DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

Does it make your life better blame innocent people on internet.

You stated a few posts earlier that you didn't know who was responsible for the crimes. Now you claim you know who is innocent. Which is it? I think I know your answer, because you've already made it clear you want the headman's family cleared of all wrongdoing.

I want all the evidence out in the open. I understand Thai officials can't reveal all they know at this time, but they have already revealed a lot. And much of what they've revealed indicates either cover-up and/or shielding the headman's friends and family.

Here are some of many indications:

>>>> dropping Mon and Nomsod as suspects merely because there were other suspects arrested (and forced to sign admissions of guilt under coercion). Mon and Nomsod should still be the prime suspects for too many reasons to list here.

>>> What have we heard from Thai officials about the very important scenario in the bar(s) before the victims and suspects left to go to the beach? NOTHING. Not a peep from officials. It's as if absolutely nothing of significance happened in the bars for the hours preceding the crime.

>>> Thai officials NOT sharing DNA data with Brit experts who, even as just observers, should be allowed to see such key evidence. In a word, it's RUDE.

>>> CSI LA and other online sites may be quieting down because they don't have pertinent info to post at this time. It's been said before, much if not most of CSI-type evidence may be moot. That's ok. If only 1 or 2% of the info they post (which Thai officials either don't have or don't want anyone to see) is useful to finding and convicting the real murderers/rapists, then CSI and others are doing a great job.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Like said very new.

Ive falloved this forum from its beginning. But after reading these false accusations and made up theories. I felt have to say something.

Could say i have vested interest here.

I have busines it hasnt suffered , i have friends here they have and i dont like when it gets out of hand.

One thinkg i noticed. People here were asking people from koh tao to comment , tell what they think ,soon someone has said something positive of tao it gets tvisted or poster will be jusged of seeker of its own benefit.

Im pretty shure my visit here stays quite short. With all respect its worse then women here gossiping about everyday life.

Just a question? Is it bad to try and defend place u live ? Or people who you know,who are falsely accused?

Where im from its teached in school and allready before school at home old ma teached that if u not shure keep your mouth shut.

You could say that to the rtp who themselves told everyone.

We have arrested one ( Mon) with enough evidence to convict.

One more left the island this morning, we are hunting him and should have an arrest soon.

We think there are at least 3 suspects, and possibly more.

Every picture, every theory has come from the police themselves.

SEPTEMBER 23rd.- Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen:

"The police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested."

This is the country which had an official policy, from the highest levels of government, of dealing with the swollen Chao Praya river (a few years ago) in the following manner: Tether little boats to bridges, with prow of boats heading upstream. Turn on engines. We (the dumbass public) were told those little boat propellers would hasten the flood water flowing to the sea.

I mention that to indicate how some Thai officials are either dumb as door nails, or expect us, the public, to be. At the time of the flood-relief propeller policy, did anyone speak up to say it was unscientific, ineffective, wasteful of fossil fuels, and polluting? No. Because when you're a member of Thai officialdom, from the highest to the lowest levels, YOU NEVER QUESTION WHAT A HIGHER UP SAYS OR DOES. This is particularly true within military ranks and, in case you haven't noticed, Thailand is currently run by un-elected military men.

That same dynamic is in evidence here in the Ko Tao crime investigation. Even if one or a hundred policemen suspected something wasn't right with the investigation. NOT ONE WOULD HAVE THE TEMERITY TO SAY A WORD ABOUT IT. The first rule of joining Thai bureaucracy is: NEVER ROCK THE BOAT.

• Like 1

Thanks. Like said very new.

Ive falloved this forum from its beginning. But after reading these false accusations and made up theories. I felt have to say something.

Could say i have vested interest here.

I have busines it hasnt suffered , i have friends here they have and i dont like when it gets out of hand.

One thinkg i noticed. People here were asking people from koh tao to comment , tell what they think ,soon someone has said something positive of tao it gets tvisted or poster will be jusged of seeker of its own benefit.

Im pretty shure my visit here stays quite short. With all respect its worse then women here gossiping about everyday life.

Islandlife, I'm sure you're a decent character as most posters here. However, you frequently let yourself down with your insensitivity and abrasiveness.

In this post for example, you compare the brutal rape and murder of two young lives with women gossiping about everyday life. If you don't get my drift, then you are a lost cause.

There may be some false accusations flying around but there aren't any made up (or conspiracy) theories. All these theories that have surfaced that cast doubts as to the guilt of the B2 were promulgated by the police themselves, by their press releases, by their "silence" on other matters and by their lack than stellar crime scene controls and re-enactments. All these theories have the weight of "circumstantial" evidence behind them, that's why there are still floating around.

• Like 1

So, Thailandchilli has one source, a new poster who picked a name attempting to mock.

I had no instructors on Koh Tao. I know a few dive masters there. I also know people with restaurants and a couple of professionals.

Hardly a "vested interest" on my part on the island.

As for people who actually go, and diving.

http://www.alexinwanderland.com/

Note when Alex was last there... Oh.. Absent tourists? No

Edited by jdinasia

I haven't lied. The same cannot be said about others.

