DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not referring to you.

I have not insulted you.

Do you really believe that the Burmese 2 murdered the tourists?

I think they did. A trial will determine guilt or innocence.

"A trial will determine guilt or innocence."

Maybe.

A fair trial will determine guilt or innocence.

A trial that does not include the basic components of fairness will only determine conviction or acquittal.

If there is a trial, a bright spotlight will be on the judge and prosecutor. And many experienced observers will be making their own judgment on whether the trial was fair and the result was just.

• Like 1

I have not insulted you.

jdinasia, I really appreciate your confidence, although I don't know where the confidence stems from or if you are genuine about it.

I really really hope the B2 did it and that the police arrested the right guys.

However, if the police have made a 'mistake' and the real culprits are still out, don't really want to see another brutal murder and rape on the island along the years.

I have not insulted you.

I disagree but each to their own - thanks for answering.

• Like 1

What if the guy has 300 posts but 20+ years of living here? I think that holds more weight than thousands of posts on an internet forum.

The one thing nobody can answer is the image of the CCTV boy. The same hair, body shape, walk, and height as Nomsod yet they do not seem to be making a statement about it. If it isn't him then shouldn't they be doing everything tofind out who it is as they would be a key witness in sending down the Burmese lads?

Second point, the original copper that said the suspects were Mod and Nomsod. I do not think you would come out in public and name people on Chinese whispers theory. They must have known something, and the boat leaving early morning must have happened as they said he escaped. Who was on that boat and why was it leaving if it wasn't him? How can the investigation swing so quickly and the head of police be 'relieved' at the exact same time?

You're so completey wrong, you really think the cctv image is good enough for identification ? What was posted on CSI LA was made in photoshop, any asian slim boy, with that kind of haircut could easily match the cctv image, especially with some help from photoshop. I am sure the Brits have looked at it already .

A second autopsy may have occurred in the UK. I would not expect it to point to nor exclude any suspects.

I would expect it to attempt to pinpoint a cause of death, and to include a toxicology report.

You may 'not expect it to point to nor exclude any suspects' - yet the results of an autopsy may indeed do that - particularly when additional bits of evidence come forth. Perhaps you meant to say 'I would not want it to point to any suspects'. Because it appears you're hell-bent on shielding the headman's family from being thoroughly investigated.

I would not expect them to attempt any independent DNA testing.

Nor to attempt to investigate corruption.

Both are outside of the mandate they have.

It's clear you and JTJ would like to see UK experts hamstrung in what they can or cannot do. It fits with shielding the headman's family from any type of thorough investigation. There are not-so-clear legal protocols and there are some not-so-clear diplomatic considerations which are being dealt with. Thus far the Brits have been quiet and playing their cards close to the chest. In my view, the Brits have been too wimpish in their eagerness to avoid any Thai officials losing face. Whether the Brits will continue being so pussy-footed and allowing Thai officialdom to officially speak for them (Brits) in press conference remains to be seen. I think (and hope) Brit officials will find their voice and speak up for truth and justice - hopefully sooner than later. One dire result of not speaking up, could be the Burmese scapegoats getting found guilty and sentenced to death (all or partially due to retracting their sworn confessions).

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 1

There are sooooooo many indications of a cover-up and frame-up and shielding the headman's family by Thai top brass ....but I think perhaps the biggest proof of that was recently, just after the DNA results came forth from Nomsod, when the top cop said something like, "The British are so sure we're correct and doing a great job, that we won't even send them Nomsod's DNA results"

That would almost be comical, we're it not true.

In case anyone needs to be reminded, here's the #1 reason the DNA claims by police can't be trusted:

The DNA data taken from the victim is not reliable. As I mentioned earlier, it would be quite easy for the police to take the two DNA profiles from the Burmese scapegoats, photocopy the results sheet, and label the copy: DNA TAKEN FROM HANNAH. Who would even know, except one, two or 3 people at the top of the police investigative team? It wouldn't even need to involve a medical person.

