DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 questions with the FCO

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/foreign_commonwealth_office_answer_our_10_questions_on_the_hannah_witheridge_case_1_3820462

States the specific mandate. I am looking at the Beeb now

BBC not an official statement.

FCO site makes no such statement, mentioned concerns.

The BBC contains an official quote, so yes it contains an official statement, quotes from diplomatic sources are known as official. Argue with that then head to Mark Kents twitter page where he also quotes the official position from these sources.

A the end of the day the UK government mentions their concerns about the corruption, DNA testing and the treatment of the suspects, if you want to be pedantic about details then whats the reason for that??

The FCO statement was very clear in its purpose, ie clearing up the doubts about whether the Thai diplomat was "summoned' or invited.

Edited by HUH
  • Like 1

Please see the actual FCO statement

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/foreign_commonwealth_office_answer_our_10_questions_on_the_hannah_witheridge_case_1_3820462

Edit - it is in no way pedantic to point out that the mandate for the UK police is spelled out. A statement of concern is in no way the same.

Edited by jdinasia

I've seen that many times and...............................

It spells out the actual mandate for the UK police.

Please tell me how you work that one out that this sole 10 questions put by a newspaper is the official mandate? Aside from the question time they had for this interview they have also made other official statements, thats precisely why I did not only quote from just one source as they is more than one official statement. If you would like to announce the statement you refer to as the Official mandate then go ahead. I take all statements into consideration as the investigation proceeds

None of your sources addressed the investigation.

The FCO statement as in http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/foreign_commonwealth_office_answer_our_10_questions_on_the_hannah_witheridge_case_1_3820462

Does address the investigation and spells out the mandate (precludes independent investigation and interfering in the domestic issues of Thailand)

We could add the memorandum for Manslaughter Murder and Infanticide of citizens abroad, and the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations to top it off.

Edited by jdinasia

The FCO statement as in http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/foreign_commonwealth_office_answer_our_10_questions_on_the_hannah_witheridge_case_1_3820462

Does address the investigation and spells out the mandate (precludes independent investigation and interfering in the domestic issues of Thailand)

We could add the memorandum for Manslaughter Murder and Infanticide of citizens abroad, and the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations to top it off.

Got it, so you've now changed the official mandate to the FCO press release for your convenience.

I quote official statements only, how you want to interpretate them thats your choice or your own agenda and what more you want to add in terms of Conventions and regulations again thats up to you.

The UK police have been here before and taken DNA tests and while it did not happen this time in the Koh Tao case or is unlikely to, despite conventions and consular relations or sovereign rights, it can be done

Got it, so you've now changed the official mandate to the FCO press release for your convenience.

I quote official statements only, how you want to interpretate them thats your choice or your own agenda and what more you want to add in terms of Conventions and regulations again thats up to you.

The UK police have been here before and taken DNA tests and while it did not happen this time in the Koh Tao case or is unlikely to, despite conventions and consular relations or sovereign rights, it can be done

Your "official statements" never mention the scope of the mandate for the UK police. They mostly quote unnamed source or Swire. Again never mentioning the scope of the mandate.

The story in EADT actually addresses the very thing none of your links do.

Has the UK ever taken DNA here? I can't say. Would they do so officially without the consent of Thailand? No.

Would they conduct an investigation into corruption without consent? No.

Would Thailand give up its sovereign rights? No.

If they (Thai police) were so sure - 'prefect' - that the 2 Burma lads were guilty they would never have needed to test anyone else.

Where do I send my 500bt to support the defence of these guys?

Edited by rmacee

It's been reported that when the two bodies of the victims returned to the United Kingdom, a Home Office Pathologist conducted an autopsy on the two.

Home Office Pathologist......For none Brits, that means the finest, most qualified pathologists conducted the autopsy. Home office Pathologists are only used on the most serious of murders. They are regarded as the finest pathologists in the world.

If your a Thai member of the law enforcement agencies, that means, you had better have the correct DNA, Toxicology, and cause of death reports present and correct, otherwise this is going to come back and haunt you.

DNA obtained from the two Burmese Accused.

David killed with a hoe???...really???

Date Rate drugs in the blood of Hanna?

THREE samples of unknown DNA on Hanna

Then the British Police with help from the Intelligence Community resources come into play

Phone records, cctv enhancement...the list is long and more important comprehensive and accurate.

I wonder why the Thai Courts won't proceed. We all know why and they are right to be scared.

THIS IS NOT GOING TO GO AWAY

Please point me the way to the report that states an autopsy was performed when the bodies returned home.

As usual, i dont think such a report exists and your making this up to further make your points more valid.

W e all want this resolved with justice for the victims, but there is so much posted on here as fact which is pure speculation its getting ridiculous.

From the FCO site:

Shortly after the person has died there may be a
post mortem examination in the country concerned
(also known as an autopsy) to determine the cause
of death. In many countries they are carried out as
a matter of course and may well have already taken
place immediately following the death, without the
permission of the next of kin. Our ability to influence
this is very limited. In some countries, there are no
post mortem facilities.
If a post mortem has been carried out overseas,
there may not be the need for one in the UK.
However, this is a decision for the coroner. He or
she may require one in cases of unnatural or violent
death; if there has not been one abroad; if there are
concerns about the identification process; or for
other extenuating circumstances.
It would be reasonable to assume that the coroner exercised his judgement, so while there may not have been an autopsy, there may well have been. I don't think that's speculation, more a probability.

The British government are well aware of Thailand track record on crime, you can be sure they carried out an autopsy and that they have their own independent DNA.

