DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks Islandlife is an account used by two people. Some of the posts are in poor English/spelling, others are articulate as you'd expect from a native English speaker. Am I off base on that?

I am dyslexic, other people just cannot spell, so do they keep quiet or have an opinion whether perfect grammar or not, Yes your off base

Methinks Islandlife is an account used by two people. Some of the posts are in poor English/spelling, others are articulate as you'd expect from a native English speaker. Am I off base on that?

Yeah , you're right. It certainly looks like that.

Native English speaking KT "diver master" on one shift, None native English speaking "Diver master" on the other, Scandinavian or similar me thinks

I do not know the truth!

Maybe there are some who suffer from MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder)?

Let's hope US together and HE brings up his highest personality to the highest and best for Thailand and the rest of the World!

I am dyslexic, other people just cannot spell, so do they keep quiet or have an opinion whether perfect grammar or not, Yes your off base

I don't think the issue is the spelling. The phrasology used is remarkably similar to how many thais speak English as a second language.

The accusation / suspicion is , as i understand it, that the posters i.d is being used by a Thai person attempting to trick us into thinking he's not Thai.

Wow, or could it be that maby i had few 2 meny drinks yesterday as dont even remember posting my last comments ...also..i do have life outside this forum..

But there is a change ...maby im just Thai trying to trick you believe im not Thai .. Or last one divided personality ...Seriously people ??

what would i gain with that.

This just getting better and better.

Wait ill make some popcorn get snacks ready .

I may have mistakenly thought 'islandlover' was two posters using the same account, but now it appears there's a poster named 'islandlife' so that would explain it.

As for not being adept at English language, ....that's ok, as long as the poster makes himself/herself reasonably well understood in English.

All types of people (with varying opinions) are encouraged to post here.

• Like 1

I may have mistakenly thought 'islandlover' was two posters using the same account, but now it appears there's a poster named 'islandlife' so that would explain it.

As for not being adept at English language, ....that's ok, as long as the poster makes himself/herself reasonably well understood in English.

All types of people (with varying opinions) are encouraged to post here.

If I've made made that same mistake I hold my hands up and i apologise.

@Jabis . Hows my posts trolling?

Oh or is that so u need thousand posts here to be accepted and to be expert of Thailand like was said earlier.

Like i said from start not been ever posting here much before as have not felt need for it and have falloved this forum from its beginning.

But on this as crazier the all threads was going and people were asking opinions of someone living island not just rumours and hear say.

But each time , after i commented there is attack or accusation of commenting bcase personal interest.

Off course all living in Koh tao wants this solved as fast as possible like meny say here we have personal interests. We have rents to pay ,kids to feed.

Like shure all of you??

That doesnt mean we have something to hide or we try make case disappear or agree whats going on with burmese . Im pretty shure moust people at island are more interested of justice been served then moust of you here.

But the fact is we know as much as you .ive have only commented based what i know ,what ive heard and how i personally think.like said probably would of been better just keep quiet.

Oh or is that so u need thousand posts here to be accepted and to be expert of Thailand like was said earlier.

Like i said from start not been ever posting here much before as have not felt need for it and have falloved this forum from its beginning.

But on this as crazier the all threads was going and people were asking opinions of someone living island not just rumours and hear say.

But each time , after i commented there is attack or accusation of commenting bcase personal interest.

Off course all living in Koh tao wants this solved as fast as possible like meny say here we have personal interests. We have rents to pay ,kids to feed.

Like shure all of you??

That doesnt mean we have something to hide or we try make case disappear or agree whats going on with burmese . Im pretty shure moust people at island are more interested of justice been served then moust of you here.

But the fact is we know as much as you .ive have only commented based what i know ,what ive heard and how i personally think.like said probably would of been better just keep quiet.

If you knew something, if you suspected somebody in Koh Tao, even if it was one of the influential people, would you tell? Would you tell the authorities? Would you tell the police, or would you keep quiet because you would fear for your safety?

