsanctioned job perks IS corruption. Paying off a cop IS corruption. One act of corruption leads to a further act of corruption. Corruption acts like a snow-ball rolling down a hill, it gets bigger as it goes.

I am afraid your morality barometer is reading a bit low today.

Quote: That is corruption that benefits all.

Beggars belief!!

With this mindset, what chance is there, really??

/Mod Edit:

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Edited by Jai Dee
large font changed, no post content changes

Now where do I start ????

How about all those at the top who have assets not commensurate with their official salaries such as army generals for example ?

Of sorry we're not to jump to conclusions over things like that and that's official from the man himself.

Indeed. Or looking at those who seem to have unusual wealth, opulence,and make investments or spend huge amounts which seem to be much higher than their declared assets would suggest they could. And not chosen for investigation due to who they support politically, which family they are from, or who they are mates with.

Dream on.

• Like 1

Do you think he actually believes this horseshat that he spouts?

Sadly, yes. I'm pretty sure that the army really do think that they are saving the nation, just like the PDRC really did think that the D in their name belonged there and hadn't just got lost on the way home from the pub and wandered into their organization entirely by accident. It's a lot easier to tell lies which you really believe are true than to tell lies which you know are false. And it's an unfortunate feature of human psychology that it's not that hard to convince yourself that a lie is true, especially when you make certain that it's impossible for you to hear any dissenting voices.

Edited by Zooheekock

If you are Thai then it is a perfect illustration of the failings of the education system. If you are not Thai then you must be a troll.

how racist can you get? The 2hile Thai nation is uneducated acc. To you. Pathetic.

Yes that generalization that all Thai people are uneducated is rubbish. Just like the generalization that all Thai people want corruption No 1.

What has happened to the human trafficking claims? No finger pointing yet? Has all officials copped up with their Investments and net worth? Nepotism of board members by way of military appointments?

If these simple things like the nose on your face are being avoided, then what hope is there for stamping out corruption in a society that believes some people have rights above the law and the country they live in.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you are Thai then it is a perfect illustration of the failings of the education system. If you are not Thai then you must be a troll.

how racist can you get? The 2hile Thai nation is uneducated acc. To you. Pathetic.

Actually, I would have to say that YOU, Johnniey, are the troll. albeit borderline. The fact that a farang has the "audacity" to point to the failings of the Thai educational system is not racist, it is one person's opinion of your system...an opinion that is, unfortunately, shared by many. Whatawonderfulday was NOT saying that the "2hile" (maybe you meant "whole"? Not that that would be indicative of the failings of the educational system...the fact that you can't spell?) Thai nation is uneducated. Just that the educational system needs reform and improvement. And if you actually believe that it is OK for anyone to attempt to manipulate the legal system to get their relative free of a murder charge, then perhaps you need some additional education in morality, compassion, human decency, and ethics. Also, to voice the moronic opinion that "Thai people WANT corruption" is a pathetic evaluation of your own people, and a condemnation of your own country, out of your own mouth. I, as a farang, happen to have a higher opinion of the morals and ethics of Thai people than you apparently do. I do not think that Thai people WANT corruption. I think they want a system that treats them fairly, that does not yield to corruption on anyone's part, at ANY level, and that does not allow money or position to exclude anyone from justice. Your attitude, my "friend", is a pathetic example of the attitude that has held Thailand back for so long, and that desperately needs to be expunged. OBTW...from the Merriam Webster dictionary of the English language: "corruption: dishonest or illegal behavior, especially by powerful people (such as government officials or POLICE OFFICERS [emphasis mine])." You might want to invest in an English language dictionary and refer to it before attempting to lecture native speakers on the meaning of a word. And just for your added information...corruption does NOT benefit all. It HARMS all by corrupting the nation's morals, and destroying its reputation, as corruption has done to Thailand. Justice denied to one, regardless of how small an instance, is justice denied to all.

what a nerve you have criticising mt Engkish skills. Could you have tuis conversation in written Thai? I dont believe. So you probably live in Thailand abd are not educated. My 4 year old grandson can write. Fatrang have no tights in Thailand because a little for the fact they are not educated.

Thai have democracy with a head of statre having the fibal word. Thais make laws and enfirce them if they want.

sorry for typoos my keys is small.

Snall corruption is what Mostly Thais want. If you dont like it go home and be unhappy there.

Ok as your master carpenter said, "cast the first stone in the whitehouse"

Who here has NEVER acted corruptly?

Today I gave my traffic fine to my son in law who is a police officer and rids them.

Should I paid the police 100 baht instead of this. This is the way of Thai and I an happy.

Well, whether or not you benefit from some individual act of corruption is not really the point. And nor is the fact that the vast institutional corruption of western nations goes almost entirely unnoticed. Ultimately, corruption imposes losses on society as a whole and we all have to carry the costs of that. Yes, you can pay off the cop for some traffic violation but a country which has a properly functioning legal system is vastly preferable - to you as well as to me - to one which allows you to get away with what you can pay to get away with.

• Like 1

Ok as your master carpenter said, "cast the first stone in the whitehouse"

Who here has NEVER acted corruptly?

Today I gave my traffic fine to my son in law who is a police officer and rids them.

Should I paid the police 100 baht instead of this. This is the way of Thai and I an happy.

I think you mean green house buddy. The whitehouse wasn't built in the time of Jesus.

Actually, I don't even think he mentioned greenhouse blink.png

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." is the actual biblical quote.

I think you are thinking of "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

I am corrupt, to answer your question and prefer it to my home country.wai2.gif

Grassing on someone else for being corrupt is against my morals.