If the DNA typing from the victim is falsely labeled, then everything that's happened with DNA since the Burmese were apprehended would fit like a glove - with Thai officialdom's scenario. It also fits with trying to keep UK experts at arm's length ('observers only') and Thai cops not sharing any DNA data with the Brits.

I said exactly what I meant.

If you don't like the realities of international law and British law, might I suggest a career change for you?

I hope you and your 2 mates are fully investiagated if these lawyers get there way and a full new investigation is launched I feel sick watching replies knowing that you may have a motive and are assisting in trying to get these young boys jailed.

Why don't you read back over every post from when this has started you and your 2 mates have tried your hardest to discredit other posters that are trying to get to the bottom of this.

Not once have you given support saying oh this may be wrong you just continue on an on.

What a miserable way to spend 24 hours a day and especially if these boys are proven innocent.

Have some thought for the families and the accused , it very likely this case will be proven that the young boys were scape goats and you and your 2 mates will have egg on your face.

And don't carry on about DNA start thinking about corrupt police and officials and if it is possible some thing is not right.

You and your 2 mates have not gone unoticed and should be really carefull if you are protecting families people will want to why.

• Like 2

What if the guy has 300 posts but 20+ years of living here? I think that holds more weight than thousands of posts on an internet forum.

The one thing nobody can answer is the image of the CCTV boy. The same hair, body shape, walk, and height as Nomsod yet they do not seem to be making a statement about it. If it isn't him then shouldn't they be doing everything tofind out who it is as they would be a key witness in sending down the Burmese lads?

Second point, the original copper that said the suspects were Mod and Nomsod. I do not think you would come out in public and name people on Chinese whispers theory. They must have known something, and the boat leaving early morning must have happened as they said he escaped. Who was on that boat and why was it leaving if it wasn't him? How can the investigation swing so quickly and the head of police be 'relieved' at the exact same time?

You're so completey wrong, you really think the cctv image is good enough for identification ? What was posted on CSI LA was made in photoshop, any asian slim boy, with that kind of haircut could easily match the cctv image, especially with some help from photoshop. I am sure the Brits have looked at it already .

Yes I'm sure the Brits have looked at it, and I'm sure the Brits would indeed be able to make an identification from it, the grainy video does not hide unique walking and posture characteristics. Why has this person not been found, even if it was not Nomsod? There are other people in the same video who would have seen him, have they been questioned?

It was only a matter of a few weeks ago in one of the IS beheading videos that the FBI identified the terrorist even though he had his face and body totally concealed.

Edited by HUH
  • Like 1

Was Mr Nomsod on Koh Tao, both Sean And Chris know for sure, both are British Police witnesses

Yes I'm sure the Brits have looked at it, and I'm sure the Brits would indeed be able to make an identification from it, the grainy video does not hide unique walking and posture characteristics. Why has this person not been found, even if it was not Nomsod? There are other people in the same video who would have seen him, have they been questioned?

It was only a matter of a few weeks ago in one of the IS beheading videos that the FBI identified the terrorist even though he had his face and body totally concealed.

So did the brit cops quietly go back to england then?

No one knows, I've seen no reports on their whereabouts, guess we could start a 'real' conspiracy theory and speculate that they've been done away with by the RTP for getting to close to the real killers

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Whether or not you believe that this boy did it is down to pure speculation. Yes the RTP aren't to be trusted in most cases but condemning a man based on conjecture is no better than what we complain about with the police here anyway.

I'm not sure if I believe the lads from Myanmar are guilty or not. I just think that this investigation has been so badly run that nobody will ever agree with anything that is reported.

I, for one am not suggesting the boy did it or did not do it. What most people want is for him to be independently and transparently DNA tested - to 'eliminate him from enquiries' as we Brits like to say, and given the chain of circumstances, this can only be done by the UK police. That the police spokesman felt the need to stress that there was no need for the UK police to become involved, only tends to suggest that there most certainly is a need.