That is not a trick question but would appreciate an honest reply, thanks

Like shure all of you??

Do you see me having thousands of posts? You didn't read much into my post - I was judging the personal attacks and off topic - please do not continue along the same line, as I did not point at anyone particular.

You replying to my previous post suggests you took the hook, and acknowledged it personally, thus you're implying yourself as a troll. If this is actually the case, then you should hold your comments to yourself, if not then proceed with your own style, but be wary that TV is somewhat mayhemy.

I noticed the same trend for personal attacks, as you did on your own behalf, and that is to be judged. Click on the report button and inform the moderators - don't lower yourself to the same level and try arguing over it.

• Like 1

I would. There is a millions of ways to do it anonymously these days!

All this talks of mafia ,other danger talk. Shure like everywhere in Thailand or eny other countryes there is dark side,corruption ,etc in pretty much every place in world.

But id still say Koh tao is pretty much care free and very safe place to live,or come for holiday. Those old wild days are long gone,hippies have left years ago its pretty much diving and good food now days shure there is few odd parties once a while but nothing compared to our neighbours Samui, Phangan.

And yes i know 2 young people were murdered and lot of things dont match . But some of these theories ,accusations with out real proof its something what shud not be done just for laughts.

Its horrid thing ,and hope it gets investigated and they get to bottom of it all.

This all happened in Koh tao

but that doesnt make hole island and its people a bad!!

If it would be so terrible ,shure we would of not been selected best island to go in Asia, number 5 in world on trip advizor last year wich is based on independed reviews of tourist who visit the island.

Yet ,must remember even i speak about this bcase of so called "vested" intrest to my home.

All my sympathy goes to victims and their poor families it must of been horrible few months reading all newspapers ,internet gossiping.

I Hope justice will be served in the end , if it hasnt allready .

May they rest in peace.

As long as 2 probably innocent people are held in a prison where conditions are less than healthy, as long as there

are doubts about people on the island, as long as there are suspicions that others on the island have information that

they are withholding, eg.. the 'staff member who allegedly cleaned Sean up plus the bar cctv that will confirm it, as long as there

is unsolved deaths on the island,

DO NOT expect either this forum or social media to have sympathy with the island residents and their financial suffering.

2 young people have been butchered at the start of their adult life and we all want justice. If the islanders have to pull their belts in until it is

resolved, so be it.

No sympathy, so stop whining.

• Like 1

No questions, u summed it up pretty nicely. Wonder how people like u aint in charge of the world. World would be saved.

No rocks would not be unturn. Thanks,ill go sleep with smile on my face. There is is still good people in world. Nice one!!

Islandlife is responding to my post claiming I and some others on this thread would have done a better investigation than Thai cops. It's not a stretch, buddy. If a paint crew comes to a house to paint it, and splatters paint all over the foliage, the car, the floor, and doesn't wash their brushes except to wipe them on the pelts of your pets, ....then you'd be correct to claim you could do a better paint job.

There are soooooo many investigative items which the Thai cops either didn't think of, or messed up, (from incompetence) or contrived or obfuscated (because of the frame-up and/or shielding the headman's family) that it could fill a thick book. I'm a writer of sorts and I may put pen to paper in this regard. One drawback in doing something like that, is friends/family of headman might hunt me down and threaten bodily harm, or simply knock me off. Such things happen in Thailand, several times/year on average.

actually,

the RTP did a great job, until they solved the crime

i know 2 young people were murdered and lot of things dont match . But some of these theories ,accusations with out real proof its something what shud not be done just for laughts.

AT LEAST 2 people were murdered. Possibly more. Probably more young women raped.

I don't see anybody laughing about this.

Except perhaps the corruption apologists.

I noticed the uptick in structure as well,

initially I thought he just had someone help him with the english,

whether it was also someone trying not to show they knew english?

that takes too much thinking and who cares

All this talks of mafia ,other danger talk. Shure like everywhere in Thailand or eny other countryes there is dark side,corruption ,etc in pretty much every place in world.