Not having lied and not giving an honest answer are two different things.

I tend to answer all topical queries. I answer them honestly. Again the same cannot be said about others.

So what's keeping these 2nd set of results then?

Not matching ??

Which second set?
The second set from the accused that the PM said could be done
AFAIK the defense team declined.

According to the conspiracy theorists, that means they are guilty for refusing a npn-mandatory test.

I have just arrived in back in Bangkok and saw this posting.

Has this made the news here other than The Drummers site?

xD4Rg9m

I am seriously starting to concern about the safety of my missus here. It's actually shocking that this was kept quiet.

It received zero coverage at the time I know that. I would have flipped reading this.

Is this becoming so easily covered up that the embassy complies with the Thai government wishes which it effectively does when not making such things public knowledge.

Poster; unconvinced's post #876 should be read by everyone interested in this topic. It states some of the reasons the police's reputation has gone through the floor boards. The cops started out reasonably well, by following where the evidence led, and pursuing leads. After a few days, the headman and his friends and family (seeing where the evidence was leading) shifted in to emergency mode (which probably included paying money and calling in favors and possibly berating one or two police brass) ....then the investigation quickly faltered, lost its direction, fluffed its sails, and went in a whole wrong direction with its complete focus on the Burmese scapegoats.

The Burmese will be let loose, but that would just be a partial victory for those of us who want justice. When the Burmese are let go for lack/perversion of evidence, the case will quickly and quietly devolve to being yet another of a long string of unsolved cases in Thailand. It can be added to the two farang women couples on Phi Phi, to the farang woman at Krabi (who purportedly drowned in 3 inches of sea water), Kirsti Jones in Chiang Mai, and a string of others.

If Thai police were a slalom ski team, they would barely get out of the gates, and then crash.

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 1

So, Thailandchilli has one source, a new poster who picked a name attempting to mock.

I had no instructors on Koh Tao. I know a few dive masters there. I also know people with restaurants and a couple of professionals.

do any of these dive masters restaurants and proffessionals have connections with Nomsod and his family ?

maybe not a vested interest in the business/financial sense, but most certainly a connection to people who most certainly have a vested interest.

Certainly under general commercial law this could be seen as a possible conflict of interest as the connection is there...wink.png

No, it couldn't. See the definition. No personal gain for me.

AFAIK the defense team declined.

According to the conspiracy theorists, that means they are guilty for refusing a npn-mandatory test.

No one is saying that except you. Most of us know the Burmese are not guilty. Giving them a 3rd test by Thai authorities would prove nothing. How is it 3 tests, you may ask?

>>> first test must have been part of the 200 Burmese which Thai cops rounded up and got mandatory DNA samples from (all the while, untouchable rich boy Nomsod was refusing to provide DNA). None of the Burmese, according to police, had a match with crime scene.

>>> The 2nd test of the Burmese 2 was processed quite quickly, and supposedly showed a match. If you believe that's really true, I've got some hair-growing oil to sell you. It's only Bt.30,000 for a little bottle, and I guarantee you get more hair in 3 months. I'll leave my tel# on the bottle label.

>>> 3rd, 4th, 10th test of the Burmese scapegoats, ....doesn't matter. If the crime scene DNA is corrupted or mislabeled, then everything compared to it is moot. ...and of course, none of the headman's family's DNA would match either. How convenient.

I'd sure like to hear from Brit officials on these issues, but I guess they're taking their sweet time.

• Like 1

maybe not a vested interest in the business/financial sense, but most certainly a connection to people who most certainly have a vested interest.

Certainly under general commercial law this could be seen as a possible conflict of interest as the connection is there...wink.png

How do we know that, I can question your honesty as much as you have called me a liar and not apologised

How do we know that, I can question your honesty as much as you have called me a liar and not apologised

You can question. I,however, did not lie.

Since you did lie about me, don't expect an apology

Edited by jdinasia

Absolute bs and speculation with out eny of the facts.

He the brother never really was a subject ,for litle while that day bcase of mis understandment of comment from mr mcanna "he did it"

who him self also has said that he didnt mean the murders he meant if he dies that night in supermarket its guys in picture who did .

Why they were chacing him ,was bcase he went to ac bar fumingly drunk after week bender and after all thiss has happened shouting all sorts of accusation and when the brother said u seem to have something to hide we know u have blood in your hands wich they had been told by worker of some other bar at other end of beach, that he had asked for help clean blood and had similar cuts. after that situation at night he run a way from ac and thai boys thought he accidently panicked and confessed.thats when was calling to sky news ,i find it weird if you think you gonna get killed is it news u want call first????

Later thought its cleared that he got hes injuries day before murders,similar cuts thought then david and he said got them by motorbike???

Why u think that sean mcanna been quiet since ,does he have something to hide or is he just a nother false story,attension seeker??

Ive not seen single video of nomsod been in koh tao and if you really think someone local here could bribe everyone all the way to top u are truly delucional.

I dont know what happened but know for 100 % shure brother have nothing else to do with case then last bungalow of hes resort is 50 m away from crime scene and that nomsod really was in Bk.

U can tvist it as much u guys want but its the truth.