It's been reported that when the two bodies of the victims returned to the United Kingdom, a Home Office Pathologist conducted an autopsy on the two.

Home Office Pathologist......For none Brits, that means the finest, most qualified pathologists conducted the autopsy. Home office Pathologists are only used on the most serious of murders. They are regarded as the finest pathologists in the world.

If your a Thai member of the law enforcement agencies, that means, you had better have the correct DNA, Toxicology, and cause of death reports present and correct, otherwise this is going to come back and haunt you.

DNA obtained from the two Burmese Accused.

David killed with a hoe???...really???

Date Rate drugs in the blood of Hanna?

THREE samples of unknown DNA on Hanna

Then the British Police with help from the Intelligence Community resources come into play

Phone records, cctv enhancement...the list is long and more important comprehensive and accurate.

I wonder why the Thai Courts won't proceed. We all know why and they are right to be scared.

THIS IS NOT GOING TO GO AWAY

Please point me the way to the report that states an autopsy was performed when the bodies returned home.

As usual, i dont think such a report exists and your making this up to further make your points more valid.

W e all want this resolved with justice for the victims, but there is so much posted on here as fact which is pure speculation its getting ridiculous.

From the FCO site:

Shortly after the person has died there may be a

post mortem examination in the country concerned

(also known as an autopsy) to determine the cause

of death. In many countries they are carried out as

a matter of course and may well have already taken

place immediately following the death, without the

permission of the next of kin. Our ability to influence

this is very limited. In some countries, there are no

post mortem facilities.

If a post mortem has been carried out overseas,

there may not be the need for one in the UK.

However, this is a decision for the coroner. He or

she may require one in cases of unnatural or violent

death; if there has not been one abroad; if there are

concerns about the identification process; or for

other extenuating circumstances.

It would be reasonable to assume that the coroner exercised his judgement, so while there may not have been an autopsy, there may well have been. I don't think that's speculation, more a probability.

The British government are well aware of Thailand track record on crime, you can be sure they carried out an autopsy and that they have their own independent DNA.

If they (Thai police) were so sure - 'prefect' - that the 2 Burma lads were guilty they would never have needed to test anyone else.

Where do I send my 500bt to support the defence of these guys?

They didn't need to run these tests. Conspiracy theorists were screaming for them. They got them and are still not happy

• Like 1

The British Ambassador to Thailand was quoted by the PM and RTP as saying he thought the RTP investigation was " Proffessional" LIES

The Thai General yesterday stated the British Police read from the same text book....<deleted> LIES

Thailand need to brush up there diplomacy skills......NEVER make up quotes for another Nation

The British Report will be accurate, thorough, professional and damming

What actions they take will only be speculation......But I am certain there will be action and not solely from the UK.

any persons able to recognise number 9 shaking hands with David

The pics of Hannah at the end of the night with her two mates and one Asian guy with a head band or head scarf. It may have been on csi.

Does anyone have that photo and does it look like young Thai "milk" man?

Significant perhaps as it is late in the night and he had not been shown in any previous photos.

• Like 1

The British Ambassador to Thailand was quoted by the PM and RTP as saying he thought the RTP investigation was " Proffessional" LIES

The Thai General yesterday stated the British Police read from the same text book.... LIES

Thailand need to brush up there diplomacy skills......NEVER make up quotes for another Nation

What actions they take will only be speculation......But I am certain there will be action and not solely from the UK.

Boris,

Your conclusion there will be a "damming" report is just speculation.

That they will take any more action is also speculation. That any other nations will is a pipedream

A poster on here in the early days was clearly in the know on Koh Tao....he mentioned the "candy man" it was one of the head man\'s family....anyone know which one?

How do you ascertain if an anonymous poster on the internet is "clearly in the know"?

• Like 1

Well since there is no clear shot of his face, just a low quality shot of his back and possible profile. The only conclusive answer is no, no matter the number of people who would like it to be a certain person.

I don't know, maybe you should go and ask his Uncle M^^

any persons able to recognise number 9 shaking hands with David

You very correct JD

But I think there will be joint action.

There has been talks with other nations about unsolved murders and crimes, particularly rape.

Remember the report of the Canadian Girls on Koh Tao?

Remember the strange death of a British Holidaymaker last New year again on Koh Tao.?

The American's have warned the Thai about passport theft for many years......remember Malaysian ML380 ( 2 passengers flying on stolen passports, both came via Thailand, both from M'Bike rental shops) Passport theft has been a major issue in Thailand And a severe annoyance to the Americans

Add to that human trafficking

So on the murders the Brits are alone, but on Thailand and the above they have enormous support.

The Thai General yesterday stated the British Police read from the same text book.... LIES

Boris,

Your conclusion there will be a "damming" report is just speculation.

That they will take any more action is also speculation. That any other nations will is a pipedream

The Thai General yesterday stated the British Police read from the same text book....<deleted> LIES

As sad as it is, that two young Brits were brutally murdered, the world doesn't stop for that!!

But have another beer and post some more, at least you are entertaining today!!rolleyes.gif

I don't ,

This is a internet forum, people are free to comment, just like you do.

You have quoted and said as fact things that are just speculation

Unless you have access to the RTP investigation, you are just like the rest of us on here, speculating and analyzing news reports.

A poster on here in the early days was clearly in the know on Koh Tao....he mentioned the "candy man" it was one of the head man\'s family....anyone know which one?

How do you ascertain if an anonymous poster on the internet is "clearly in the know"?
  • Like 1