PM urges public to watch out for corruption and to report to government

Lite Beer

Ok as your master carpenter said, "cast the first stone in the whitehouse"

Who here has NEVER acted corruptly?

Today I gave my traffic fine to my son in law who is a police officer and rids them.

Should I paid the police 100 baht instead of this. This is the way of Thai and I an happy.

I think you mean green house buddy. The whitehouse wasn't built in the time of Jesus. Do you mean phra yesu jao?

Actually, I don't even think he mentioned greenhouse blink.png

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." is the actual biblical quote.

I think you are thinking of "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

I am corrupt, to answer your question and prefer it to my home country.wai2.gif

Grassing on someone else for being corrupt is against my morals.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange responses by foreigners that think they kniw what Thai people want.

Corruption is not taking perks of the job or paying off a cop to save you picking up your license at the station.

That is corrupion that benefits all. Corruption he refers to is that which harms the country as a whole.

Thai people WANT corruption no 1.

As for getting off with a crime - if your child did something wrong that could ruin his/her life, would you act legally or do sonething to save their life. No point criticising if you would adhere to corrupt activities.

If you are Thai then it is a perfect illustration of the failings of the education system. If you are not Thai then you must be a troll.

how racist can you get? The 2hile Thai nation is uneducated acc. To you. Pathetic.

Actually, I would have to say that YOU, Johnniey, are the troll. albeit borderline. The fact that a farang has the "audacity" to point to the failings of the Thai educational system is not racist, it is one person's opinion of your system...an opinion that is, unfortunately, shared by many. Whatawonderfulday was NOT saying that the "2hile" (maybe you meant "whole"? Not that that would be indicative of the failings of the educational system...the fact that you can't spell?) Thai nation is uneducated. Just that the educational system needs reform and improvement. And if you actually believe that it is OK for anyone to attempt to manipulate the legal system to get their relative free of a murder charge, then perhaps you need some additional education in morality, compassion, human decency, and ethics. Also, to voice the moronic opinion that "Thai people WANT corruption" is a pathetic evaluation of your own people, and a condemnation of your own country, out of your own mouth. I, as a farang, happen to have a higher opinion of the morals and ethics of Thai people than you apparently do. I do not think that Thai people WANT corruption. I think they want a system that treats them fairly, that does not yield to corruption on anyone's part, at ANY level, and that does not allow money or position to exclude anyone from justice. Your attitude, my "friend", is a pathetic example of the attitude that has held Thailand back for so long, and that desperately needs to be expunged. OBTW...from the Merriam Webster dictionary of the English language: "corruption: dishonest or illegal behavior, especially by powerful people (such as government officials or POLICE OFFICERS [emphasis mine])." You might want to invest in an English language dictionary and refer to it before attempting to lecture native speakers on the meaning of a word. And just for your added information...corruption does NOT benefit all. It HARMS all by corrupting the nation's morals, and destroying its reputation, as corruption has done to Thailand. Justice denied to one, regardless of how small an instance, is justice denied to all.

what a nerve you have criticising mt Engkish skills. Could you have tuis conversation in written Thai? I dont believe. So you probably live in Thailand abd are not educated. My 4 year old grandson can write. Fatrang have no tights in Thailand because a little for the fact they are not educated.

Thai have democracy with a head of statre having the fibal word. Thais make laws and enfirce them if they want.

sorry for typoos my keys is small.

Snall corruption is what Mostly Thais want. If you dont like it go home and be unhappy there.

They you go folks....the most simple & thainess answer, If you don't like it....go home. Johnniey oh Johnniey, you just don't get it. Corruption in whatever scale is corruption, period.

As for getting off with a crime - if your child did something wrong that could ruin his/her life, would you act legally or do sonething to save their life. No point criticising if you would adhere to corrupt activities.

There is another option: Teaching your children right from wrong - so that they don't put you in a position of needing to save them from ruining their life. This starts early in life - with the small things - such as "Don't cheat at school.", etc., and later in life builds up to the bigger things, like "Don't murder your guests.", and such.

• Like 2

what a nerve you have criticising mt Engkish skills. Could you have tuis conversation in written Thai? I dont believe. So you probably live in Thailand abd are not educated. My 4 year old grandson can write. Fatrang have no tights in Thailand because a little for the fact they are not educated.

Thai have democracy with a head of statre having the fibal word. Thais make laws and enfirce them if they want.

Snall corruption is what Mostly Thais want. If you dont like it go home and be unhappy there.

This embodies the reason why Thailand will remain a developing country.