You assert that the police pursuit of Nomsod and others related to him was caused only by the earlier confusion about whether Sean McAnna's text message about "who did it" was referring to who did the original crime or who was threatening to kill Sean. McAnna later says that he meant the latter, but before he left the island there was reason to believe that he knew something about the mafia on Koh Tao and possibly about the murders, and at the same time the police were coming up empty. And yet he was given safe passage off the island and out of the country with no further word of inquiry and no suggestion he'd be needed as a witness.

The police then announced they had arrested Mon, and were pursuing the headman's son (i.e. Nomsod) who had fled the island and was hiding in Bangkok. Pol-LtGen Panya said "both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders." And that they would also nail the people who helped him escape. Police did not mention anyone's allegations, nor the ravings of the departed McAnna; they referred to evidence they had collected and examined.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

The next day they released Mon after interrogating him and his brother the headman. Presumably Mon offered some explanation for his presence on CCTV, or convinced the police that it wasn't him. And Mon was saying Sean should be a suspect instead. But the headman was quoted as saying he could not contact his son and did not know whether he had a hand in the killings!

What would naturally follow all that would be an arrest and questioning of Nomsod, thorough investigation of his phone and plane records, etc, investigation of the speedboat escape and friends of Nomsod also missing from the island, but instead the very next day, police announced that Nomsod had some evidence that he'd been in Bangkok and all further inquiries and pursuit of leads regarding that family ceased.

Are you claiming that neither of these guys were on CCTV, that the police announced them as prime suspects with certainty and evidence, but were in fact mistaken and/or misquoted by Thai PBS, The Nation and Khaosod, and/or had been misled by one text message of a Scotsman they'd already deemed irrelevant?

Are you claiming that the police satisfied themselves with Nomsod's alibi without arresting him (their declared prime suspect) and by some other means of investigation literally overnight (from Sep 24 to Sep 25)? So that, just like you, the police don't know what happened but suddenly became 100% sure these two guys were not involved?

What a great post!

Thanks for that.

• Like 1

@ unconvinced.

It wasnt never Nomsod who they were after it was second man in sean's picture posted to fb next to Mon.who had left koh tao next morning when these alledged threats happened. All these comments were made by that time by meny difrent policeman at time bcase there was no real spokes man so when all them was commenting all tryed get honor of it so meny stories got mixed till they got bull from hornes announced that new appointed leader of investigation will be only one commenting after that point.

Like i said far as i know , mon was tested that day of hes dna and was never locked up wasnt running or hiding and why would of him he never did nothing wrong.

What comes to Sean he had lived in island dressed as pirate jack sparrow for 8 months 2 years ago and had to leave island bcase unpaid bar tabs etc. He come back day before those murders, to even think he would have real knowledge about island and its people is funny bcase no one really liked him and for people living here he was more like village idiot a joke whom people would bet how long and hes gone again . No one would of trust him with bar tab or listen really bcase we all new what kind of fruitcase we talking. That Andrew Drummond also can be talked as journalist he was like police that time . Each day new theory..

One thing i say even sounding defensive tovards Mon when western people arranged memorial for Hannah and David there was all the expakts of island and few thais one of them was Mon amongst all ,he come bring flower lighted insest stick. Stayed there with us.

Local thais did same thing day before with munks he was there 2. There would of been no need him come our memorial but yet he come .

• Like 1

Conflict of interest doesn't always infer personal gain for the person..

@ unconvinced.

It wasnt never Nomsod who they were after it was second man in sean's picture posted to fb next to Mon.who had left koh tao next morning when these alledged threats happened. All these comments were made by that time by meny difrent policeman at time bcase there was no real spokes man so when all them was commenting all tryed get honor of it so meny stories got mixed till they got bull from hornes announced that new appointed leader of investigation will be only one commenting after that point.

Like i said far as i know , mon was tested that day of hes dna and was never locked up wasnt running or hiding and why would of him he never did nothing wrong.

What comes to Sean he had lived in island dressed as pirate jack sparrow for 8 months 2 years ago and had to leave island bcase unpaid bar tabs etc. He come back day before those murders, to even think he would have real knowledge about island and its people is funny bcase no one really liked him and for people living here he was more like village idiot a joke whom people would bet how long and hes gone again . No one would of trust him with bar tab or listen really bcase we all new what kind of fruitcase we talking. That Andrew Drummond also can be talked as journalist he was like police that time . Each day new theory..

One thing i say even sounding defensive tovards Mon when western people arranged memorial for Hannah and David there was all the expakts of island and few thais one of them was Mon amongst all ,he come bring flower lighted insest stick. Stayed there with us.

Local thais did same thing day before with munks he was there 2. There would of been no need him come our memorial but yet he come .

The person next to Mon is a local policeman, so you are saying that a local policeman was a suspect correct? If is do you believe he is a suspect now?

If im correct hes not local police man , but police man from somewhere else. Thought not shure read that Bk post that he is police man and mons friend. i believe if remember article correctly.

Interesting, yes he is indeed a policeman, its clear on his personal facebook page. Maybe this is one of the reasons the RTP decided this needs to be covered up?

• Like 1