But id still say Koh tao is pretty much care free and very safe place to live,or come for holiday. Those old wild days are long gone,hippies have left years ago its pretty much diving and good food now days shure there is few odd parties once a while but nothing compared to our neighbours Samui, Phangan.

And yes i know 2 young people were murdered and lot of things dont match . But some of these theories ,accusations with out real proof its something what shud not be done just for laughts.

Its horrid thing ,and hope it gets investigated and they get to bottom of it all.

If it would be so terrible ,shure we would of not been selected best island to go in Asia, number 5 in world on trip advizor last year wich is based on independed reviews of tourist who visit the island.

Yet ,must remember even i speak about this bcase of so called "vested" intrest to my home.

All my sympathy goes to victims and their poor families it must of been horrible few months reading all newspapers ,internet gossiping.

May they rest in peace.

it took months for my Thai girlfriend to understand and be able to use the word "still"

I therefore state, I do not believe that the above poster is Thai

I do feel he shud be gven the freedum to speek his mind and to not be chased ovf

As long as 2 probably innocent people are held in a prison where conditions are less than healthy, as long as there

are doubts about people on the island, as long as there are suspicions that others on the island have information that

they are withholding, eg.. the 'staff member who allegedly cleaned Sean up plus the bar cctv that will confirm it, as long as there

DO NOT expect either this forum or social media to have sympathy with the island residents and their financial suffering.

2 young people have been butchered at the start of their adult life and we all want justice. If the islanders have to pull their belts in until it is

resolved, so be it.

Not expekting your Sympathy. We are putting are "belts in",not whining either, just saying...

Would be interest to know where abouts u live in Thailand or are you at all? Shouldnt it all be then boycot hole Thailand as all the Police after day one where from Surathani and Bangkok , its absurd to think there is difrent rules here then rest of the country and that something like this could be cover up all the way on top . Wich information is with hold?

Not speaking about burmese lads now.

resolved, so be it.

Not expekting your Sympathy. We are putting are "belts in",not whining either, just saying...

Would be interest to know where abouts u live in Thailand or are you at all? Shouldnt it all be then boycot hole Thailand as all the Police after day one where from Surathani and Bangkok , its absurd to think there is difrent rules here then rest of the country and that something like this could be cover up all the way on top . Wich information is with hold?

Of course you are expecting sympathy, we have kids rents to pay etc,.

Deal with it, the island has a terrible reputation for law enforcement and deservedly so.

Where I live is not relevant and NO, the whole of Thailand should not suffer for the misdeeds of one small place, but it is doing and will do.

I never mentioned cover-ups, you did and in a patronage system no-one knows how far things can go.

Until the powers that be clean up the corruption and the events such as happened on your island then thailand will suffer and continue to

lose revenue as tourism declines. And TAT beefing up the projected average spend of a tourist by a magic 67% will not put currency in the cash registers.

From a personal perspective I am sad Thailand will suffer but sometimes pain is needed to move forward.

resolved, so be it.

Deal with it, the island has a terrible reputation for law enforcement and deservedly so.

Where I live is not relevant and NO, the whole of Thailand should not suffer for the misdeeds of one small place, but it is doing and will do.

I never mentioned cover-ups, you did and in a patronage system no-one knows how far things can go.

Until the powers that be clean up the corruption and the events such as happened on your island then thailand will suffer and continue to

lose revenue as tourism declines. And TAT beefing up the projected average spend of a tourist by a magic 67% will not put currency in the cash registers.

From a personal perspective I am sad Thailand will suffer but sometimes pain is needed to move forward.

resolved, so be it.

I meant this kind of things happens pretty much every day around bigger places at this country , but yet it seems koh tao is labelled this monsterious place where this kind of happenings are daily actions..

Your last sentence i fully agree.

• Like 1

Do you sleep well at night?

Are you scared when your landlord approaches you for another favour?

Are you happy, you continue to hide the facts, are you happy that your business is in decline?

