One-off Out/In Border Run Still Allowed?

I'll start by apologising for the question as I'm sure it gets asked all the time, but as I couldn't find any recent threads on the subject I'll ask anyway.

Since the crackdown on out/in visa runners earlier in the year is this option still available for one off use, or is the same day turnaround completely off the table?

Background:

My girlfriend and I have come and gone four times this year: we arrived in mid-April on a 30 day exemption, then got a double entry tourist visa in Vientiane (though we only ended up using the first entry). In July we travelled to Mongolia for a month then returned to Thailand on another 30 day exemption for three weeks, travelled to the Philippines for three weeks then returned a month ago on another 30 day exemption. The current 30 day stamp expires today.

Last Thursday we went to Chaeng Wattana in the hope of extending our exemption by a further 30 days, but we ran into a problem. I was fine (British passport), but my girlfriend was told that she was only eligible for a 7 day extension since she's on a Mongolian passport. It hadn't occurred to us that the 30 day extension wasn't available to all visitors.

So, about an hour ago she headed out to take a trip to the Cambodian border with a visa run service to get (hopefully) another 30 day entry stamp (Mongolians get 30 days on entry at land borders, unless the rules have changed recently). She's taken plenty of cash to prove she can support herself - and to get by in case she isn't allowed back in - along with a print out of her outbound flight from Bangkok to Mongolia at the end of November.

So, my obvious question is: is she likely to have a problem getting back in? She has zero history of making border runs in order to stay in the country long term without a proper visa, and it's obvious from her passport that she's a legitimate tourist, but I'm wondering if it's the case that the same day out/in run is simply not a possibility any more under any circumstances. Can anyone help allay/confirm my fears?

They have been reports that they will allow one out/in border crossing entry after flying in. So she should not have a problem.

Immigration has been reported as not allowing the 30 day extension for those that get entries based upon bilateral agreements,

If she used Thai Visa Service from On Nut or Bangkok Buddy from Sukhumvit Soi 12 she will have no problem in getting one 30day visa exempt stamp.

Yes, she was picked up from soi 12 at 4:30AM, so I'm guessing she used Bangkok Buddy smile.png

That was my choice; back in BKK at 2.30 and buffet smile.png

The former if going for an actual visa @ Laos

Edited by liamstevens111