Need advice on what to do to come to Thailand to teach English.

Would be lovely if people that wish to call themselves teachers at very least have the recognized qualifications that are required in farang world.

At very most call youself an assistant or trainee ....something other than insult the profession.

Also what's with the failed people in their own country that are attracted to cheap life style here.....don't you get it ? Unless you have made your bucks already, Thailand will end in tears. Get over the free lunch.

Fewer qualifications are required for TEFL in the farang world. As long as you have a recognised TEFL qualification you can get work teaching new immigrants, asylum seekers and tourists. No need for a degree. Thailand can afford to (mostly) insist on a degree, there are not so many TEFLers in the farang world.

• Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The number of poor uneducated people seeking jobs is Thailand is part of the reason the teachers council is making more and more rules which make educated people wanting to be teachers more difficult.

But due to perceived need for English and schools greed they will put a breathing NES white body as an English teacher.

There will be opportunities

Great White, it seems to me you've decided what you're doing, are looking for support, and batting back what you don't like.

You asked for advice, and you're receiving it from old hands, so you ignore it at your peril.

27 posts on the one topic, with no others, and not only ignoring advice, but suggesting the advice is in error, smells like a troll to me!!!

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

12 or 10 years ago, yes. No doubts about it. But now I'd think twice, not having a degree.

And only making 30 k in Australia does show that the OP doesn't have any "special skills."

Teaching here isn't just about the ability in being good at English. But it seems the decision is already made by the OP.

\\

If I were you, get a degree, even if it takes five years. Your government will support you, as well. Best of luck..

Best of luck.

A new account posting a controversial topic.

What is your motivation for coming to Thailand?

Do you have any money in the bank?

How old? 30 40 50 60

Different advice depending on age and savings.

I doubt he's going anywhere brianp, just poking a hornets' nest.

• Like 1

I think he said married to a lady living in Thailand but he has never lived in Thailand.

I would think many Thai women married to farang expect an improvement in their life.

Maybe some want farang baby with dual citizenship.

I remember when I came to Thailand for the first time. Similar feelings like the OP had expressed....but this is not the paradize I once dreamed of.

The only reason why I'm still here after 12 years is my nice and supporting family. And honestly speaking, foreign friends are pretty rare, as most

foreigners seem to have the same hobby, which seems to be gossiping about others.About other peoples' wives, people having less money, etc...

Then the barstool acrobats, who have their first heineken at Nana and believe they live the dream? Osshh...

But OP, I'll use my horn when I see you riding your bicycle. Is that what you're looking for?

A slave on a bicycle working for an agency, or a school, making 18 K, because they know that you need a job?

Not having experience in teaching doesn't make it easier for you. You wrote that you want to create leaders, not followers. That really frightened me.

How could you create "leaders", if you made it to amonthly income of 30 K baht? Best of luck from lower northeast. facepalm.gif

post-158336-0-94813600-1414992658.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

I can understand the OP wanting to move to Thailand.

If your career option available to you were cleaning tables at Mac Donnalds for $1,000 a month in Australia or working as a a respected NES teacher in Thailand- which would you choose?