When you have a quite moment, does that image of Hanna lying on the beach come back and haut you?

May they rest in peace.

I don't agree for a call to boycott of Ko Tao. Granted there are some mafia-like bad people walking around there (who may likely strike again), and there are some islanders who have likely been keeping their mouths shut about crimes, for various reasons, none of them noble.

Still, the vast majority of islanders are probably decent folks trying to eke-out a living.

BTW, a bit off-topic, but I just returned from visiting a Burma/Thai border town. There must have been hundreds of vendors trying to sell touristy knick-knacks, yet very few tourists. I'd guess about 1 tourist for every 15 to 20 vending stalls. Many of the stalls literally had piles of touristy stuff for sale; bracelets, carry bags, caps, necklaces, etc., ad infinitum. So, if tourists don't come, then (among other things) hundreds of thousands of touristy things don't get sold. Not only are thousands of vendors up shit-creek with no income, but it also closes down the tens of thousands of craftspeople who craft such things.

• Like 1

Do you sleep well at night?

Are you scared when your landlord approaches you for another favour?

Are you happy, you continue to hide the facts, are you happy that your business is in decline?

When you have a quite moment, does that image of Hanna lying on the beach come back and haut you?

May they rest in peace.

Yes mate, i sleep well.

Yet ive not been asked by no favours but if he/she comes possible will help as much as i can .also not scared and busines aint 2 bad concidering its low season .

No image dont haunt me but do wish never would of seen it.out of respect to poor victims.

I bet you watch it each day while sitting behind your computer and try to think what comment next.

Boris the blade....

• Like 1

resolved, so be it.

I meant this kind of things happens pretty much every day around bigger places at this country , but yet it seems koh tao is labelled this monsterious place where this kind of happenings are daily actions..

I see where your English picked up dramatically between your Post 1009 and the above. MMmmm

I don't agree for a call to boycott of Ko Tao. Granted there are some mafia-like bad people walking around there (who may likely strike again), and there are some islanders who have likely been keeping their mouths shut about crimes, for various reasons, none of them noble.

Still, the vast majority of islanders are probably decent folks trying to eke-out a living.

BTW, a bit off-topic, but I just returned from visiting a Burma/Thai border town. There must have been hundreds of vendors trying to sell touristy knick-knacks, yet very few tourists. I'd guess about 1 tourist for every 15 to 20 vending stalls. Many of the stalls literally had piles of touristy stuff for sale; bracelets, carry bags, caps, necklaces, etc., ad infinitum. So, if tourists don't come, then (among other things) hundreds of thousands of touristy things don't get sold. Not only are thousands of vendors up shit-creek with no income, but it also closes down the tens of thousands of craftspeople who craft such things.

one thing about those touristy things:

much of it is stolen goods, right out of the back door of the factory where those good were supposed to be shipped to Europe and America

second thing:

China

China's slowdown, is real

Their tourism, declining

Russia: the Ruble is under USA Forex attack

less tourists from there,

it's less tourists from everywhere,

USA discretionary vacation spending is at 2007 levels

Thailand is not at the top of anyone's lists

one last thing,

there was an annoucement last week that Ameircan companies want to do more business in Thailand, but.

for one full week after that announcement, not one article in the WSJ about Thailand,

I see Malaysia, I see Indonesia, I do not see Thailand

resolved, so be it.

I see where your English picked up dramatically between your Post 1009 and the above. MMmmm

u for real?

much of it is stolen goods, right out of the back door of the factory where those good were supposed to be shipped to Europe and America

second thing:

China

Their tourism, declining

one last thing,

there was an annoucement last week that Ameircan companies want to do more business in Thailand, but.

for one full week after that announcement, not one article in the WSJ about Thailand,

You see 2 Muslim countries...

• Like 1

second thing:

China

Their tourism, declining

one last thing,

You see 2 Muslim countries...

They also end in the letters "sia"... So pertinent.

• Like 1