• Like 2

Whether or not you believe that this boy did it is down to pure speculation. Yes the RTP aren't to be trusted in most cases but condemning a man based on conjecture is no better than what we complain about with the police here anyway.

I'm not sure if I believe the lads from Myanmar are guilty or not. I just think that this investigation has been so badly run that nobody will ever agree with anything that is reported.

I, for one am not suggesting the boy did it or did not do it. What most people want is for him to be independently and transparently DNA tested - to 'eliminate him from enquiries' as we Brits like to say, and given the chain of circumstances, this can only be done by the UK police. That the police spokesman felt the need to stress that there was no need for the UK police to become involved, only tends to suggest that there most certainly is a need.

I think if you read again what I said you will find us in agreement. I have almost trolled Mark Kent on Twitter about our role or lack of it in this investigation. He flatly refuses to answer any relevant questions and points to statements made by the UK government. The sad fact is and its synical is this. There is no oil in it for us to make a big fuss. Justice may never be given in this and many other cases.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

An 'independent' test that was undertaken with an untainted sample of the DNA that was found on Hannah would not only reveal whether Nomsod was involved but also if any of Nomsods family was involved

• Like 1

If I were to be totally objective, I would say the cctv running man looks more like one of the Burmese than Nomsod. It has been pointed out however, that the Burmese were wearing wristbands in virtually every photo that's been published. The running man was not wearing a wristband.

There must be so many men on Koh Tao that would look similar in grainy cctv footage. I really don't buy anyone saying that running like that around 4am on Koh Tao is normal behaviour. Seriously, why would anybody be in a rush at 4am on a holiday island? In my opinion, that person was directly involved.

Also, in the early days of the investigation, I recall newspapers reporting that Mon had admitted to being the person in cctv footage. Does anyone know to which footage he was referring? (Just found the reference in BP- he was caught on the AC Bar's cctv footage. That would be quite expected since he works there. Why did the police take such an interest in this footage though?)

Edited by Tazwa
  • Like 2

Of course the Brits have never stated if they do or do not have DNA samples from the victim ( May she rest in peace) as that is not the way they operate.

I would like to think that if they have samples, that they have been able to collect samples to match them with while they were in Thailand.

That was one of the 2 main reasons for coming I believe, to "observe" DNA evidence / testing.

Bet they enjoyed the little charade last week.

Edited by changnaam

If I were to be totally objective, I would say the cctv running man looks more like one of the Burmese than Nomsod. It has been pointed out however, that the Burmese were wearing wristbands in virtually every photo that's been published. The running man was not wearing a wristband.

There must be so many men on Koh Tao that would look similar in grainy cctv footage. I really don't buy anyone saying that running like that around 4am on Koh Tao is normal behaviour. Seriously, why would anybody be in a rush at 4am on a holiday island? In my opinion, that person was directly involved.

Also, in the early days of the investigation, I recall newspapers reporting that Mon had admitted to being the person in cctv footage. Does anyone know to which footage he was referring?

Yes I remember him claiming that he had been woken up ( sorry can't find reference), but wasn't the running man believed to be wearing David's shorts?

The British Ambassador has been very active on this case believe me, that will become apparent soon.

And don't forget the disgusting quote made on his behalf by the RTP.......something again which will come back to them 10 fold.....

I think if you read again what I said you will find us in agreement. I have almost trolled Mark Kent on Twitter about our role or lack of it in this investigation. He flatly refuses to answer any relevant questions and points to statements made by the UK government. The sad fact is and its synical is this. There is no oil in it for us to make a big fuss. Justice may never be given in this and many other cases.

No, David's shorts have since been confirmed in photos at the crime scene.

Unlikely that Mon would have run to look at the crime scene at that time since it was apparently only discovered later by beach cleaners. (Well, that is of course, if you believe his family was not involved!)

Edited by Tazwa