Dear General,

Some years ago the Thai military purchased hundreds of GT200 bomb detectors. Since that date not a single illegal golf ball has passed through customs. Given the success, a certain General made further purchases and despite these being exposed as toys costing $ 20 USD, more were purchased by the Thai military for 100,000's Baht.

My question is threefold.

Has anyone realised yet these are fake or to save face are they still being used?

How many golf balls have been confiscated?

I just can't recall the Generals name. Could you remind me?

This embodies the reason why Thailand will remain a developing country.

Developing?

• Like 1

"the prime minister said he didn’t understand why there are still people looking for an opportunity to acquire ill-gotten gains or to get involved in corruption."

Because how else if the average Thai to acquire 128 million baht?

The average Thai is not supposed to have that much.

They have to accept their position in life and grow rice for sustenance.. allegedly.

Motivation, debate, setting goals, improving your position?? NO NOT ALLOWED.

• Like 1

Ok as your master carpenter said, "cast the first stone in the whitehouse"

Who here has NEVER acted corruptly?

Today I gave my traffic fine to my son in law who is a police officer and rids them.

Should I paid the police 100 baht instead of this. This is the way of Thai and I an happy.

I think you mean green house buddy. The whitehouse wasn't built in the time of Jesus. Do you mean phra yesu jao?

Actually, I don't even think he mentioned greenhouse blink.png

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." is the actual biblical quote.

I think you are thinking of "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

I am corrupt, to answer your question and prefer it to my home country.wai2.gif

Grassing on someone else for being corrupt is against my morals.

According to the report in the bkk post - "PM says he can justify his wealth"

It seems the public should be reporting the PM and every single one of his cabinet members. Funny how everyone is a multi millionaire..

I guess you could explain a few having rich families but there seems to be a strange consistency in the enormous wealth of everyone involved in high ranking gov/police positions.

Assistant Police cheif Jakthip Chaijinda - 962 million baht in assets

National police chief Somyot Pumpunmuang - 355 million baht in assets

Gen Prayut 128 million baht in assets (not including a 500 million baht deposit by his generous father last year)

Well this is certainly the pot calling the kettle black. First you have warnings of prison time and fines to everybody for voicing their opinion and literally reporting that the Police force is corrupt to please it is your responsibility to voice out and let us know if there's any corruption going on. I wonder what will come tomorrow.

This is like deja vu to the statement issued on the KT investigation when a high authority in the Police force stated that he knows that they haven't done their job correctly because there wasn't any formal communication going on between all authorities involved, but he promises that they will begin communicating.

Oh, and now he states that they are willing to accept criticism when yesterday they were in a roundabout way saying that if you criticize the authorities on the KT investigation, you will get 5 years and a 100,000 THB fine.

Edited by OPG

It seems the public should be reporting the PM and every single one of his cabinet members. Funny how everyone is a multi millionaire..

I guess you could explain a few having rich families but there seems to be a strange consistency in the enormous wealth of everyone involved in high ranking gov/police positions.

Gen Prayut 128 million baht in assets (not including a 500 million baht deposit by his generous father last year)

And these are only declared assets. How much is undeclared?

Would be very interesting to see what the majority of ordinary Thais think of these numbers. How much longer can this go on?

Edited by phuketandsee
  • Like 2

Dear Mr. Prayut, I want to report all the cabinet members for being unusual rich, for the jobs they have done before.

Than I want to report a microphone purchase, the Shinawatra family (specially look at the airport) and of course it can't be wrong to look into the bank accounts of all the top police and military leaders.

Would be very interesting to see what the majority of ordinary Thais think of these numbers. How much longer can this go on?

Problem is they have been raised to expect it!

maybe one of the reasons there is so much repressed anger here.

If the love of money is the root of all evil, then it stands to reason that a General with 128 million baht in his back pocket most likely aint a saint.

Confess and it shall set you free.

You forgot the 500m daddy deposited for him last year.

So you can raise that to 628m.. plus any left over from his salary...

No mention of a reward for offering up info which leads to arrest and or conviction?

Isn't it customary to bait a trap?

Good point. There is also no mention of protection for whistle blowers. Report your local influential figure for corruption and end up dead in a ditch knowing that the wrong person will be fitted up for your murder to protect the guilty. I don't think so. Without rewards and meaningful protection for whistle blowers and witnesses this is just more hot air. Business as usual boys. Carry on.

• Like 2

I think this is already out of date (SET Trade shows at least one of the above has recently doubled his fortune)...

post-41405-0-46913400-1414846104_thumb.j